This is an update for the previously created stalker guide for Takuya Kimura which you can find here. It was a guide created 5-6 years ago, and I believe it needed to be updated as a lot has already happened with Kimura Takuya 's career since then.
I've read lots of blogs, articles (news and/or editorials) about him, I also watched tons of videos about him and with him since I found out about him. A friend of mine who lives in Japan introduced Long Vacation to me and, as they say, the rest is history. You probably would notice that the articles I have written so far are all about him. Please, humor me and still read them.
Slum Note Information
Nick Name: Kimutaku, Captain, Tak-kun, Takuya (Internet people fondly calls him KimuTaku but I read somewhere, can't remember where though, that he actually doesn't like to be called that way and that he prefers to be called by his real name)
Occupation: Singer (Musician), Actor, TV Host, Radio DJ (What's Up SMAP?)
Hobbies: Surfing, photography, drawing, playing guitar
Favorite Alcoholic Drink: wine, champagne and bourbon
Social Media Account: None that I am aware of (If you know his Soc Med account, please do comment it down or send me a message)
- Clubs he joined: kendo , gymnastics and basketball club
- Pet(s): Dog/s
- He hates: Being late.
- He doesn't eat: Oysters *
- Favorite Season: Summer
- Favorite Foreign Drama: House MD *
* - Article came out in 2010
Takuya is a huge ONE PIECE fan. (ref.)
Here's a video showing how obsessed he is, of course, it is scripted, but he admitted in an interview that he really is a One Piece fan.
Here, you'd see him performing "We Are" with the original singer.
He was the character reference for the manga Hanazawa Rui of Hana Yori Dango and Soichiro Arima of Kare Kano.
He also voiced Hanazawa Rui in Hana Yori Dango CD in 1994.
He also voiced Howl of Howl's moving castle and he finished dubbing in just 3 hours.
He also voiced all the members of Crayon Shin-chan's family in a guesting stint. (ref.)
He is an excellent cook and makes good cocktails.
Takuya became a qualified hairdresser after Beautiful Life in 2000.
He has also performed on stage with Jon Bon Jovi.
He also had a commercial with Beyonce.
Most Recent and Upcoming TV Series and Movie/s
He played Manji, a samurai cursed to be immortal. This movie is an adaptation of the manga and anime of the same name. Here he played a character of a complete contrast of his usual cool and handsome character. He did a very well portrayal of Manji.
His character this time is a prosecutor. He will play the character of a Young Public Prosecutor, Okino Keiichiro, assigned to the department of Tokyo Public Prosecutors Office which deals with violent cases.
In this movie, Takuya Kimura will play as Detective Kosuke Nitta, who went undercover at the front desk of Hotel Koruteshia Tokyo after three murder cases took place in Tokyo.
Captain Takuya will play Shimazaki Akira who lives with his middle school student son. He used to work as a bodyguard, but, due to an incident, he now works as a security guard at a construction site. Hiding his past as a bodyguard, Akira Shimazaki begins work as a novice bodyguard in the new bodyguard division of the company he works for.
Takuya was born in Tokyo, Japan. He lived in Minoo, Osaka Prefecture until he was six years old and later moved to Chiba for school. Achieved runner-up in the Youth Kendo Tournament of Chiba Prefecture in the individual competition and helped his team to win the championship He began fishing at the age of two. He was a champion in the Youth Fishing Competition of Chiba Prefecture.
Takuya married singer-idol Shizuka Kudo on December 5, 2000. They have two daughters, Kokomi (心美), born on May 1, 2001, and Mitsuki (光希), born on February 5, 2003. And they have been married for 17 years now.
I will not be listing his movie and dramas as it is already listed in his MDL profile. Instead, here is the list of his theatrical involvement in his early career:
1999 - Modoken
1991 - Saint Seiya - Kaio Poseidon / Julian Solo (Main Role)
1992 - Dragon Quest (Main Role)
- Hanakage no Hana
1993 - Another (Main Role)
1994 - Shareo-Tachi
Non-Acting Related Awards
I would want to list all his awards and achievements pertaining to his acting career but he has a very long list under his name so I'd rather list down the awards that are non-acting related. They are a bit shorter. Though if you really want to see his achievements, you can visit awards list here.
- He holds the top four spots for most watched Japanese non-national TV series of all time.
- Has been crowned Japan's most popular man for an incredible 14th straight year, constantly breaking the record held by himself and will not be included from next year. This most famous and influential annual survey called "Favorite Man" has been carried out by An-an magazine since 1988. (2007)
- Has been named "CM King" for the 9th time by "Japan's Best Advertisements White Book" in succession for eight years since 1997. The annual research is conducted by CM Databank, the leading expert in the field. See Commercials for more details. (2006)
- Voted by Japanese men "True Man" of all time in a male survey co-conducted by DIMSDRIVE Research and the rather popular trend-watching magazine DIME. (2007)
- Ranked 4th behind Suzuki Ichiro (baseball megastar), Watanabe Ken (The Last Samurai) and director Kitano Takeshi in Oricon's "The Pride of Japan", a survey in which 2,000 people were asked which Japanese celebrity brings the greatest pride to the nation on an international scale. (Jun. 2007)
- Ranked 5th, behind four sports megastars in Asahi Shimbun newspaper's national survey "Whose Lifestyle You Appreciate the Most in Your Generation". (Jan. 5, 2007)
- Named People (USA) magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive 2006" in the category "International Male: Hot around the World". (2006)
- Ranked 1st in "Japan's Artists Popular in S.Korea" upon Macromill, Inc's artist image survey in Korea, South. (Dec. 14, 2005)
- Named "The Most Popular Japanese Male Celebrity in China" by Video Research's Survey "Celebrities Images in China". (Apr. 8, 2005)
- Chosen by Nikkei Entertainment magazine as one of "Top 100 Powerful People in Japan". (2005)
- Voted #1 in Playboy (Japan) magazine's annual "The Person I Most Want to be Intimate With" poll, the second of two successive years since 2004. (Apr. 2005)
- Won "Best Jeanist Award" for the first of five successive times. The Non-existent Jeans Hall of Fame was created by the organizers and placed him in it so that other men might have a chance. (Nov. 8, 1994)
Takuya was a part of the disbanded group SMAP. During the whole run of the group, which is roughly 26 years, they have released lots of albums and singles.
Listed below are the some of the songs he sang, solo, that are included in their albums.
- Special (Sample Bang 2005)
- HA (Compilation La Festa)
- Easy Go Lucky (MIJ 2003)
- Zutto Zutto
- Style (S.M.A.P 2008)
- La + Love & Peace
Linked are videos to his live performance for the specific song.
- Kai-Ho-Ku (April 24, 2003) ISBN 978-4087803778
- Kai-Ho-Ku 2 (September 30, 2011) ISBN 978-4087806137
- Takuya Kimura (1996) ISBN 978-4533026430
- Percentage (November 11, 2006) ISBN 978-4838717262
- Takuya Kimura x Men's Non-No Endless (September 30, 2011) ISBN 978-4087806144
Here are a few images from a 2018 desk calendar created by Yuta on Twitter.
If you want to download it as well, here is the link.
Previous Takuya Kimura Articles: