Brownie:

You know what I mean...

The reason why people don't like human-robot relationship/romance (including myself) is because, they are not living, breathing and they don't have souls like us or other fantasy creatures (mermaids, goblins etc).

BlueMcFlurry:

More than a robot, Nam Shin III is actually an AI Android. And Androids can probably be counted as a species - at least in the Sci-Fi universe because modern day Androids in the real world have not yet reached that level of advancement yet. I say this because if we're going to argue about species or not, it all just comes down to reproduction, which real world Androids cannot do yet.

(I know this is another matter but..) Sophia is a real-life example of AI robot - she smiles, makes jokes and makes it feel like she is human (I would say she is a few steps behind NamShin III) and then on the other hand, people are asking about Mark Zuckerberg's humanity because he doesn't (rarely) smiles.

Well in my dictionary species means living organisms, so that's why I said it like that.

Magical:

The reason why people don't like human-robot relationship/romance (including myself) is because, they are not living, breathing and they don't have souls like us or other fantasy creatures (mermaids, goblins etc).

Speaking in the context of the story in the drama Nam Shin III is clearly living.  He's just a different, as you would call it, species. He has electric pulses and bio ink flowing through him and an intelligent mind that is capable of making decisions and judgements.

Breathing, he may not breath in air but through his battery watch he get's the charge his needs to function very similar to how we need oxygen to function. And either way I don't see how this is a factor when it comes to relationships when he can interact with others just fine even if he isn't 'breathing' the same way that they are.

As for souls, humans themselves don't completely understand what a soul/rooh/breath of life is so how can they decide and conclude whether an entity has it or not. C'mon now. A soul is something that is beyond human knowledge and is a very vague concept.

The reason why people don't like human-robot relationships is because robots are different from them and they are repulsed by the idea of its difference; they still continue to hold on to the stereotype of them being unfeeling objects. But robots now ARE and CAN BE smart enough and fully able to provide you with companionship and make you feel less lonely. Isn't a "human" relationship at the end of the day based mostly on feelings and companionship rather than technicalities and over-the-top concepts like souls?

Whatever it is, I'm going to have to disagree with you here but I understand where you are coming from and you are entitled to that opinion of yours. ^-^

I may be in minority here... But what I am most worried about is that Grandpa who is in care of NSIII's data centre( which is essentially his brain) is battling dementia. As if kill switch wasn't enough of threat, Now we have this huge Datacentre hijack threat. 

gaurij:

I may be in minority here... But what I am most worried about is that Grandpa who is in care of NSIII's data centre( which is essentially his brain) is battling dementia. As if kill switch wasn't enough of threat, Now we have this huge Datacentre hijack threat. 

I think maybe we can still trust David to take care of the Datacentre? If not well shizzles we are all fooked xD

Magical:

I feel like Tin Can had some (/is developing them) feelings/emotions all along, just that he wasn't aware of them. 

Remember when Nam Shin started bleednig after he broke a glass, and now how he started crying...? - when we tought at first it was actually Tin Can

I feel like, they are going to surprise us once more, when we're going to think it's Nam Shin, but it's actually going to be Tin Can somehow in a human form. 

Nam Shin's secretary is so myserious, ... am I the only one who thinks, that he has a secret crush?

I kinda wondered that as well if the secretary only stuck it out because he had feelings for Human-Shin and only stayed to protect him. He is a orphan as well and never had anyone growing up so you kinda wonder if he sees Shin as a little brother or as something more as a romantic interest in him? I'm just not sure given its a Korean drama I highly doubt they'd go that route

I do notice that Human -Shin watches every reaction Kang So Bong has to the robot version of himself.  He's always trying to play a game or mess with Kang So Bong to see if she'd notice that difference between the two.  Sometimes I wish Human Shin would have some personal growth like Si in Meteor Garden some road to redemption even if it's only for himself 

BlueMcFlurry:
The reason why people don't like human-robot relationships is because robots are different from them and they are repulsed by the idea of its difference; they still continue to hold on to the stereotype of them being unfeeling objects. But robots now ARE and CAN BE smart enough and fully able to provide you with companionship and make you feel less lonely. Isn't a "human" relationship at the end of the day based mostly on feelings and companionship rather than technicalities and over-the-top concepts like souls?

I wouldn't say robots are living, since once they're made they COULD be immortal (or at least their data that has been collected - like things that you have saved on your SD card - even if you ˝delete˝ it, it stays, unless  you destroy it manually).

One thing characters are forgetting in the drama is that humans make mistakes (and I think that's what makes us so human), robots like NamShin act by the way they are programmed - and by orders they get (in his case) - they work is perfect.

I do believe NamShin has feeligs (had feelings all along), just that he wasn't aware/sure of them. (just like us humans- sometimes we don't even know how we feel) Like that time he dropped flowers; that time when he made phones explode(yes, even if So Bong ordered him to be her slave, something made him want to be her slave) ; and recently when he seemed jealous.                         Yes NamShin is evolving/learning, because he is able to access internet (as well as other electronic devices) and get information from it.

I am aware that he is able to make his own judgments! :]

I still believe there is a huge difference between humans and robots (like do robots even have sense of time - although time is an illusion, but we do feel that time goes faster the older we get)

Although we are surrounded by robots (even as I am writing this) like, everywhere!! So yes to answer to your q., they can be a good companion/ they already are (unless if I lived without electricity ).

Souls- it's a matter of believing in them or not, I personally believe in them. (~excuse my lack of knowldege~) Science says that there are energies. We are energies (and other things that make us up?). So yes robots have their own energy(multiple )?? - but that doesn't mean they have souls 

(Just my opinions. I know I lack knowledge in psychology, science, robotics etc.) 

I appreciate reading your opinions/thoughts from your perspective, so thank you for sharing! You  know a lot about robots, science - are you studying in this field, read a lot of (books etc.)  related to this(you don't have to tell if you don't want to)?

Magical:
I wouldn't say robots are living, since once they're made they COULD be immortal (or at least their data that has been collected - like things that you have saved on your SD card - even if you ˝delete˝ it, it stays, unless  you destroy it manually).

Well I perceive immortality in this context as living without a clear end? Still living in a sense. But the data of a robot is different from the robot itself. It's kind of like you saving the memories of someone but their memories are not the person themself. You can't have conciousness without a being right? But yes the fact that it is possible to move a robot's conciousness around like this with SD cards and what not makes them different from humans. But then again I'm pretty sure Nam Shin's conciousness won't be easy to move around because all his data ...gosh that is A LOT of data and it would probably take years to shift even in a logical sci-fi universe.

You're right about the fact that mistakes are what makes us human, and Nam Shin III as a robot is perfect by those standards. It's unlikely that he will make mistakes as bad as humans do - lol or maybe he could because he still doesn't understand everything about humans. But my point was not whether Nam Shin III is human or not but that he is a sentient being with his own conciousness (it seems so far) and he's become his own person now, so he is indeed living in some sense.

Whether he can make mistakes or not is another issue. We'll have to wait and see in the drama because I think we can both agree that he's some how figuring out emotions and those are complex things that may or may not lead him to make humane mistakes.

Lol then the robot will be in a coma without electricity. You kind of have to think of them as different beings that have different basic needs like they need electricity and batteries where we need oxygen, water and food x)

I believe in souls too, and I believe that all humans, animals and plants have souls yes. But I also believe that the things we consider non-living like mountains and rocks amoung other things, are not as soul less as we think. Because everything in this universe answers to God. They may not have the exact same soul that we have but they definitely have something different that we don't really know about and can't really conceptualise in the same way that we conceptualise souls.

Now if we're talking less about reality and more about fiction and the drama and its story, I was actually thinking of Nam Shin III like Pinocchio (the fairytale) where a fairy's magic turns him into a real boy. Ofcourse it is not the same thing, but what if somewhere along the way Nam Shin III was granted some kind of soul as a result of the powerful will of the people around him or something. He's still a robot yes (getting a soul doesn't mean becoming flesh and human), but he has that special robot soul or whatever (gosh this sounds weird when I put it into words). He's alive. Haha idk if the drama will actually delve into something like this but I like to think of it this way and read between the lines like this. Lol my imagination here.

Anyway I never said that you lacked the knowledge in these fields, and I'm sure you don't so don't say that or beat yourself up about it.

And thank you! I enjoyed having this discussion with you too. I wouldn't say I know a lot about robotics but I am very interested in computers and AI specifically. I am studying Computer Science as a result and so I do tend to read a lot of books on the topic. And then I end up linking them with Sci-Fi stories and dramas xD.

We should probably end this discussion here and move somewhere else if we need to, because it is long and we are going off-topic from the original discussion thread which was "Theories about the ending" 

u.u Sorry to everyone else in this thread, that we've bothered with such long posts x.x

Human-Shin's dad is still alive. The grandpa hid him because the dad had early on set dementia. This is why the grandpa is so into robotics. He wants to advance to genetic and bio engineering. Human-Shin will go brain dead and Robo-Shin will be transferred into the human body!

UsakoSha:

Human-Shin's dad is still alive. The grandpa hid him because the dad had early on set dementia. This is why the grandpa is so into robotics. He wants to advance to genetic and bio engineering. Human-Shin will go brain dead and Robo-Shin will be transferred into the human body!

This is probably the best and most plot twisting theory I've seen so far! BRILLIANT. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

BlueMcFlurry:

This is probably the best and most plot twisting theory I've seen so far! BRILLIANT. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

Thank you! I have a vivid imagination. LOL. Also, I think it could go in the way of Bicentennial Man. May have seen that movie? A robot basically becomes so smart that he makes his own organic body and transfers himself in it. If I remember correctly. Robo-Shin is going to have a hard time coming to terms with hurting So Bong, after he snaps out of the control that Human-Shin has him under.

UsakoSha:

Thank you! I have a vivid imagination. LOL. Also, I think it could go in the way of Bicentennial Man. May have seen that movie? A robot basically becomes so smart that he makes his own organic body and transfers himself in it. If I remember correctly. Robo-Shin is going to have a hard time coming to terms with hurting So Bong, after he snaps out of the control that Human-Shin has him under.

UGH YES BICENTENNIAL MAN! I loved that movie! Robin Williams ㅠㅠ

Sherlock Holmes:

right jkdf she kept telling me like geez we cant picture a romance between a machine n a human being n bringing up the terminator to the topic lmfao

People sometimes go too hard with these shows. LOL. 

Sherlock Holmes:

i literally cant with ppl who r not even able to distinguish fiction from reality. their dumbness is too much for me srsly

LOL I guess the show was really well written then xD Props to the show!

Sherlock Holmes:

i literally cant with ppl who r not even able to distinguish fiction from reality. their dumbness is too much for me srsly

LOL I guess the show was really well written then xD Props to the show!