I'm watching quite a few.

death march

i liked the start. quite exciting and i like these sort of fantasies. see where it will go.

Gintama Shiorgane 

- to be honest. this seems like another serious arc. I've always found Gintama to be best when its just pointless and funny. The previous serious arc I didnt like either.

Kokkoku

- interesting. i like the idea of freeezing time and moving through it. the art is also quite interesting. hope it turns out well.

Nanatsu no taizai

i havent started yet but hopefully its relaxing and fun

overlord II

the first arc im a little puzzled with (lizards etc). not sure whats going on yet but still nice to be back into the world of overlord

violet evergarden

the art is really nice. the story seems okay.

a lttiel disappointed with the main character tho because she feels too "clean and polished" to have been in the war all her life. 

still watching

black clover

one piece

detective conan 

any recs? what else is good?

I only care about detective conan, is it anywhere close to ending?

Jay:

I only care about detective conan, is it anywhere close to ending?

No. hope not!

bannie:

No. hope not!

I love the nostalgia but at some point they gotta move on. The funny thing is, if we assume a crime/case occurs every day for conan to solve, which is already unrealistic, then at least more than 3 years worth of days have passed, 1-2 years if you subtract fillers. How the hell is conan still the same age and nothing has "seemingly" changed.

I was able to survive up until episode 600s or 700s, but it seems like the author is just trying to avoid change, just to preserve the nostalgia. Every time something big is about to change which may affect every future episode as we know it, everything falls back into place/conveniently goes back to normal.

Still love the show though, but at this point I'm just waiting it to finish so I can resume.

Jay:

I love the nostalgia but at some point they gotta move on. The funny thing is, if we assume a crime/case occurs every day for conan to solve, which is already unrealistic, then at least more than 3 years worth of days have passed, 1-2 years if you subtract fillers. How the hell is conan still the same age and nothing has "seemingly" changed.

I was able to survive up until episode 600s or 700s, but it seems like the author is just trying to avoid change, just to preserve the nostalgia. Every time something big is about to change which may affect every future episode as we know it, everything falls back into place/conveniently goes back to normal.

Still love the show though, but at this point I'm just waiting it to finish so I can resume.

At least for me and I think most Detective Conan fans we already recognize that time does not move in that world. That question probably came to you at around 100 episodes in. lol. And people that had significant issues with it probably would have quit. 

I think this is the same with mystery/detective genres where the mystery is more important than the spatial temporal progression.

The arcs are still progressing though. I think close to 900 now. As much as I want to get to the end, I enjoy the standalone mysteries more than enough to accept the slow paced arcs. Compared to plot intensive animes like naruto, these mysteries are usually interesting and I dont get turned off and feel like they are fillers.

i only follow the anime. so maybe the manga has ended or will end soon. regardless i read the ending has already been written its just when we will get to it. even if gosho aoyama dies we will be fine.

(if u read the manga. dont spoiler me!!! haha)

bannie:
I think this is the same with mystery/detective genres where the mystery is more important than the spatial temporal progression.

Did I mention the seasons have cycled through at least hundreds of times.

Anyways, detective conan does have plot intensive episodes, especially the ones involving black organization, but as I said, the story is change-averse, every time a major event occurs that may alter the state of the characters, the change gets counteract by some plot device or something crazy.

Ever since I watched the ova "Stranger from 10 years Later" (beware, very sad), I've had this desire to see change in detective conan, of course I wouldn't want that outcome but man would it be so cool if things changed for once.

Jay:

Did I mention the seasons have cycled through at least hundreds of times.

Anyways, detective conan does have plot intensive episodes, especially the ones involving black organization, but as I said, the story is change-averse, every time a major event occurs that may alter the state of the characters, the change gets counteract by some plot device or something crazy.

Ever since I watched the ova "Stranger from 10 years Later" (beware, very sad), I've had this desire to see change in detective conan, of course I wouldn't want that outcome but man would it be so cool if things changed for once.

ahaha its going to take a long time to change. detective conan arcs are like 80 episodes long. 

yeah i watched that ova. really good! 

this is all the detective conan i have watched. lol we have deviated from the topic of winter 2018 anime lol

1. Detective Conan (882+ eps, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Movie 01: The Timed Skyscraper (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Movie 02: The Fourteenth Target (1 ep, rated with 9)
    Detective Conan Movie 03: The Last Wizard of the Century (1 ep, rated with 9)
    Detective Conan Movie 04: Captured in Her Eyes (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Movie 05: Countdown to Heaven (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Movie 06: The Phantom of Baker Street (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Movie 07: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 08: Magician of the Silver Sky (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan OVA 06: Follow the Vanished Diamond! Conan & Heiji vs. Kid! (1 ep, rated with 7)
    Detective Conan OVA 01: Conan vs. Kid vs. Yaiba (1 ep, rated with 7)
    Detective Conan Movie 09: Strategy Above the Depths (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Movie 10: Requiem of the Detectives (1 ep, rated with 9)
    Detective Conan Movie 11: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 02: 16 Suspects (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 03: Conan and Heiji and the Vanished Boy (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 04: Conan and Kid and Crystal Mother (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 05: The Target is Kogoro! The Detective Boys' Secret Investigation (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 07: A Challenge from Agasa! Agasa vs. Conan and the Detective Boys (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 12: Full Score of Fear (1 ep, rated with 9)
    Detective Conan Magic File 2: Kudou Shinichi - The Case of the Mysterious Wall and the Black Lab (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 13: The Raven Chaser (1 ep, rated with 9)
    Lupin III vs. Detective Conan (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 08: High School Girl Detective Sonoko Suzuki's Case Files (1 ep, rated with 6)
    Detective Conan Magic File 3: Shinichi and Ran - Memories of Mahjong Tiles and Tanabata (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 09: The Stranger in 10 Years... (1 ep, rated with 9)
    Detective Conan Movie 14: The Lost Ship in the Sky (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Magic Kaito (12 eps, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Magic File 4: Osaka Okonomiyaki Odyssey (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 10: Kid in Trap Island (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 15: Quarter of Silence (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Magic File 5: Niigata - Tokyo Omiyage Capriccio (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan OVA 11: A Secret Order from London (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 16: The Eleventh Striker (1 ep, rated with 7)
    Detective Conan OVA 12: The Miracle of Excalibur (1 ep, rated with 7)
    Detective Conan Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea (1 ep, rated with 9)
    Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 18: The Sniper from Another Dimension (1 ep, rated with 8)
    The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan: The Fugitive Kogorou Mouri (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 19: The Hellfire Sunflowers (1 ep, rated with 8)
    Detective Conan Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare (1 ep, rated with 7)
    Detective Conan: Episode One - The Great Detective Turned Small (1 ep, rated with 10)
    Detective Conan Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter (1 ep, rated with 8)
    (44 titles, mean score: 8.41)

mid season reviews

Darling in the Franxx - surprisingly more interesting than expected after seeing the cheesy pilot positioning. also a nice setting. illustrations of the mobile suits a little simplistic. 

Death March - enjoyable setting, plot running different from other recent types of "trapped in game" anime 

Gintama - just a disappointed but not unexpected. Gintama never reknowned for its plot intense episodes. too much talking, too little doing. and too much asspulling.

Grancrest Senki - jumps all over the place with a lackluster plot.

Kokkoku - very interesting plot and setting but very slow progression

Nanatsu no Taizai 2 - quite similar to the first episode, generic, just a little too shonen with its incorporation of battle power...

Overlord 2 - arc starting to develop nicely, still very good, perhaps because of the slow progression still not caught up with the level of s1

Violet Evergarden - nice illustrations. slow plot development. 

thought it was a pretty good season

7 Death March -  pointless but short enough that it wasnt overly boring . somewhat numbingly peaceful

7 Gintama - turned out a little better than midway through with more funnies. alittle surprised there was a second half to it. but more gintama is never a bad idea

7 Kokkoku - very interesting plot and setting but didnt seem to go anywhere unfortunately. slightly slightly an asspull final episode 

8 Overlord 2 - arc developed nice but the plot for this arc was never going to be that great and seemed more like a filler. but overlord always been a good setting. hopeful for s3

9 Violet Evergarden - slow plot development became amazing. had some really fantastic short stories. 

8 Sora yori mo tooi basho - really solid script. solid depiction of friendships slice of life high school maybe not. nice illustrations and real good story. 

9 relife kanketsu hen - solid end touching

average 7.86

It was a good season

I watched Gintama of course , still watching Yowapeda S4 and Saiki S2

I was surprised by Yuru camp it was nice , and I also watched A place further than the universe

I haven't watch all what I wanted sure I'm going to watch other animes , like Violet Evergarden in spring ^^