Another Parting (2014) poster

• Tags: Miniseries, Web Series, Alien
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

Clemi-chan
Feb 25, 2014
I don't know how to start. This mini drama was very surprising. I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that it was so short, and some things were a little bit unclear (plus, there are not a lot of dialogs).

But yet, it was really good!! The story is somehow sad, but really beautiful. Seo In Guk and Wang Ji Won were awesome, portraying a couple who just met, but somehow feel related. Seo in Guk appears to be a very good and apparently lost but adorable alien, who wants to find out what tears are.

In addition, the music is really beautiful. There are, as I said, not a lot of dialogs between the characters, but there is music almost all the time, and it conveys amazingly well the atmosphere and the feelings of the characters.

So in the end, I advise you to watch this, you will be surprised! It is beautiful, and you can't say it's a waste of time, as it is only 50minutes overall!!

maymaymaymay
Mar 10, 2014
In a word, "Another Parting" was weird. A good type of weird, but still weird. In fact, that's pretty much the only way I can describe "Another Parting".
Story: I felt like this could have been longer- if there was more plot and back-story involved "Another Parting" could have definitely been a normal 16 episode drama. AP felt too short and choppy- there wasn't enough reasoning behind certain events and actions, and it felt like I was being jerked around. The overall effect was entertaining, but the whole thing gave me whiplash. The story itself was original and new, with surprising bits of comic relief thrown in.
Acting: No surprises as far as Seo In Guk was concerned- I already knew he could act. I've never seen Wang Ji Won before, but she had nice chemistry with him and carried her character well. The other characters had so little screen time they were practically nonexistent, so I don't think I need to comment there.
Music: Since this drama was less than an hour long, total, the music wasn't really a huge part of it. I can vaguely recall some ballads, but that's about all I can remember.
Rewatch Value: As of now, I don't really have much reason to, but I definitely do want to skim over it again in the future.
Overall: A bit strange and choppy, but still interesting enough. I'd recommend "Another Parting" if you have some spare time or really love the cast.

jonssister
Feb 25, 2014
I'm not really sure how to rate this. I liked it, but the story was really lacking. It just didn't feel like there was really enough time to get the story going. There were so many things that needed more added to them. Overall I think it went well to do an internet drama for the first time. I would like to see someone else attempt to try another one. Casting was good. This had better acting than in some of the bigger budget dramas I've watched. I'm not sure I'm going to watch this again. It was ok, but I don't think it was that good.
Chrisstina
Feb 25, 2014
It was really suprising good mini drama. One thing that I didn't like was that it was too short. It would be better if they made it into a movie. Some things is not clear to me,but it's bearable keke :3

The story is sad and beautiful at the same time. Seo In Guk really, I mean really can act and his beautiful smile,ah... ^^ Wang Ji Won did a pretty good acting. They somehow met in a most desperate time for both. He's an lost alien who wants to see and find out what tears are for humans.

Music fits the drama, and since there were not much dialogue, music potrayed the feelings.

Watch it, you want regret it 50 minutes of your life ^^

hiphop123
Aug 13, 2014
I watched this on youtube while I was waiting for the next episodes of I Need Romance 3 & boy, I am glad that I watched this drama.

The story was really different from other melodramas I have seen in a while. A somewhat orginally story with some cliches done right. It made me cry so much & also made me happy when they were falling for each other. There were a couple of funny moments, but it's mostly a serious, dark & heart-wretching drama.

I have seen the main lead in I Need Romance 3 & she can act. Her characters are totally different in both shows. I have seen Seo In Guk in Master's Sun, Reply 1997, the K-Will's music video(Please Don't) & Love Rain so I have seen he is a great actor.

I loved the music in the drama. It set the tone of this drama well. I loved the song the female lead sang(I can't find the name of it(I think it was)). I think it was the only vocal song there was mostly in the last 2 episodes it plays. It was sad, beautiful and had powerful lyrics.

The rewatching value is lower than anything else is because it's so sad, but I would rewatch it for the interactions of the characters, the character development & the music.

Overall, I recommend it to people who are fans of Seo In Guk & the lead actress. Or if you want to watch a mini drama. But prepare the tissues, I think you will use a lot of them in this drama.

Natalia
Jan 27, 2015
Well, that was weird but in a good way. The story was good, I would had give it a higher ranting but everything happens in one day and I don't like rushed stories but even so it was a good 50 min.
The cast was absolutely amazing, both main actor deserves a whole 20's episode drama.
So if you don't mind a good story maybe a little rushed with great actors, great music and really short, my advice is ''watch it!''.
Its a good spend hour.
verdaisy3
Apr 23, 2016
It was a nice drama to spend 50 minutes with.
The story was cute, an alien has a mission to find out what human tears are, while the main girl is in a difficult situation in her life, so the 2 of them met.
It was nice to begin with, but it was too short, and many many things were left unclear. I know, it was only 1 day, it was only 50 minutes, but it felt rushed as hell.
Also, it was kind of confusing...
The acting was good, both leads were nice to watch.
I really enjoyed the music at the end, it was very nice! <3
About the rewatch value, I don't know if I will ever rewatch it. Perhaps not, it was that kind of drama that I will most likely forget about in a few days.
Overall, I gave it a 6. If you are bored and want to watch something very short, you should give it a try. The 50 minutes are filled with action, you won't get bored watching it!

metrikfire
Mar 1, 2019
Honestly, the plot is nothing to write home about. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it in spite of some really janky narrative setting primarily because SEO IN GUK. Also, it was beautifully moody and atmospheric. It seemed like a really good case study in how to build a movie on a feeling of two strangers connecting for a really brief moment. It had a little of French movies about strangers sharing a suspended blip in time and a little bit of Noiresque enigma. It's great if you want to turn your brain off and just enjoy something that has a mysterious mood.
OhSoEnthusiastic
May 21, 2016
Super short review coming through! Very interesting and creative with stellar acting and cinematography, but the story never gripped me. May have been too short to accomplish everything it wanted to.

(If I rewatched dramas, I wouldn't rewatch this one.)