Project S The Series: Side by Side (2017) poster

Pinoy_Oppa
Jul 28, 2017
This short series was very promising. The first episode was full of emotions, it had me that emotional that I was on the verge of crying. Autism is not a disease, it is a disorder and I am happy that they put this in the spotlight to raise awareness about people having it. We should not hate them, instead we should be patient with them...they are the most talented people in the world. I admired the pacing the story and the actors are very convincing.

I cannot wait to the next episodes to come. So far, I rated this as perfect, because everything about it is great.

This is one of the best Thai Dramas that I've seen so far.

Kudos to the whole production in this project!

Victuurri
Sep 11, 2017
I'll keep this simple.

STORY. Superb storyline. Having badminton as supposed to be the central plot, the writers explored beyond the sport. For me, it's not about badminton. It's not about autism. It's about sibling rivalry. That's the very core of the story and it was presented magnificently. There is no antagonist, only the products of mistakes from people who caused the problems and conflicts of the main characters.

ACTING. Stellar performance. I expected a lot from Tor and Sky but they have still delivered more than what I have expected. I adore their chemistry as brothers here. Tor deserves awards for portraying his role. I can't think of other actors of his generation who can do what he did.

MUSIC. I'm a Thai series fan but I can't read and write in Thai. Despite that, the soundtrack used in the series is truly remarkable. The matches became more intense because of the musical score. The nursery rhyme used in the emotional and sensitive scenes moved me. The way Dong calms Gym down is marvelous. It gives me chills up until now. That's my favorite scene ever! Whoever thought of that is genius.

REWATCH VALUE. This is the weakest spot of the story. The editing of the series is a bit scattered. The story has become predictable because of the sequencing of events. The building up of some scenes takes a bit long. There are elements that are repetitive and unnecessary. It's not as tight as I hoped it would be.

Nonetheless, it's an incredible ride. You'll get to appreciate and love your family more after watching Side By Side. For me, its pilot episode is the best Project S episode so far. It will be just difficult to top that.

Silver_Sylphy
Sep 26, 2017
The good:
The acting is superb! Great acting by everyone, including the extras!
The music score is just epic! Another well done OST!

The epic:
Credit must be given to  Tor who portrays an autistic person in an amazing way! Not condescending or patronising in any way you actually feel lie you are observing someone with the affliction!
The story is just epic! Sport and autism! Wow! There is no good and bad, just situations and repercussions. This has to be the Thai drama that is the most realistic to
The chemistry between the leads, the 2nd leads and the interaction with the other characters in the Side by Side world is remarkable!

Conclusion
SxS is an amazing story, well paced, well acted, well crafted! Well worth the watch!

Cute Gnome
Jun 27, 2018
It was one of the most emotional TV Series I've watched! No matter how hard I try to stop my emotions from flowing still its like a volcano willing to erupt any moment of time. The storyline was superbly done, the concept and the idea was brilliant. Whoever formulated this idea for me was a genius. Am already over praising it? Who cares? Because they deserved to be praised.

The acting skill was brilliant. I'm familiar with some of the casts and I was struck of how they grow as an artist. Their emotions flow like a calm water in the river. Fantastic. I tried to hide my tears but I was defeated. I ended up crying in the end.

Truly indeed that no one knows how far you can go but only yourself.

Credits to that casts for the magnificent acting skills and to all the persons behind it.

We Are / All / Normal

Charbre03
Apr 22, 2019
The story of this series was really good it was interesting, funny, cute, emotional, and overall really good.
I enjoyed this series a lot and will definitely watch it again in the future.
The acting was incredible and I really connected to the characters
None of the music stood out to me but the storyline was very unique and hard to come across.
This series managed to have drama but at the same time kept it simple.
The main thing I loved about this show is the relationship between the two brothers/cousins, it was very Emotional and I might or might of not cried like a baby.
This show made me feel like a mother in protecting the two main characters despite them being a lot older than me.
I highly recommend this show it is a very unique show with a lot of different aspects to it .
If you think you’re crazy by talking to yourself, you’ll be even more crazy watching this show. Because I definitely talk to myself while watching this and my family is concerned. What I mean talking to myself I mean screaming, crying, falling off my bed and saying “ouch”, and laughing .

Julius Angelo Garcia
Sep 11, 2017
I need Season 2! Dong hasn't answered Gym's question! :D
All the actors are great. The cinematography is unparalleled. I cry a lot because they did great on acting and saying their lines. It immediately crawls to several of my top 1 thai series. :D

Long live production team, actors, directors, writers and the whole staff!
tmb516
Aug 5, 2019

Grab tissues you will need them

As a parent of an autistic child this, oh this hit my heart. I am typing through tears so if there are typos sorry. I cant get too into it because emotionally I have to shut off. I loved the story. One critique would be the cheating scandal. I think that the story would have been completely fine told with out that added. The problems that Dong was going through with his mom and Gym were enough to carry the 8 episodes. I will admit I did cuss my computer out a few times through the movie and had to remind myself its a movie. I gave the rewatch value a high rating because if you can handle it, its worth it. Me personally, I will not be rewatching. My heart cant take it. The actor did an exceptional job portraying Gym. There were several scenes with meltdowns and coping with the emotions that my husband and I have faced with our own son and his autism. I am going to go and cry in the shower because I cant stop the tears coming.