Tang Ying is an innocent, naive girl who, after a failing acting career, decides to start afresh to travel to Nanzhan Bu Island (South Island) and become a surrogate shopper. However, all is not what it seems. Due to the popularity of the island and the tax-free and visa free policies in place there, it has attracted the attention of many criminal syndicates/gangs who are looking to invest on the island due to the prospect of making an insane amount of money, and the secret war between the gangs and the police brewing there.
By accident, Tang Ying becomes embroiled in the war, as well as meeting two different men who are on opposite sides of this war: Jian Zi who is a juvenile killer, and the handsome male police commissioner Li Yong Ji. In the shadow of death, gangs and a variety of cases involving trade in the black market, will Tang Ying be able to pull through? Add Synopsis In Portuguese
Cast & Credits
I loved that no one suspected the HMH to be the skilled masked fighter because he looks like such a cute puppy. The writers also did a good job in making me debate on who the good guys and who the bad guys were.
– Beautiful scenography.
– Spectacular original soundtracks and background music.
– Okay acting. I was in it for Mike He and wasn't disappointed one bit in that regard, however, I feel like they could have fleshed out his character some more.
– Chemistry. This is really a matter of taste and opinion. The main couple did have chemistry and cute moments, but not to the degree that I would ship them (I think I shipped the side couple more). To me, their relationship felt more like a noona-dongsaeng relationship rather than a romantic/mature one, but guess that's a given considering the age of the actors.
What NOT to expect?
– A strong plot. The premise of the story was interesting—it was literally oozing with potential—however, not very convincingly executed. The plot was not strongly knit together and above all, lacked focus. It lost me somewhere between the middle and the ending.
– A love triangle (although the poster might suggest otherwise). Not sure if there was a love triangle—if there was, it was very vaguely present. Don't forget, Mike He is not playing the second male lead, he is playing the main character of his own story.
– Not the most satisfying ending of all. In fact, the ending was WTF-inducing and felt rushed. On the plus side (or not, depending on how you're looking at it), chances of a second season seem high judging from the manner in which things were rounded off in the final episode.
Was it worth watching? Yes. Would I watch it again? Doubt it.