Fates & Furies (2018) poster

• Genres: Romance, Drama, Family, Melodrama
  • Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or older

purplebass
Mar 2, 2019
This title started with a promising introduction. The four protagonists all want or not want something and they are going to try what they can to get it. Hae Ra wants revenge, In Joon wants to run his shoes company, Tae Oh wants to save his daughter, and Soo Hyun wants to get married. It was amusing how it all felt like destiny when their lives got tangled up together, and I liked to find out what reason drove each character to do what they did.

The main theme is revenge, and this drama contains some of the usual k-drama cliches of this type, so you won't find nothing new. At times the show looked predictable, but I was surprised a few times despite the execution was a bit poor on some occasions. In the end much of the plot makes sense.

What some people may not like is the slow pacing. This drama is actually short compared to others, but in my opinion it develops a bit like a longer drama, so many people will find that it drags a bit. I honestly didn't feel that "dragging" feeling much, but that's probably because I marathoned the last 20 mini episodes because I wanted to find out how it ended. In my case, I enjoyed the ride, but I understand the plot can be tiring at some point, especially when some storylines could've been resolved in less time. A 16-episodes drama would've been OK as well for this kind of story, but what can we do?

This drama had a very good cast. I really wanted to see Joo Sang Wook and Lee Min Jung reunite, but it didn't feel satisfying like their previous k-drama reunion. I think on this drama there should've been more work on the development of this couple because at times the actors didn't feel like they were into the pairing, as if they weren't much involved. I understand In Joon's character liked Hae Ra and he was driven by his liking to act like he did with her and that Hae Ra was with him just because she had an ulterior motive, but there was something off in their dynamic. I guess it's the writing, because the actors have worked together in the past and there wasn't any chemistry issue in a title like "Cunning Single Lady". I think the revelation of this drama for me was Seo Yi Hun, who played Cha Soo Hyun. Her character was complicated and unsure at times, but she always did something unexpected. She was truly a character you love to hate.

The music was very good. I love the main OST by Aalia called like the drama. And I loved every instrumental that they put on it, because they were very fitting and alluring for this kind of drama.

Would I watch it again? Yes, probably. Despite everything, this drama was my cup of tea. I liked the story, didn't like how some things were executed, but I liked it overall. If I were to suggest whether to watch it or not, I'd say that if you like revenge dramas, then this could be of your liking. But you want any suggestion? Marathon it. I guess it's better to watch the story fast, because it all makes more sense in the end.

kenzo_0586
Mar 19, 2019
seems promising that went down a bit but overall was good
chararcters that has been seen on other dramas with storyline cannot be compared as it's about not only love but deep vengeance not knowing the whole thing and just like throwing a pit of action and all for heritage as usually common on kdrama
skipping the time lapses as if saying forgiving but not forgetting but in the end love conquers all
so all in all not just showing the happy ending but sure that's how it ends though
enfin c'est bien mais peut faire mieux
shyni
Apr 30, 2019
I mainly started and kept watching this drama until the end because of how beautiful Lee Min Jung is. The other reason was because of how the male lead was so deeply in love with the female lead. And the last reason was wanting to see all the misunderstandings cleared.

This drama had the typical chaebol plot but the revenge element of it kept it interesting enough. The villains are really hateful but thankfully they get what they deserve at the end.

The female lead is not your typical kdrama heroine (although in the middle she makes some questionable choices) she's cool and has an interesting personality. The male lead is nice but naive but he gets his justice at the end. Also the second leads are well written complex characters.

The shoe making element of the drama was original to me as I personally haven't seen it in other dramas.

Overall it's not a bad drama, i've seen worse.

Miss Purple
Aug 22, 2019
Eu devo dizer que este é um EXCELENTE melodrama! Se você gosta deste estilo vai amar assistir a este K-Drama.
Acho que aqui tudo funcionou de uma forma extremamente bem feita. A fotografia deslumbrante deu um charme todo especial a esta história que retrata muito bem a relação dualista de amor/ódio entre que a protagonista (Goo Hye Ra) tem com o protagonista (Tae In Joon). O elenco parece que foi escolhido à dedo, todos os atores desempenharam seus papéis de forma primorosa, aqui vale destacar os vilões da história que me fizeram ficar realmente com raiva de seus personagens. O enredo me prendeu já no primeiro episódio e não me aguentava de curiosidade para ver o próximo episódio. A heroína da história não é uma mocinha chorona, a história parece mais realista e é realmente penoso ver o sofrimento que ela passa tendo que escolher entre o amor ou o ódio. Outro ponto alto deste Drama é a química que estes atores tem juntos. Eu já assisti a mais de 100 Dramas e devo dizer que ainda não vi casal principal demonstrando tantos sentimentos só com um olhar como estes dois, é esplêndido de ver!

Se você gosta de finais imprevisíveis e reveladores este Drama não vai te desapontar. Poucos K-Dramas me deixaram tão ansiosa pelo próximo episódio como Fates & Furies fez. Entrou no meu Top 5 Melhores Dramas com toda certeza. Amei!