New Trial

coolcancerian
May 4, 2017
What a movie !! Wow ..well made and very well acted
Don't think it's melodramatic and depressing ..this is actually quite interesting
Gripping screenplay ..I was eager to see what happens next
The fact that it's a real story ..makes it even more great
Kang ha Neul ..amazing ..he literally lived the character
Deserves huge applause ..been watching his work from sometime ..he came a long way

A must watch !!
I totally recommend !!
Heart touching
Lorrapatricia
Jul 1, 2017
Reasons for 8.5 and not a 9.0?
1. As a drama fiend I find the standard movie length way too short . 2. I don't favor true crime stories.(prefer documentary) I've never re-watched a movie so that doesn't count ....So, an 8.5 is actually super high for me because I really can't see how anyone could go wrong watching this for an hour no matter what genre you like.

This is a great movie all on it's own, but if you like Legal, then you'll love this one. It's based on a true story. Which makes it even more riveting and touching. The cast is tops notch and the acting is stellar. The writing is very straightforward. This movie is not draggy or boring anywhere.
A young man is viciously and falsely accused and loses all hope in life after his sentence until a twist of fate in a lawyers life gives the wrongfully accused an opportunity for a new trial. Sounds simple. The movie is anything but. It shows the harsh reality of police, prosecutor and judicial system corruption. Your heart will bleed and teeth will clench. It takes you high with hope, then tramples you hard. The hero lawyer is not played in a dramatic showy way, he was very human a little jaded and down trodden but with a sense of justice that's still pure. I got a really good reminder toward the end, to be careful who I let my guard down with. People you think you know well will gut you without even a good blink.
It's a good ending in keeping of course with the real story.

LeejLicious
Oct 21, 2017
This movie is amazing, and this should be watched by EVERYONE.
The story is bonechilling, because it is based on true events. Knowing this fact this movie will move you to tears, at least I did.  I sat on the edge of my seat, my anger grew at times and I could feel the despair.
The cast was also marvellous. I felt with them though every emotion and made their characters jump out of this movie. They did a honor for the family who sadly had gone through these events.
The music fitted every scene and I would 100% rewatch this movie.

Everyone should watch this, because it's based on real events, it opens up your eyes and you'll be in a rollercoaster ride with this movie!

Lina Kei
Oct 25, 2017
I like this movie. It's based on a real story and it makes the movie more realistic. I really admire that koreans tend to do this kind of movies showing injustice, as it was for this year's movie Midnight Runners or older movie Miracle in room number 7.
The acting was on point for all of the actors. Kang Haneul displayed the character perfectly, also the actor who represents the lawyer. And the actress which portrays the blind mother did a pretty good job too!

I can't say I have disliked something in particular. I can only say my own feeling is just 8.0 not 10. I don't find the movie too much touching, but it can be this way because I'm getting used to this kind of movies.