Herb (2007) poster

Watched 2017
Asian Movies Oscar

TPixie_12
Feb 18, 2012
This drama is about a 20 year old woman with the mental capacity of a 7 year old. She ends up bumping into a guy who she falls in love with and thinks is her prince charming. The guy thinks she is cute and in the beginning fails to notice that she is mentally slow.

This story is very original with the main characters' relationship as only a part of the much bigger story. First and foremost it's a coming of age drama about a woman who is a self proclaim late bloomer.

This movie is great to watch and I highly recommend it if someone wants to watch a good story without devoting hours to a long drama. Overall I give this movie an 8 and I will defiantly re-watch.

OhSoEnthusiastic
Nov 4, 2018
This movie is really sweet. It treats mental disability kindly and thoughtfully, creating a character who is more than 'disabled' but a fully interesting human being with talents and gifts, a person worth getting to know.

I was disappointed that she couldn't be with the guy in the end, because I would love to see more stories about those with disabilities living average, normal lives like those of us without disabilities (because it's a real thing that's possible, folks), but I'm doing my best to temper those feelings with the knowledge that it was more realistic and honest for her not to in this particular story. And even without romance, she still goes on to find her own independence in a way that is best for her.

This will make you cry a few times, as there are a few sad things that happen, but it will ultimately leave you feeling hopeful and happy, because the female lead is living a good life doing good things. This is a good movie, and I suggest giving it a viewing.