Choi Ban Do and Ma Jin Joo are both 38-years-old and a married couple. Choi Ban Do has been burdened with being the breadwinner and Ma Jin Joo is a housewife with low self-esteem. Even though they loved each other when they married, they now hate each other. They both regret marrying at such a young age. The couple travels through time and finds themselves as 20-year-old university students when they met for the first time.
~~ Adapted from the manhwa "Do it One More Time". Add Synopsis In Portuguese
Cast & Credits
Let me tell you why you shouldn't shelf this drama aside as 'yet another time traveling drama'
- The series focuses on our main leads, who have been married for 14 years and are getting divorced. It stresses on the fact that marriage is not simply the happy ending, as it's normally shown in dramas. Throughout the whole show, little by little, we get to see what it was that went wrong with our OTP in the first place. The drama portrays the painful reality of marriage.
- Going back in time to change one's past mistake might not appear to be a fresh idea for a drama. But believe me when I say this, that the execution is simply top-notch. This drama hits all the right notes for the viewers. This drama explores the question of If you could go back, back to the time before it all started, what would you do? Would you make the same decisions you made before? Or would you do something you didn't get to do before?
- This drama is just so beautifully realistic in it's approach. Whether it's the flashback scenes or back to the time 1999 scenes, every struggle, every problem, every situation that our leads face is handled in such a realistic way, that it's hard not to appreciate that.
- This drama is going to play with your emotions. And I mean this in the best way. One second, it'll make you laugh out loud. And the next, it'll have you tearing up. Specially the scenes of Seo Jin and Jin Joo with her mom will have you crying out loud. So better prepare some tissues, 'cause you're going to bawl your eyes out in every episode.
- The second lead syndrome is really strong in this one, there's no denying this. The first few episodes, (or in some cases, maybe throughout the whole drama) you're going to ship the leads with the second leads. Specially Nam Gil sunbae. He's simply...perfect. He's cute, kind, funny and well, always there for our lead girl. It's impossible not to fall for this guy.
- One of the best things about this drama, and one that I really loved is the narration by Ban Do & Jin Joo at the opening and ending scenes of every episode. I love how they start with something painfully honest, and end with something hopeful.
- Instead of asking yourself what does this drama has to offer you, question what doesn't it has to offer you. My answer- Nothing! Yup. Might sound unbelievable, but it's true. And you'll realize it too. This drama has everything from comedy, romance, friendship to slice-of-life and nostalgia. Every genre is balanced enough to give viewers an unforgettable watch.
- The OST is just beautiful and melodious. I have had plenty of dramas where I liked or even loved the OST, but this is one of the few rare dramas where I was moved by the songs. They are just so good and so fitting. My personal favorites being 'Dream' by Lucia & 'Wind Song' by Sohyang.
After reading my review, you might think I overused the word 'beautiful', but honestly, that's the only word I can describe this drama with. It's beautiful. It's heartwarminlgly and hearwrenchingly beautiful. So I sincerely hope that you give this drama a chance.Happy Watching!!
The cast is perfect! The character of second lead is almost too perfect even I was secretly hoping that Jin Joo will end up with Nam Gil..
The music is spot on.. the rewatch value is also record high for me.. even I will rewatch it again after I finish writing review.
I can say this is one of the most enjoyable drama ever.. the problem with it, I think the SLS is too hard..
|I need an innocent romantic drama like Go back couple. by sulubi||7||0|