I have started to notice that Nam Shin III will comment to So-bong about some humans being like him that is  "cyborgs" when he finds that they are implanted with metal devices (so far So-bong and the metal in her leg/ankle and Ho-yeon’s son Hee-dong and the metal device in his heart.) 

I predict that the human Shin may be posed to die but his brilliant mother will find a way to implant android parts of Shin III into human Shin in order for him to live.  This will cause human Shin's personality/soul to become that of Shin III which will allow him to finally exist in human form and he, in essence, will become a cyborg himself that he always compares to as being most like him in human form.

I also believe So-bong's heart locket will  play a major roll in the ending, a minimum, symbolism of a metal heart worn by a human that transcends to the human having some type of metal (android) heart which is the essence of Shin III.  That locket is driving me nuts with my theories!! LOL

We know Human-Shin had a stoke with all that happened with his accident. I do believe that Inhuman Shin has been sending Human Shin feeds of all that has been going on via that coma-machine thing. 

I also strongly think InHuman Shin has known about the kill switch all along I mean when his Cyborg girl was talking to her lil robot and it started dancing I get the feeling he gave her the bot so he had a constant live feed to how she was doing or if she was safe in the hospital room. 

I do believe that InHuman Shin would do anything for his Mom regardless of how shoddy she is treating him. I think he's been doing his best to heal her natural son's health all along  and for some reason with her I don't think she will truly see her affection for her until it's too late. 

In the opening of the show there is the clip of InHuman Shin stopping the car in that parking lot so I am also assuming that clip of the two Shin's coming face to face will also take place. But we shall see. 

I had pondered myself when Inhuman Shin returns his girls necklace if he hadn't put a gps tracking into it given how she always wears it  where as her phone could get crushed or go missing. 

I too also don't think Human Shin will return 100% himself and it sort of sucks InHuman-Shin seems to have to endlessly sacrifice himself over and over since he is not human. 

There are four levels of artificial intelligence (AI) and Are You Human is portraying these in an interesting way (my apologies for the geekiness here, but it seems relevant):

1. Reactive Machines e.g. Pokémon Go, Robot Vacuum Cleaner. React to what’s in front of them. NSIII understands this level all too well and decides his robovac friend is entitled to some company.
  2. Limited Memory e.g. Driverless car, chatbot. Considers past incidents and so develops experience and uses this. Grandpa is using the driverless car to improve the use of AI as quickly as possible. It also shows a sharp comparison between where AI is now and the level displayed by NSIII. We know there has to be some further connection here and the technology used.
  3. Theory of the Mind e.g. C3PO & R2D2,  Aiji-3. Has the capacity to understand thoughts and emotions which affect human behaviour. They can interact socially. NSIII is clearly at this level.
  4. Self Aware e.g. Synths in the TV show Humans. This is the conscious level i.e. human and therefore know how human’s feel and can predict the feelings of others. They also make their own, self informed, decisions. The interesting development is how is NSIII doing this. It’s not just programming - it can’t be. Or has David slipped something into the unending list of servers that powers NSIII’s brain?

So, Laura (and David), clearly developed NSIII to level 3. Laura is starting to panic, or display fear, because NSIII is displaying level 4 capability. I like Kalahara’s comment that NSIII is sending a live feed to NS. There is certainly a connection here. Maybe it is to provide the stimulus Nam Shin’s brain needs to come out of the coma. Beanee’s theories about So Bong’s heart locket are magical. Reminds me of the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz (yes, I know the symbolism is happening in another show as well). 

I think Nam Shin III will remind them of what it means to be human when his own life is on the line or performs some further miracle on a character that catches their attention in a breathtaking way e.g. young cousin, So Bong, Grandpa perhaps or even Jong Gil. 

From there Nam Shin III will become fully aware, he will leave (hopefully with So Bong - with or without enhancements) them all behind to live the life he should. I’m not in favour of mind melds or body melds, but you never know. However, if they all become one big happy family at the end, I wouldn’t mind that either (in line with Amanda’s suggestion)!

Sean, 

Really enjoyed your comments!  Very interesting information.  As they say we are already living in the future.  It's been a while since watching a drama where I am stumped on how things will end.

Keep this post alive guysssssss

The things are changing so have your theories also changed? :)

I’m afraid now that human Shin and robo Shin are going to battle it out :( 

Lol everything just got a lot more interesting~~~~ excuse me while I cook up some updated theories because I'm actually happy human Shin is up. It makes me 85% sure that there won't be any Nam-Shin merging in the end hopefully. They're two different beings. :D

But gosh there are so many variables mainly the Grandfather and David who none of the others know about. Dang.

However, I'm still a little skeptical so I think I will wait until I see the next two episodes where they explain how things went down and if that was really human Shin or not.

My theory is that NS and NS3 team up against the Grandpa and run the company together. They announce NS3 as NS's long lost twin to the press and allow NS3 to live freely.

I have no idea how the romance will pan out, but realistically, NS3 lacks a lot of human capabilities that are needed to sustain a healthy, romantic relationship (like having sex and feelings). Maybe So Bong will realize this and the two just remain really good friends.

dyn_mite:

My theory is that NS and NS3 team up against the Grandpa and run the company together. They announce NS3 as NS's long lost twin to the press and allow NS3 to live freely.

I have no idea how the romance will pan out, but realistically, NS3 lacks a lot of human capabilities that are needed to sustain a healthy, romantic relationship (like having sex and feelings). Maybe So Bong will realize this and the two just remain really good friends.

Ummm sorry but how did you figure it out that he can't have sex? He can't have children and I know this is little bit creepy because it means that mother built for him a penis but hey it is perfect android, so he should have it. What is more he overwritten data so in my opinion at the end he will be able to create feelings.  

Hi there, not sure if this theory has been mentioned already(i did not read all the comments from the thread)...but, here is my idea: probably, human Nam Shin will remain as he is, since he is the original and the model from which NS3 was made. So its his right to remain himself.

So as for Kang So Bong in order to have a separate partner, I feel that they (writers and producers) will not kill NS3 but make his face into another "face" just to separate him and differentiate him from the human nam shin and finally, be a proper "partner" to So Bong that has no ties to human nam shim (in terms of looks,right). So in the end, they will have another actor cameo as the new NS3 so that the robot will have a "different face" and will be autonomous of human nam shin. I just hope the cameo actor will be able to reenact the way nam shin3  is romantic and kind and please, I hope he is handsome as well.

As for the sex part, I feel that humans have invented dildos right. So it is not impossible that it can be attached to a robot. This reminds me of the male prostitute in the american movie AI. And also the sex robot for sale in Absolute Boyfriend. Anyway, the only concern is not having kids. Well, not all humans have kids anyways, so they could be that couple.

I feel like Kang So Bong's locket will play a huge role in becoming Nam Shin III's "heart". They keep focusing on it so I figured...maybe. This is where the fiction part of science-fiction comes into play xD

Hmm... I don't think it's too unrealistic to keep Nam Shin III's face. It's actually a little unnecessary to change his face just for differentiation, because we can already differentiate the two personalities very clearly. And if we're talking about the long run, even normal people have look-alikes that they have no blood ties to, so it's not that strange to see two of them.

I don't think anyone in the universe of this drama sees any real importance in changing his face either at this point in the plot. Mainly because there are so many darker issues going on. So unless, it is actually affecting the human Nam Shin traumatically or something and he whines about it, none of the scientists or big power characters in this drama would really focus on changing NSIII's face.

And if we're talking about the sex part, I don't think the drama will focus on that too much either. They might throw in one line or something and then just leave it to the audience's imagination. It's a KBS drama after all. But yes ofcourse there are ways around this issue lol I just don't think it's the main point of the story x]

dyn_mite:

I really like the part about these two teaming up against the Grandpa. I think that just might happen. And it'll be one heck of a showdown because the Grandpa seems to know a lot more than he lets on.

But I don't know about the rest of it like them running the company together. Human Shin's ego is too high for that, unless his character develops more or something. For the twin part too, I don't think human Shin wants to be associated with the robot like that either. But hey I'm just going off of what I see right now from these characters. Ofcourse things can always change~

Oh man this drama is driving me crazy xD. Thing will get really interessting now that NS woke up.  I have 2 theorys.

1. NS3 will become human in some way. I know that  sounds crazy but in dramaland everything is possible. I dont think that NS3 will have a happy life with So Bong if he remains a robot. The romance will not last. I cant imagine So Bong getting old and NS3 still be himself and the love will remain the same. They should grow old together....

2. NS3 memorys will be planted in the human NS and he will live within NS. The kill switch will defenetly be activatet at some point. I think befor NS3 will get distroyed they will plant him in the human NS. Maybe the NS3 and NS will become friends... otherwise i cant imagine that human NS will let that happen... but on the other hand we only have 6 episodes left. I dont know how they will wrap thing up. I have a feeling there will be a love triangle between NS3 and humans NS. Even though i hate NS right now.. maybe his character will developt. i mean he has gone through some tough things in life.. He needs someone like So Bong who will tell him that he is being an asshole and should start acting like a human.

Anyway... i cant wait how thing will turn out. This drama really brought me out of my drama slump hahaha . I cant wait till monday!!!

Snitty rich chic and lack luster Human-Shin seem to be a pair to draw to... Where you can but can't feel sorry for them at the same time.

The poor little rich girl theme seems to run rampant with her since she seems to attach herself to men who are violent and semi vampid on the shallow end of the human gene pool.

I was hopeful that Human-Shin would awaken and be a better form of himself but he seems to do childish things. From using the Snitty crush girl to using InHuman-Shin and everyone's emotions against them from what he over heard while extending his coma time in bed to gather information I guess on emotional revenge on his Mom and friends. 

Ok yes he grew up in a house surrounded by evil people so part of his personality you can understand up to a certain point but that ending scene in the last episode throwing at Kang So Bong he should have hit her harder in the head and then grabbing her arm in a death grip was rather creepy. He seems jealous of InHuman-Shin and now has taken a sort of creeper interest in Kang So Bong like she's in love with him or something. I fear going by the next previews he's going to try to do something untoward towards her. 

I dunno what the writers plans are for Human-Shin cause his heath seems poorly like he might not recover ever fully. He seems hell bent on punishing his Mother or really anyone that gets in his way. I feel any moment he's going to pitch the Snitty rich girl when she's no longer of use to him  and he seems not to have a real friend in the world.

Is Human-Shin worth saving? Does he have any redeeming qualities at all???  It's like you wanna feel sorry for the little boy lost in him but at the same time he keeps looking worse and worse in my eyes.