At this point, up to episode 4, we can all agree that no matter what happens this is one of the best BLs we've ever seen. 

Now the big question is, is the series going to have a sad or happy ending?

Personally, I want it to be a happy ending, or at least a bittersweet ending. I'm not too sure if any of you guys watched My Ambulance, but after seeing Billkin and PP get a sad ending I've been hoping they'd get a happy one in this series. The screenwriter (Goy) is the same in both My Ambulance and in this series so I hope she wrote them a happy ending this time. 

What I want to happen is that I want them to confront each other before the admissions exam. Tell each other their frustrations, why they did what they did, how they really feel about each other. I want them to bring out their vulnerable sides and reveal the truth about each other. I want Teh to tell Oh-Aew about all the things he's sacrificed for him, how it's hard to live up to everyones expectations, how not everyones parents and family are supportive like his. I want Oh-Aew to tell Teh that he doesn't need to do everything for him, how he wants to do things on his own and not seem incapable, how he doesn't want to be a burden on Teh (and vise versa with this one). I want them to keep their promise in the end and run to see the sunset together. I also want them to come out to their friends and for Teh to come out to his brother. Side note: I'm just saying, Teh and Oh-Aew were having problems of Teh coming out, but their friends are kind of dumb and started this whole problem on accident. At the end end, they will be going to university together.

My other theory is that they'll take the exam and something will happen. I'm not too sure what, but I think it might have to deal with the whole title of the series. Something might happen to one of them and only one of them can go and see the sunset and tell the sunset about them. If you are asking what that something is, I'm thinking hospital or injury, and I don't even want to think about it, but someone they know or one of them dying.

My biggest worry again is that this drama will end like the My Ambulance ending for them. Now, I really recommend watching My Ambulance even if it isn't a BL. I balled my eyes out what happened to them in that series and I was really hoping this series would make up for what happened to them. 

Please if you do have any other theories or ideas, I would love to know what they are. I really just want to make myself feel better and know how other people feel and think.

I've placed my bet on a happy ending. I didn't watch My Ambulance so I don't know if the character death came midway through the story or at the very end, but it sounds like that side story was intended as a tragedy. I've posted a comment explaining why I think ITSAY is not a tragedy and will end on a positive note.

same here, happy ending is my bet or I maybe I just hope for it

but I konow I hafta be prepared for everything; though the whole ep I'll be praying to have right

I'm not sure, but rumor (RUMORS) has it that due to the popularity of this drama, they might be looking into a second season. So, IMO given the title of the drama and how melancholic it has been from the get-go, I will wager that it might end up being a sad ending, but done right. I am someone that doesn't mind sad endings. I actually find value in them, but I understand people who want to have happy endings too. Either way, the drama has been amazing! 

i hope its happy, I hate the fact that tv shows and movies always give the gay characters sad ending 

Yes I read @FreshKicks theory and I really enjoyed it. It was about how Tragic dramas start off on a bright not and "Comedies" start off darker. ITSAY started off a bit dark so that should mean it'll end happily.
And all of the people involved with filming seem to want us to put down our pitchforks and wait until episode 5 before we burn their houses down for obliterating their hearts so that seems promising!

And yea I've heard of a season 2. ITSAY is so perfect and while it hurts that it's only 5 episodes (but it's so long might as well be 10 LOL) I don't know if I'd want a second season. Maybe another story as well written and with the same cast would do... but what would a second season be like? Just them dating like in all the other BL second seasons which have fallen short?
IDK what to expect if they give us a second season so I guess I'll have to wait til next week to form an opinion.

• Immediately after watching Ep. 4, I feel that I don't want to watch Ep. 5 -- so devastating to think that Ep. 5 will end tragically. As the titular drama suggests that one of them might die or tragic event in the end and only one of them would have gone to fulfill their dreams. And this may give away spoilers, Teh might desire or imagining Oh to have breast -- the red bra scene and the underwater scene where Teh keeps caressing Oh's chest... 

Happy ending; because it would not make sense for the producer (I think so, if not then it is the director or something) to have a tragedy of the couple again (like in My Ambulance), but through I Told Sunset About You they want to make us think that it is going to have a sad ending but actually does have a happy ending in the end.

i Really hope that Oh' Aew ends up with Bass...Teh is just Confused between Oh' Aew and Tan...And i hate it when people play with other people's feelings... same happened with Golden Rupthong( even tho its a sad Ending its one off my Fav Bl out there just because on how it ended, that shit happens alot)

Happy ending in a beautiful way. no hurts. just that.

Happy ending for sure! I'm crossing my fingers*

judging by the melodrama of ep 4 it certainly seems to be heading for a sad ending. 

The whole story is so maddening to me. Why would Oh-aew have any interest in the guy who's always treated him so poorly? Especially when cute Bas is clearly in love with him and treats him so well. That's the happy ending I'd like to see. 

The interviews in the documentary episodes are interesting. The withdrawn body language of PP seems to say a lot. He was either really tired when they filmed that or was sad for some reason.

I think the story is leading to a tragic ending though I hope for a happy one. I say so for a couple of reasons - most of the scenes in ep 4, the melancholic color tone of the film, and the name of the story itself. For me, this drama is the gold in the sea of BL films. Most BL films today are intended to please the BL fans and audience but this romance film does reflect most social issues, self-rejection, interpersonal and intrapersonal conflicts that most LGBTQ+ are facing in real life in many places around the world. I would say this is the best BL series ever and love the film whatever the ending is.

i dont really ''need'' or passionately wish for a happy ending. I really dont care because no sad nor happy ending could destroy this masterpiece. ''Coming of age'' i think everyone can think a movie or series of that genre and not many of them that have a good ending( but never say never) usually a bad or an open ending. 

As far as i think that in two concepts:

1) the ending is going to be open we may not see what exactly happened at the exams but we will get to see maybe on of the them or both at the place where they make their promise( about the sunset) and like that end it

2) now the bad one... So if you saw the trailer for ep 5 you could see that oh is not going to take the exams meaning that something happened and he was persuade to take teh spot. On the other hand we get to see a heartbreaking teh at the class while having his exam .( bad sign for me because he is a good student as mentioned so i dont think its because he cant answer) maybe he would do it on purpose (stupid) because not getting into the faculty means that he will drift apart from oh. But the worst think is yet to come a accident or a suicide...let me explain further 

what if one of the them get into accident and lose the memory so the other would have to tell the other( sunset) about you (him) confusing much just get a good look of the title ( i told sunset about you) for teh or oh the other is their sunset 

so now the worst part suicide as we have see they mention all the time the 2 male leads right? this cant work out because the ''normal'' thing ( as far the series not my perspective of course ) a woman and a men is the normal thing. So for that reason i feel like someone would kill themselves due to pressure and everything( teh)

I am getting a sad ending vibe...........