Hi there, 

I feel kinda confused. 

Yesterday I finished 609 bedtime story, but I still can't get one thing about the first 2 episodes! 

In the first episode, Dew got shot; in the second one, when Mum came back in the parallel universe, Dew is alive BUT his shirt is blood stained. 

I think I might miss a piece of the puzzle, 'cause even if I finished watching the show I still don't get why Dew has this blood stain. 

I also thought maybe, since time is running backwards for Dew in room 609, he's still not dead 'cause the previous day he was obviously alive, but then why the blood stained shirt? Every time Mum go to sleep he wakes up in the room with the same clothing he was wearing before sleeping, so I can't understand why for Dew is different (?).

Can anyone help me figure this out? 

Thank you so much!

The blood on Dew's shirt is Mint's. Mint gets into a car accident and dies in front of Dew.
That's why Mum (of this world) blames Dew for Mint's death, and the next day, he goes to Room 609 and shoots Dew.

godblesstheworld:

The blood on Dew's shirt is Mint's. Mint gets into a car accident and dies in front of Dew.
That's why Mum (of this world) blames Dew for Mint's death, and the next day, he goes to Room 609 and shoots Dew.

Thank you for your answer! I thought it was the blood from the shooting! 

Aurin88:

Hi there, 

I feel kinda confused. 

Yesterday I finished 609 bedtime story, but I still can't get one thing about the first 2 episodes! 

In the first episode, Dew got shot; in the second one, when Mum came back in the parallel universe, Dew is alive BUT his shirt is blood stained. 

I think I might miss a piece of the puzzle, 'cause even if I finished watching the show I still don't get why Dew has this blood stain. 

I also thought maybe, since time is running backwards for Dew in room 609, he's still not dead 'cause the previous day he was obviously alive, but then why the blood stained shirt? Every time Mum go to sleep he wakes up in the room with the same clothing he was wearing before sleeping, so I can't understand why for Dew is different (?).

Can anyone help me figure this out? 

Thank you so much!

I also want to add that for some reason, it is Mum that always goes to Dew's world and never the opposite.  Every time they meet, it is in the 609 room where Dew originally is in. We can see this from the interior design and stuff around the room. I wonder if this has any significance. My theory is maybe this signifies that Mum falls for Dew harder and misses him more.

In fact, if you've read the novel, you'll know that Mum is the main character and the story revolves around him. His life in his original universe with his sister, his friends, his strange journey to another universe and meeting with Dew, his life after returning from that journey....

Dew is just a supporting characters who is described in the last few chapters to clarify the story. When it was turned into a series, although the script writer tried hard to add details to Dew's story, it still lacked logic and made no sense in many ways, especially the fact that Dew didn't do anything despite knowing who would kill him, where to kill and why to kill.... in advance :-)