anyone going to any cons this year? myself, I'm going to Otakon, I'm so excited. Though I haven't figured out travel or accommodations yet lol. I haven't been to any cons yet so this is a first.
ladyfaile wrote: anyone going to any cons this year?

myself, I'm going to Otakon, I'm so excited. Though I haven't figured out travel or accommodations yet lol. I haven't been to any cons yet so this is a first.

Woot! Congratulations Lady. My friends love that con. I've only ever been to one convention, but I've been to it ten times. ^^ In fact, I just got home from it last night. Had a blast.

If you get the chance, I highly recommend going to Animazement. They had a huge turnout. Guests from the English and Japanese versions of DBZ, the voices of Sailor Saturn and Luna, as well as a concert by NOIZ. ^^

I can't wait to see pics of your experience at Otakon. ♥
I went to Otakon once (2007) and it was awesome! I wish I lived near it so I could go every year. (that year I was working at a girl scout camp in Virginia and me and a couple of other people took the weekend off to go) I just went to Comicpalooza this past weekend, so will be holding off from cons for a while. The only anime con (which I am more interested in than a comic con) I know of that is near enough to me that I wouldn't need a hotel room (i.e. huge expense) is Onicon and it's a fairly small con.
^_^ well i don't live near Otakon but i couldn't pass it up. and it's not soooo expensive to fly there if we drive down to buffalo and fly from there instead of here. hubby's not going but he offered to drive my friend and i down to the airport since the bus and flight schedules don't really match up in our favour. there is a big-ish anime con about an hour away from me but i decided not to go this year, maybe next year. there IS however a Fan Expo which is also in August, my brother and his fiancee just asked if we wanted to go with them just on the saturday. we're thinking about it. Stan Lee will be there ^o^ and George Takei (i'd actually rather meet George lol) and a bunch of other awesome guests. not much on the anime side but voice actors from Sailor Moon which would be cool, and lot of interesting sounding cosplay panels. none of the others i'd be going with are into anime so i'd have to sneak away and go to those alone. amazed that it's $50 just for one day, while Otakon cost me $70 for all 4 days. what's with that? I guess it's not cheap getting big names like Stan Lee as guests.