Flipped (2018) poster

purtysunshine
Jan 27, 2019
It started out AWESOME. I was super addicted. I'm a big fan of this genre, especially when it's done well and I felt like a lot of that was there at first: the story was interesting, there was a lot of chemistry between the leads (and holy molly those kisses....), the cinematography was pleasant to look at....

But that all quickly went downhill when the Big Misunderstanding that plagues many dramas hit and not only was it really not executed well, but suddenly everything just kind of fell apart. The writing was mediocre at best, the acting was cringe-worthy, the story was less than exciting, and I really did not care much for the leads anymore. Such a pity! There were still a few shining moments in the later episodes that tried to bring back a little of that initial charm this drama had but overall: I was over it.

I was also not a fan of the ending. It was a really frustrating and confusing last episode that did not leave me satisfied at all. The very end itself was awkward and didn't make sense. Whatever.

I can't completely say it isn't worth a watch, since as mentioned before the first half was really, really good. It might also be a little better if you can just binge your way through it in it's entirety without having to break for new episodes later on as I did. *insert shrugging emoji here*

Paulina
Jan 25, 2019
It's kinda refreshing, I personally like Shuang-shuang's personality in this drama.

For the plot, overall it's quiet nice. But, I think the antagonist character need to be more evil. No major plot twist in this drama, so not enough excitement. But for romance enthusiast like me, this drama is awesome, because a lot of kiss scene (hehe). I like how they really focus to the story of MC, not really pushing the supporting role one (especially the ending). Because this can be categorized as square-typed love? HAHAH.

For the music, i feel like there are no variant of music in this drama. Because, I usually listen to drama OST, but for this one only the ending song sounds good. But, if you're someone who dont focus much on music, then skip this one.

If I have much free time and need to fulfill my thirst for romance thingy, I'll surely rewatch this drama.

Alipeeps
Mar 25, 2019
I really liked the premise of this show and the idea of the Gifted and the Healers... unfortunately the show did almost nothing with that storyline and in the end just kinda dropped it entirely in favour of... pretty much random nonsense?! The show started off okay-ish and I kinda liked the growing relationship between Qi Xun and Shuang Shuang but tbh the ONLY likeable character in the show is Gao Hanyu's Qi Xun (Shuang Shuang could be okay at times but a lot of the time she was kinda annoying too). The whole storyline with Qi Tuan and Kun Lan was just creepy AF and tbh there were a LOT of questionable tropes in this show with people generally completely disregarding other people's consent/express wishes. The whole thing derailed completely in the last couple of episodes, to the extent that in the last episode I was hard pressed to make much sense of what was happening or even how much time was supposed to have passed and the decisions most of the characters made were just so completely bizarre and unrealistic that I spent most of the time going WTF?!! And then the last scene.... was just pure WTF. Just utterly random, nonsensical, unexplained, and having absolutely no relevance to the previous 99.9% of the show. Bizarre!

Miss Lee
Feb 13, 2019
The beginning was promising. I had great hopes when it comes to this series. Unfortunately I'm disappointed.
Acting was too exaggerated for me. All the events were happening too quickly and the episodes were too short in my opinion. Although from the beginning we had some romantic relations between the two main characters, I wasn't convinced about their feelings until the very end.
As far as the theme of the main character's sister is concerned, just as it started unexpectedly, it also ended unexpectedly.And the whole main story is not well explained either. Although we have a little mentioned what it's all about, for me it's definitely not enough.I always try to find as many positive sides of each series as possible, but in this case there are too many shortcomings for my opinion to be positive. I'm sorry, but I didn't like this series.

Misa Ú Chàn
Feb 19, 2019
Ahm its a very good story but... personally i dont really like shuang shuang that much... Its just that she is so clingy and head over heels inlove with the MC ... To the point that she is always in dazed thinking about him ... there are some points that i lost the interest in finishing this drama and honestly i forward some scenes because the girl is so predictable... but i still finish it for the sake of the whole story ... :) well this man is so handsome ???????????????????????????? the characters are all good ... Well the antagonist is not that evil ... Well i prepare it that way ????????well i started liking this drama at the first half of the story i think but as the drama went on i started feeling bored and it seems like there is Nothing 'new' in the drama but these is just my thought :)

Yo0osammy
Apr 26, 2019
This show wasn't too bad at all, the romance was A1, the brother and sister relationship was A1 and the friends were all A1, so not terrible at all. But the story I didn't really care for; even though it was interesting for the most part like the beginning was cool and the concept was interesting as well; it literally was like watching a live action anime, with a little twist of thai lakorn. This show was good, the ending, made me tear up, don't let people turn you off from the show because they have the highest of sensitive emotions, even though myself included. The main characters are fantastic and cute and just fluff. The sister was adorable. The concept of not being supernatural per say is there which is interesting as well. All around this show is interesting; I think it would be dope if there is a 2nd season so that people get that closure or exposure, I used this show as a filler though so it wasn't too terrible.

Maliske2003
Mar 12, 2019
The show was pretty good. I loved the actors acting and chemistry together. I will say that when the drama started happening in the show, it slightly went down hill. The ending was also a weird ending. It’s kind of an ending making you want more to rap it up better. I will say that the last episode was slightly a jumbled mess, but other than that this show was really good!

Some of my favorite scenes in this show are when the actors act like an actual couple. I love how the show has the main story line but than also, the romance off to the side.

I was hoping that Shaung Shaung would have actually used her powers on Qi Tian. I was wanting it to be like Qi Tian services with the help of Shaun Shaung’s powers and something happens to her that she some how survives or something.

Overall, I really like this show and it’s a must watch!

elliewashere2
Jun 21, 2019
This is my first review..so hopefully, it won't be too awful. Like many, I started this drama with the wow factor.

1. the scenery is spectacular. I love the buildings and the beauty and atmosphere of this drama. Even the rooms drew in a certain beauty of the characters, about where they lived and how they worked and felt.
2. such beautiful people in a modern world with still such ancient roots. This carries through the story of their beliefs and how they come to be...but is it something they have to keep on doing forever that keeps them from their true freedom?

As the story went on, I wished there would have been more back story sooner instead of later. Unfortunately, this is a drama full of random things that wastes the story. Of course, I like to look back on this as a factor in real life. Yes, life happens. Still, I felt the characters were a bit immature at times. Even during confessions, they mislead the other characters...as if it all were a joke. After a while, you might come to believe this about the drama, as well.

But as I think about it, I see that someone with supernatural abilities doesn't mean life will be perfect. If you stick with the drama long enough, you'll see all sorts of quotes you might want to jot down. So try not to give up on this one, even if you might find it a mess, at times.

Of course, some might find yourself shaking your head. "Why? WHY?" you might find yourself shouting at the screen. Or maybe not.

I guess I wanted the bad guy to be really bad but..you'll have to find out, how he really is. And when they bring up reincarnation, you'll just have to wait and see what that exactly means. So if you've got the nerve to want to see how it ends, you might find more life lessons than you bargained for. Then again, you have to think on this one and you might find the real beauty of it.

Lemony Green
Mar 15, 2019
The start was nice, really satisfying. The elements of fantasy was nice. And then... It got complicated (like all drama series). The characters' "abilities" became a little overbearing, they unnecessarily made the relationships more complex than they needed to be. And I totally couldn't get the ending. I did not quite understand what happened there.
Pros:
-A lot of kissing scenes and couple moments.
-There's tolerable drama up until the middle of the series.

I do not really recommend it.
Bali
May 10, 2019
This is a great fantasy romance drama! Although the drama’s background story focuses on the supernatural nature of the characters, the main plot is the lead couple’s love story and the circumstantial concept of life and death. The cast did a great job bringing these characters to life, but the lead couple is really impressive. Gao Han Yu (as Qi Xun) and Charlene Chen (as Shuang Shuang) had one of the best and most natural chemistry. Every moment that they were on camera together was mesmerizing! Their love story is intense, tender, passionate, fun, and ethereal.
SPOILER***
The end is not confusing! In Qi Tian’s diary one can see that her brother was the most important person in her life and she always felt sorry and indebted to him. Since Qi Xun and Shuang Shuang felt that, regardless of how much they loved each other, they could not be happy without Qi Tian, Shi Lang and Kun Lan created a perfect lie to make Qi Tian’s dream a reality, which it was to see her brother and Shuang Shuang together and happy.

Drama Lover
Feb 4, 2019
The story is plain and does not have many twists. The only thing which made me to continue to watch this drama is the because of cute couples.
The first part of the drama is very good, the second part is not that great. We can easily guess the story line. Even their is a twist in second half which is not great.
I recommend this drama to the people, who wants to complete it in one day and need to see some romantic and cute moments.
I like the main cast and their acting. If they increased the heroine role in the second half of the drama, it will be great.

Sabbir Shuvo
Feb 4, 2019
Here go my 3+3=6 reasons why you shouldn't and/or should watch this drama :
Why shouldn't you watch :
1. Is this what you call an ending, this much VAGUE! ???? It's like watering a plant to grow, taking care and then cut it off when It's old...And what about that very last scene, where does the male lead come from in a totally new avatar? Is it a hint that there'll be a second season?
2. The plot holes were too much visible to be ignored...the drama started well but then.......there were some hasty episodes where things suddenly happened without any proper explanations of "WHY"?
3. I thoroughly hated the female lead to be cast as the lead female character...Let her learn some acting for god sake! Why does she unnecessarily smile when she's delivering a serious speech?! I mean seriously! What if we had Qi Tian as Shuang Shuang in the female lead, she'd have killed it..Trust me! ????

Why should you watch :
1. Too many passionate kissing scenes between leads which were too hard not to enjoy.
2. The on-screen chemistry between two lead. You'll feel like they ain't acting in a drama rather they are a real-life couple.
3. Qi Tian cuz this girl acted so brilliantly that I wish she'd be the female lead! Hope to see her in future projects.

Finally, I didn't enjoy the drama that much I thought I would be...But glad that the running time (30 minutes) of each episode is less than usual C-Dramas (45 minutes) & it does contain only 24 episodes...So here you go cuz the decision is yours. Merci ?