If this could happen I'd love it. Yes Shin is human but I can't stand anything horrible happening to Shin 3. It's only been 4 episodes and already my heart is breaking for him. I can't have another AB ending. I barely recovered from that one.
I feel like they might kill the robot off. Like it makes sense in terms of love line (I don't mean this in a creepy way but how are they supposed to "mate" and create a family in the long run). She might end up in a love triangle between human and robot. I just hope the robot gets a happy ending with his mum or something back in Russia
I think something that the show could actually do, is that NSIII "dies" but he is reincarted as a human? Because probably by the last episodes of the drama he would become sentient, and just his own person and being.
Lot's of Kdramas do follow this trope of reincarnation.
I think robot Nam Shin might actually end up with Sobong in the end? He said he has no heart before, but he has so much more emotions than the human Nam Shin. And in Episode 9 and 10 (or Episode 5), robot Nam Shin revealed that Sobong has a steel rod in her leg (from the accident) and identifies her as a cyborg too. And maybe in the end the human Nam Shin will actually end up with Yena since she's so clingy.
And the kill switch might actually be used... maybe his memories will restart once he wakes up again and he'll forget everything that happened. Something intense will probably happen at the end, either the death of the robot or something like Sobong being threatened and on the verge of death because of Mr Seo and Nam Shin saves her :D
The human Nam Shin already proved himself to kind of be an ass, so unless he wakes up soon and gets a redemption arc PLUS time to bond with our lead female character, I don't see that pairing happening.
I really want her to end up with NSIII, despite the fact that he's not TECHNICALLY human. If there's any memory transplanting or reincarnation shenanigans, or worse, a female robot, I'm staging a rebellion.
1) Nam Shin III sacrifices himself or is kill switched and it turns into a Pinocchio type of ending. Where they save his consciousness and after a few years because of advanced technology it allows them to transfer it into a real body. Or some technical miracle happens and he evolves himself to be "alive".
2) So bong ends up dying and her conscious is transferred into an android body.
3) Nam Shin and Nam Shin III are integrated into one body where their memories and consciousness merges. The whole you complete me ideology. (If you have seen Hyde, Jekyll and Me it might be like Robin and Seo Jin personalities merged to make a complete person. It's not the same thing but similar)
4) Nam Shin III sacrifices himself but they bring him back upgraded with a open ending. He is with So Bong when he comes back to life but they don't go into details. Just that he is back and everyone is happy.
5) Nam Shin III consciousness is transfered into the human body of someone else. So he might look different but be the same.
As for the kill switch I kind of think it might be one of those situations where it's used but since he is "alive" not a machine he overcomes it intact to save the day most likely to self sacrifice. I'm sure it will be utilized but I wouldn't be surprised if a miracle doesn't happen and he comes back to life despite. I'm kind of a sucker for the Pinocchio ideas because they make you reconsider what it means to be human and no one has to be sacrificed. But I also like the consciousness merge because they would both be human at the end and share childhood memories on. The son and mother would never have really been apart. Ha ha I tend to over think things though so probably not!
I think it would be the best ending if NSIII was put into Nam Shin's body, because then that would mean he could truly be human and start a family... but if I think about how much his Mom loved Nam Shin and the secretary cares for him... I don't think they'd kill him off like that. I will say that if they get rid of NSIII and then make the ending be that Nam Shin ends up with the girl.... I would be freaking livid! Because we all know he doesn't deserve as much happiness as NSIII!!! My heart bleeds for him lmao