• Join Date: December 8, 2018
Encounter
Jan 28, 2019
This drama's visuals were what impressed me the most. Everything looked stunning, the animations that played at the beginning and at the end of each episode, the scenery, the actors, everything.

The romance was so heartfelt, it made me wonder if such a beautiful romance with such a deep connection between two people in love could actually exist in real life, I hope it does.

I can't not mention how I loved the osts, they were simply beautiful and fitted the situations well.

Although I loved the romance part of the story, I could have liked this drama more if the plot had been more interesting.

Also the episodes were all too long and there were a lot of boring scenes.

The last two episodes disappointed me because of the use of one of the typical unnecessary situations kdrama writers like to add in the finale episodes to cause drama.

But I did like the ending, it was simple and good and although I didn't rate this drama that high I still recommend it just because of the romance. If you are a hopeless romantic like me you will love the pairing in this.

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim
Dec 8, 2018
it started well, the episodes were good up until the childhood story plot was completed. The next few episodes, 4 episodes or so, were so boring that I just wanted them to end fast and to get the show over with.

As for the characters, at first I liked the leads but then the show got draggy and over the top cheesy scenes between the leads started happening more often, most of them making me cringe to the point that I felt like skipping their scenes (which would be impossible it's almost the whole show). Also at times the lead couple acted like teenagers when they are like 30 or something on the show (I'm talking about the characters nothing against the actors).

I felt like I was more interested on the side characters than the lead couple, I'm happy the side ships got together at least.

The main couple had been working together for nine years, him overworking her like crazy and treating her like shit, and then one day she snaps, decides to quit and tells him and what? only then he realizes her worth? that he likes her? starts treating her better in fear of losing her? doesn't seem right to me.

Also the main male lead is narcissistic from the beginning to the end, and I was rolling my eyes every time he said anything narcissistic.

Clean With Passion For Now
Feb 7, 2019
I loved this drama and was excited to watch new episodes every week, it was filled with fun scenes, the romance was cute, the couple looked good together and both actors are really attractive, also I liked the 3 cleaning fairies plus o sol's relationship.

I used to like this drama so much that I was sure I going to rewatch it someday, but that changed because I disliked how the story unfolded.

To me it all went downhill when O sol stopped working in the company and started living in Seon kyeol's house. Sure we were blessed with some great kisses and domestic stuff, but to me that was when the plot started becoming nonsensical.

I didn't like Daniel at all, I found him clingy and annoying as all hell not to mention his stalking behavior. I didn't like O sol's rude brother and his attitudes as well as her father.

I even started disliking O sol and not understanding her decision of breaking up with Seon kyeol (not to mention how unoriginal and boring that ''have the couple breakup in the last few episodes'' kdrama trope is) and her attitude towards him, a person who didn't deserve any of it. To me that was the final nail in this drama's coffin. What his selfish grandfather, who physically attacked him as a kid (I also didn't like how the writer seemed to have forgotten that and gave the grandfather a redeeming scene, expecting us to feel sorry for him) and who caused his misophobia, did, wasn't his fault.

The final episode was painful to watch because of how o sol kept rejecting seon kyeol and how her and her father kept blaming and making him guilty of something that wasn't his fault. I didn't like seeing him acting so pitiful around the father and her.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it or not, sure the ending was a happy one, there's lots of funny scenes and the couple had good chemistry but there's lots of things that prevent me from doing so. I guess you could give it a try if your a fan of any of the actors because everyone did a great job.

Where Stars Land
Jan 13, 2019
I liked the story and the airport setting, I learned a lot about how's life in an airport.

The female may seem a bit annoying at first but that's part of her unsecure character and she gets better in time.

The male is sweet but kinda dumb at times, I wanted to scream at him through the screen.

The disability plot was a good idea but it wasn't represented well in my opinion.

The romance was heartwarming and sweet and the side couple was really cute too.

The Osts are really good too and made the romance scenes even better.

The only complain I have is the ending, not that it was bad but because it was incredibly rushed, it will would have been better if certain things had been explained. Even so I liked this drama and didn't feel like I wasted my time, I rec it but only to watch one time, I don't really plan on rewatching it.

Descendants of the Sun

Overhyped and overrated

As read on the title of this review, overhyped and overrated are the words I would use to describe this drama as.

Although the storyline is more or less interesting, the cheesy scenes made it hard to finish watching until the end and I lost count of the many times I cringed throughout the episodes.

The acting of some actors also wasn't the best, with a lot of awkward trying to speak in english scenes to top it off.

The main couple annoyed me because of their personalities, the secondary couple was better in my opinion.

So no I don't recommend this drama or do I think it's rewatch worthy.

Secret Garden
Feb 9, 2019
Don't hesitate, just watch this drama.

I'll keep it simple this is a much watch for every drama lover. Everything is iconic, the characters, the scenes, the humor and of course the romance.

The female lead is a strong character who takes no shit from people, and the male lead is a funny asshole whom you'll grow to love. And then there's Oska, I won't spoil it but he's the most iconic side character in every drama.

I can't help but give it a solid 10/10. This is one of my favorite drama's, I've watched it two times and will most likely rewatch it again in the future.

Memories of the Alhambra
Jan 26, 2019
It's not just any show that can keep me interested for the entirety of it, this show did! The plot is original and creative and as a gaming lover I loved the whole concept of the vr game and how they made it look like a game was really being played.

All the actors did a great job especially Hyunbin who carried the show on his shoulders, I already had a crush on him since secret garden and now I admire him even more.

The romance was good, they had good chemistry, and there was just the right amount of it, it wasn't the main focus of the show.

If I'm not mistaken there was only one ost that played during romance scenes and I wished there were more although I did like that one song.

Of course there are aspects that could have been better explained or more detailed like Park Shin Hye's character, or Chanyeol's character, etc, but the show evolved around Jin woo mainly so I understand. The ending could have also been less open ended and more clear but it was good and I personally liked it.

Hwarang
Jan 7, 2019
This drama will always be one my favorites, of course it has its flaws but it's worth it .

The story is the main reason I like it because it's interesting and keeps you wanting to watch more and unveil more of it. It's worth it on itself really.

Another reason is the romance, the leads' romance is a very sweet, heartwarming love story and you will feel it.

Lastly the osts, the osts in this drama are really memorable and you may even want listen to them outside of the drama by adding them to a playlist of yours.

Many people disliked Ah ro because she cried a lot or because she didn't return a certain character's feelings but I liked her, she was funny, cute and kind. She stood her ground saying it was wrong when someone wanted to impose himself on her and even kissed her without her consent. She also turned stronger as the series went on.

There were lots of bromance scenes you may like if that's your thing.

Park seo joon looks really good with long hair and if you liked him in other shows you may like him even more here, his character in this drama is really cool.

Now the things I disliked. There were some scenes such as: picture a scene where a certain number of people are sitting, brooding at the same time, and then it would show each of them and a flashback of what was bothering them one at a time, scenes like this felt unrealistic to me. There were also lots of repeated flashbacks in general.

Also there were other situations where the characters would say what they had said before in a different scene or a character would ignore another when that had happened before too.

Banryu's situation was annoying and his romance with the lady was so out of the blue that I didn't feel it at all or understood it, I found it unnecessary.

Another thing that I found unnecessary was the love triangle, the story could have been much better had it not existed. The two guys could have been great friends the entirety of the show and more scenes of their friendship could have been added.

Lastly I disliked how the writer repeatedly put Ah ro in situations that caused trouble thus contributing to people disliking her, those scenes got annoying.

Despite those things, I overall 100% rec this drama, it's sure to be a good entertaining time to anyone.

Faith
Dec 30, 2018
I finished watching this show a few days ago and I've now gathered my thoughts on it.

Watch this for Lee Min Ho's great character and the other interesting side characters but keep in mind that Kim Hee Sun's character is really annoying for the first 10 episodes, she does get better but you'll probably always a have a love/hate feeling about her the whole show, like I did.

The story was interesting enough to make want to keep watching, I think the main reason for that was the villains and Choi Yeong's story and relationship with the woo dalchi and the king.

The romance part of the show was okay, at first there's not much of it, but in the middle when the lead lady gets her shit together, it develops, although I didn't feel it that much. I liked the few romance scenes between the king and queen, it was really sweet.

The ending was a bit confusing to me at first, but I watched it again and understood it. I thought it would be a bad ending as I had read some reviews but it wasn't, the story was completed well enough.

My complains for this show are the bad camera work (random awkward zooms in and such), the out of the blue romance scenes and Yoo Eun Soo in general, if they had made her more likable, I feel like I would have enjoyed this show more.

But overall I would recommend watching this show because the story is good and the bad parts can be tolerated.

Oh My Venus
Dec 11, 2018
Watch this for the beautiful well portrayed romance, but if you're looking for an intricate plot you won't find that, the main point of the show is the couple and their explosive chemistry (they're such an otp!).

This is a well executed romcom with some sad parts but nothing too depressing.

I liked how the show promoted being healthy and the most important beauty is the beauty of being healthy inside.

There was a lot of enjoyable romance scenes which were not too cheesy or cringy. There was no annoying love triangle.

The side couple may seem like bad people at first but you'll like them at the end.

The relationship between the three guys was really cute and bromantic.

There were some things I didn't like of course, like when she found out that he was a chaebol and got mad at him for no comprehensive reason or how he didn't want to see her or communicate with her the whole year he was in the hospital and getting treatment, also the last episode was kinda weird and the ending felt a bit rushed but I could overlook that and enjoy the overall show.

Terius Behind Me
Dec 10, 2018
I finished watching this show back when it ended airing. Since I created an account here recently I thought i'd share my thoughts on this show.

This show was very interesting, it kept me excited for the next week to come to watch a new episode. I liked all the characters but ae rin not so much, although she kinda grew on me as the episodes went on, I didn't like her that much because she was dumb and nosy at times, which was sorta annoying. I actually liked the other lady with the short hair (I forgot her name) more. I liked how that lady liked Kim bon but never imposed herself on him. Also she was cute and I liked her with ra do woon (I think that was his name).

Kim bon was absolutely adorable with the twins, I was always looking forward to their scenes together.

The plot was engaging but some parts were kinda predictable such as who was the real villain.

The thing I was dissatisfied with was that the romance was minimal which was one of the things that kept me looking forward to see a new episode every week. I wanted to see the progress of their romance, it was going well but then it didn't go all the way...that was disappointing to be honest.

Well despite that, it's overall a good show and I recommend it. If you expect a lot of romance don't. But if you don't mind the lack of romance go ahead.

Secret
Dec 8, 2018
I just finished watching this show here's my opinion.

The story got me hooked from the start to the end, it was heartbreaking and I cried almost all episodes.

The characters were all so well acted. I've never hated a character in a drama more than I hated dohun and I felt yujong's pain so deeply, that only means the actors did their job perfectly.

I loved the ending it was satisfying, the only thing I could complain about is that I kinda wish yujong could have her son with her although I understood her decision. Hopefully in the future when the kid grows up he will understand and consider her his mother.

As for the romance between minhyuk and yujong in the beginning I couldn't imagine how they would go from deep hate (in minhyuk's case) to love but then the show made it work and it was worth it, I just wish there were more scenes of their love, I felt like with a few more episodes it could have been better on that part.

As for the osts I loved them and I added all the songs except the instrumentals to my playlist.

I choose only one star for the rewatch value only because the show is so sad and I won't be watching it again.

You Who Came from the Stars
Dec 31, 2018
(This contains spoilers but they're inside asterisks, so you're safe.)

I feel like this is one of those overrated shows.

Honestly, the story wasn't very interesting and some parts were kind absurd.

In my opinion, the leads had minimal chemistry, and I didn't like the male lead at all, I felt like he was unnecessarily rude to her at times and it bothered me that he was so cold all the time.

As for the female lead, I felt like she was the savior of this show, although, some situations were kinda pitiful and I hoped she was a stronger character.

The side characters didn't interest me that much and I didn't like them. It was bothering that (spoiler inside asterisks) *the second male lead imposed himself on the female lead the whole show and never got over her until the end*.

The ending was another thing why I didn't like this show and the main reason for it. The crucial question about the male lead wasn't answered. (spoiler ahead) *how the male lead got to and from his planet since he couldn't do that for all those centuries, how did he do that all of a sudden at random times at the end and why was he dying on earth* Also their situation at the end ended up not being an ideal one (spoiler) *he kept going back to his planet out of the blue leaving her alone and coming back whenever*

So nope I would not recommend watching this one.

I’m Not a Robot
Feb 6, 2019
This is a drama that positively surprised me as it progressed. The first few episodes were hard to watch because of the absurd situations and the naivety of the male lead character, but the story took a turn in a good direction.

The romance is the fluffiest thing in the world and the couple has good chemistry, they look really cute together.

I hadn't watched a drama with Yoo Seung Ho before but I've developed a crush on him watching this it seems, he's such a good actor who portrays emotions really well. Chae Soo Bin is also a great actress and this is the second drama I watched of hers.

At first I didn't think I'd like the santa maria team but it turns out I liked them, they are interesting characters that you can't help liking.

The only negative thing I could point out is how some scenes are kinda childish in my opinion.

Overall, yes, I recommend giving this drama a chance even if you don't like those first episodes I mentioned before, because it gets better and it's worth it.

Boys Over Flowers
Dec 8, 2018
I gotta say at first i started watching this kinda of as a joke but then i started loving it, ofc there were some things that were absurd and things i didn't like, such as jiyu never getting over jandi till the end even after having been rejected lots of times by her, the fact that the show focused a lot on jiyu and jandi's relationship, i feel there could have been more jandi and junpyo scenes although the ones there were, were good and they made up for it, also gaeul and jiyung's story when it came on i always felt like skiping those parts although i guess they were cute, i felt like gaeul was jiyung's second choice because he couldn't be with the other lady.

The osts were a+ there was a scene that made me cry like a baby while a beautiful sad OST was playing, I loved that.

Overall it's good, iconic, must watch show and I 100% rec it , it was entertaining and I felt like it was worth my time.