Details

  • Last Online: 3 days ago
  • Location: California
  • Contribution Points: 3 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: March 14, 2025
  • Awards Received: Wholesome Troll1 Free Range Tomato1
Replying to atom951 • Nov 28, 2025
Suicide isn't as common as South Korea would have us believe.
This is so true! Vicious & relentless attacks by media extortionists—which lacked any actual empathy or perspective—led Lee Sun Kyun, Sulli, & Kim Sae Ron (among others) to the place where they felt that suicide was their only, and best choice. It's not a good look for South Korea. And I fear this trend will continue to escalate before it gets any better.
13 1
Replying to Kaelith • Nov 28, 2025
Person Kim Soo Hyun
I have a question for you. Why do you change your username so often and leave disparaging comments on all of Kim…
I did answer the username question, at the end of my post which you obviously haven't read. And what you do or do not see is not my concern.

Most of what I have learned has come from Koreaboo's coverage. Their timeline has been my index to all of the twists and turns of this IRL K-Drama. I'd suggest you educate yourself, but it's probably better that you first learn some manners &/or get some psychological help.

https://www.koreaboo.com/series/kim-soo-hyun-kim-sae-ron-relationship/timeline/
11 2
Replying to Kaelith • Nov 28, 2025
Person Kim Soo Hyun
I have a question for you. Why do you change your username so often and leave disparaging comments on all of Kim…
Not all my comments are disparaging. For the record, IOTNBO is one of my all-time favorite K-Dramas and Soohyun's performance was a big part of my appreciation. If KSH is exonerated I will gladly apologize for over-empathizing with the late Kim Sae Ron who tragically reached a point in her life when she felt that a fatal choice was her only & best option.

But the fact that not one, or even two, but three Gold Medalist CEOs have quit in less than a year as a result of the KSR scandal should be a red flag to anyone following this saga. (Remember, KSH and his family are the major shareholders. They are the chaebols of GM.)

In December of last year CEO 'A' (see article) quit after handling details related to KSR's automobile collision. In February, KSH's brother Lee Rang was removed by the damage control team after similarities between KSR's demise and the eerily-similar events surrounding actress Sulli's suicide (in which both brothers were involved) resurfaced, and now this new CEO also quits—before the scandal has been resolved (which in the business world is a big no-no, and the guy doesn't even have another job lined up.)

---
I felt deeply personally affected upon hearing the news of Lee Sun Kyun's suicide, and by the revelations which followed. I was unaware of KSR when her death was announced, but after the steady stream of strange and troubling details emerged—echoed by the disturbing details surrounding Sulli's 2023 death which resulted from the lingering effects of her own tragic brush with KSH and his brother during the filming of Real in 2017—I started following the case assuming that there is something rotten in the house of Gold Medalist. Again, I could be wrong and if so will apologize. But it is naive to think it is all rosy in GM-town, or that all their troubles are due to these selfish women who keep killing themselves just to get some attention (or whatevs.)

--
Oh, and I change my profile on the regular ever since I discovered this is a feature which MDL provides, and it seemed fun. I'm not fishing for likes or friends. I just post what I think and feel and that's plenty for me. I appreciate MDL for the opportunity to do so.
15 4
Lily Alice • Nov 28, 2025
Ahn Sung Soo replaced Kim Soo Hyun's half-brother Lee Sa Rang as CEO after his predecessor was removed as a result of the agency's damage-control efforts when the scandal first broke.

Lee Sa Rang had directed (without credit) KSH's movie Real (2017), after the original director quit. Real is the film which scandalized actress Choi Jin Ri, aka Sulli, who took her life in 2023. Sulli's suicide eerily foreshadowed Kim Sae Ron's own fatal decision, last year. Both women had been hounded by ruthless media and each claimed KSH ghosted them just as they needed him most.

In related recent news, Kim Sae Ron's mother has released 4 new pieces of evidence to support the claim that her underage daughter had been in a secret relationship with the actor.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-sae-ron-mother-unveils-damning-evidence-kim-soo-hyun-dated-minor/

KSH's real life is crazier than a K-Drama! Who should play him in the biopic?
34 14
Replying to 15271464 • Nov 27, 2025
Shin Min-a is fabulous. I really do hope that the couple live a long and happy life together, whatever they do.…
Totally agree! Sometimes the good ones find each other, make it work, stick it out, & become a longtime power couple (or even just laid-back models of love). I wish them a long happy life together with all the blessings.
4 0
Replying to Kim Soo Hyun • Nov 26, 2025
Person Kim Soo Hyun
Replying to deleted comment
The court of public opinion moves quickly whereas the courts of law are deliberate. Don't blame the investigators for adhering to standards performed consciously and intentionally in a careful and unhurried way. The entertainment industry thrives on real-time buzz when it comes to publicity, prestige, & paparazzi but the always-on all-access pass bites back & stings venomously whenever scandals erupt.
0 0
Replying to Anila • Nov 26, 2025
Person Kim Soo Hyun
Loving someone is not wrong.Just because Kim Sae Ron loved Kim Soo Hyun doesn’t mean he is the one who caused…
KSR had rotten luck. The one guy who stood by her during her hardest times also drove her to the point (an even harder-est time!) where she felt taking her life was her only & best option. You don't get luck more rotten than that!
7 0
Replying to ONF • Nov 26, 2025
Person Kim Soo Hyun
No mention of KSH:https://kbizoom.com/kang-ha-neul-brand-reputation-number-one-six-projects-2025-actor/“On November…
The KCRRI excluded KSH from their so-called "study" because it was designed to present only the most desirable results. If KSH were included in the K-Wave 100, he would be the undertow. None of the other celebrities, their agencies, nor their brand sponsors wish to get sucked into his maelstrom.
8 0
Replying to ebonwilde • Nov 17, 2025
is murder worse than what he did to her?
That is a good question.
0 0
Replying to zahra • Nov 16, 2025
i mean tbh the show did a fairly good job of explaining why it was probably the best possible solution for them
Oh, no doubt!
I was merely discussing the subject, not the show.
2 0
Lily Alice • Nov 15, 2025
I pray that both Nana and her mother might promptly recover fully from their injuries—and that they might regain peace and be able to feel safe in their hearts and in their home. I'd like to also expect that the intruder-attacker will face a full measure of appropriate justice and will no longer be able to terrorize or harm anyone.
14 0
Replying to Daldajang • Nov 15, 2025
Unless you are suggesting that the totem pole release failure was intentional, I don't see how this was telling.…
You're right. Had I not seen your comment(s), I myself would not have realized the actual circumstances surrounding this incident.

And I agree that it is good to get past the scandal and that Netflix navigated this appropriately. Thanks for your contributions in this forum!
0 0
Replying to Ok-Impression6834 • Nov 15, 2025
Judging from the pin mechanism, my guess is they noticed right away. The other 2 teams are still holding on while…
That is a good theory. I find it difficult to consider athletes of their caliber willing to carry on in such a circumstance, as I hold enormous esteem for all of these participants.

Then again, I live in a country where—30 years ago—Olympic hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was viciously attacked by the boyfriend of her main opponent, and until recently XY-chromosome competitors regularly and unfairly bloodied XX-chromosome contenders. Oh, and our professional sports associations (NBA, NFL, NHL, MBA) are currently being exposed for corruption, rigging games to benefit powerful gambling interests. So I guess I just realized why I am looking to Asia for role models.
0 0