Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung

Rollito Deprimavera
Aug 16, 2019
I'm loving this drama to bits. Everything about it is good: the story, the cinematography, the cast...
The story and its characters are quite original (this is historical fantasy after all), but all of them blend together very well and you will be immersed in their world in no time. The female lead is an icon for strength and independence, and the male lead is sweet and soft but has also shown that he has a lot of potential as a king (if we add how handsome is CEW, you have the perfect combination for swooning non-stop over the prince)...they are super-cute and will make your heart flutter with their scenes together.
I also love that there are strong bromances and sismance going on. This drama is full of adorable and righteous characters and you will be rooting for all of them in no time. Fortunately the bad guys are minority and I expect they will be overruled soon.
It's also nice that apart from all the romance, fluff and comedy, the drama is tackling more serious topics, like science, education, politics and even the anti-vaccine movement. I find it very entertaining and a perfect summer watch. :)

Rabbitann
Jul 31, 2019
I barely watched korean drama since scarlet heart ryeo who really turn me into a crybaby and made my heart broken.

I happen to watched Rookie because of this handsome evil cha eun woo I find him very talented and so goo hae ryung. Imagined my peaceful life until I encounter again this drama rookie made me crazy again.

The story is very interesting I can't wait for episode 6 and more. Unfortunately, episode 5 gave me goosebumps they goo hae ryung and cha eun woo specially the last part really made me cried.

I dunno if i can still sleep i really have an heart ache. Excellent no wonder this drama can get thr highest rating. Very interesting story and each character. Can't wait for more . Keep visiting on midnight if there's an update.

elle
Jul 22, 2019
I was a bit apprehensive to watch this because I've heard the buzz about cha eunwoo's "bad" acting skills. I can honestly say that those who criticized his skills don't have a good grasp of the character he plays (yet). The reason why I like this drama (so far) is because of the two leads. It's very rare to see a strong-willed and fearless female lead (especially in historical dramas) and it honestly gives me mulan-esque vibes. On the other hand, I find eunwoo's character also very unique, as you don't see "meek" or "soft" princes that often in historical dramas.

Overall, the story has really captivated me and I can't wait to see how the plot unfolds.