"Ive been wanting to reply to the comment about Jin Seolran possibly being a soul shifter,"

katiedee1130

I never heard oh that... Jin Seolran being a soul shifter? But how? Who else will be in her body? 

jxxwxxstan:

I just replied to a comment on something I've been thinking about but haven't shared here yet. So I'll just paste here what I commented there.

Last week, I considered the possibility of reincarnation but I don't vouch for that anymore. There's definitely destiny involved, but not reincarnation. We know that story repeats itself and this time things are going to change. Seolran and Gyeong brought the ice stone to their world, I believe Buyeon/Naksu/Uk are going to make something good out of it. Just like Uk's paternity is special, I think the combination of Naksu and Buyeon is special too, and all of that was necessary to make this change possible. Do you know what I mean? Everything is leading to these characters, in their own special situations, to find a new use for the ice stone. 

I'm not fully on board of this reincarnation theory.. 

Ok, JBY could be reincarnation of Seolran we already saw the similarities, the blindness, maybe the power of sense energy... 

But why UK will be reincarnation of Master Seo? They're not even from the same family. 

Of course someone could reincarnate in anybody but it doesn't fit for me yet. 

Now this you re saying about combine forces to change the things I totally believe with UK power + JBY + Naksu and I will say more, the forces should be combine with four seasons and the Crown Prince to face the evil.  And Daeho will find peace. 

The end. Thank you Hong Sisters. Happy ending. Lol

Just kidding, I'm afraid of some kind of  tragedy. 

Cau:

About this i really dont know... i dont want but im thinking JBY will not have a good ending...dont know at all its just a feeling with the things we have until now. 

Sometimes you'd really hate your gut feeling ;-; I'm having the same feeling too.

jxxwxxstan:

Ngl, I would love to see a baby dragon coming out of the ice stone and calling Uk daddy hudishduishduishd

HAHAHAAHAH Daddy Ukie XD

Cau:
Just kidding, I'm afraid of some kind of  tragedy. 

People told me they don't give happy endings to their stories lol. I'm new to K-dramaland, and I see that comments everywhere.

Idk what to do with this information but here it goes…

The chemical formula of water is H₂O.  Also, the formula of the area of the circle is πr²

So the above formulas of water and circle have a similarity. You first need to multiply an element by itself before multiplying it to another element. 

It could possibly mean 2 women and 1 man.  So maybe it isn’t about UkNaksu or UkBuyeon, instead the key lies with the trio NaksuUkBuyeon.

Thus, maybe, at some point, the souls of Naksu and Buyeon would be merged somehow. Or we need the combined powers of Naksu and Buyeon.

okay bye i’m speaking nonsense

wanderee:

Idk what to do with this information but here it goes…

The chemical formula of water is H₂O.  Also, the formula of the area of the circle is πr²

So the above formulas of water and circle have a similarity. You first need to multiply an element by itself before multiplying it to another element. 

It could possibly mean 2 women and 1 man.  So maybe it isn’t about UkNaksu or UkBuyeon, instead the key lies with the trio NaksuUkBuyeon.

Thus, maybe, at some point, the souls of Naksu and Buyeon would be merged somehow.

okay bye i’m speaking nonsense

OKAY NOW I FOUND THIS VERY FUNNY!! HAHHAHHAHA why the heck did i relate to math and science??

wanderee:

XD I started laughing when I read this hahahahah. No, it's not bad or anything, it's just unexpected, LMAO.

wanderee:

OKAY NOW I FOUND THIS VERY FUNNY!! HAHHAHHAHA why the heck did i relate to math and science??

Look what waiting did to you. You started pouring out your knowledge regarding the details to scientific evidence XD

(originally posted as a comment ---> https://mydramalist.com/52939-can-this-person-be-translated#comment-10596977 )

WHAT IF

* Jang Uk is the reincarnation of Seo Gyeong?
* "Mu Deok" (the combined Nak Su + Bu Yeon) is the reincarnation of Seo Gyeong's love?

The birth of Jang Uk (magical lineage of the Royal Family + Jang Kang's DNA and magical lineage) was probably the key to reincarnate Seo Gyeong? Not him exactly but his great power?

The combination of Nak Su and Bu Yeon acts similarly. The only way to reincarnate the power of Seo Gyeong's love, who called down magic from heaven (IIRC), is by combining them?

A split soul is not new in K-drama, there were past shows where it explored the idea of someone's soul splitting into two bodies when they reincarnated. What if Nak Su and Bu Yeon are the two halves of Seo Gyeong's love's reincarnation?

Now we're seeing them having a second chance to finally fall in love together?

It will also be beneficial for everyone involved. The Crown Prince stays as the Crown Prince and later king.

Jang Uk gets married with Bu Yeon/Nak Su/Mu Deok. Jang Uk inherits the position he wanted. Bu Yeon/Nak Su/Mu Deok inherits the Jin Clan and the precious vault.

And they lived happily ever after.

But, it's the Hong sisters … so … you know … there will always be some surprise in the end.

(originally posted as a comment ---> https://mydramalist.com/52939-can-this-person-be-translated#comment-10596977 )

IM YourOnlyOne:

I like your other comment about Naksu accepting Bu Yeon too. You should paste it as well.

I'm so grateful for the 500+ replies for this forum.

??????

The drama is giving us so much twists and turns. 

But I have some doubts about the reincarnation theory. If Jang Uk is the reincarnation of Songrim's first leader and Mu Deok is the reincarnation of Jinyowon's first leader, what's the point of Naksu's existence? 

Still we don't have proof for the split soul theory. And Jang Uk is not from SEO family to be reincarnated as Seo Gyeong. 

Then Seo Yul might be reincarnation of Seo Gyeong as well. Their tragic past might repeat itself?

A little dissection of Master Seo’s undelivered poem:

You cannot grasp water, but it is inside soil
You cannot touch fire, but it is inside the tree
You cannot hold the wind, but it is resting on the rock

These lines pertains to a thing stuck inside another object. Two things that coexist on the same place. It mirrors Mudeok’s situation right now. 

If you let them be, they will exist everywhere

He might be saying that this kind of situation shall be prevented, since if one does nothing, others could also fall in this situation. So maybe it’s a bad thing — coexistence in one body.

The faint, blue light makes me sigh 

The blue mark in the eyes is the sign of coexistence??

My white breath turned into snow and tears

He has regrets and was saddened about it. So maybe his lover was in this situation. As the founder of Daeho’s magic, he has the responsibility to protect the honor and dignity of Daeho, and fight against forbidden sorcery. So he had to kill her to protect the peace of the country. 

I could not let them drop and hid them

He kept all of these a secret. That’s why, everyone in Daeho is clueless about coexistence. 

Despite knowing that they will fill up once again, I am a fool who dares not shed a single tear

Again, his regets. Does he know that this situation would happen again in the future? But he remained silent about it until his death. Because no one has spoke about coexistence, not even a clue or a hint. 

Maybe because my account is just new I cant quote replies but to Cau:

Yeah. The news on S2 really spoiled it for me. Guess Naksu will really get her body back and will live as Naksu and maybe Mudeok will finally be able to live as BuYeon, happy ending still I guess? 

I assumed the parallel between Seo Gyeong /Jin Seol Ran and Jang Uk/MuDeok from Ep7. reincarnations or new iterations, whatever they'll be called, seemed like UkDeok is the current powerful couple in the making.  and maybe once again they can stop this soul shifting madness, maybe once and for all this time around. imagine the power of Jang Uk combine with the powers of Naksu/BuYeon, they'd be unstoppable. 

I do not have any source/idea yet who could have been the soul shifter (if there was any) in Jin Seol Ran but I assume she would also be someone powerful. or someone who came from the family who was able to take hold of the ice stone in the beginning before Seo Gyeong sealed it away. 

Fujihara Tomomi:

I like your other comment about Naksu accepting Bu Yeon too. You should paste it as well.

Ahh, I posted the entire post separately ( it's here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/can-this-person-be-translated/74629-episode-10-feedback-and-analysis )

Conservative_Torch:

The drama is giving us so much twists and turns. 

But I have some doubts about the reincarnation theory. If Jang Uk is the reincarnation of Songrim's first leader and Mu Deok is the reincarnation of Jinyowon's first leader, what's the point of Naksu's existence? 

Still we don't have proof for the split soul theory. And Jang Uk is not from SEO family to be reincarnated as Seo Gyeong. 

Then Seo Yul might be reincarnation of Seo Gyeong as well. Their tragic past might repeat itself?

> Their tragic past might repeat itself?

Based on the other past stories, Korean writers tend to go that route: reincarnation, lovers supposed to be together did not get together, reincarnated again because fate wants them to fulfill their destiny.

History repeating itself is also a challenge. Are they going to make the same decisions again? For example, in episode 10, at first Nak Su was called Seo Gyeong a coward for not giving his love letter. But after Jang Uk practically confessed his feelings, Nak Su monologue that she probably should not have said the words she said to him (because it only encouraged Uk and it will be a problem to break their ties).

It is alluding to the possibility that Nak Su might make the same decision as Seo Gyeong as far as not confessing their love and choosing some greater cause. (I'm suspecting Seo Gyeong chose a greater cause; and Nak Su is starting to take that path too, even without Bu Yeon nudging her in that direction).

So, it could be that way in the end.

It doesn't have to be a reincarnation but the idea that the scenario of two lovers is repeating and it has to do with the ice stone again; and a blind Jin too.

Other possibility is Bu Yeol probably wants to absorb the entire ice stone but she was 'killed' because she refused to give it to them. Or, she was probably trying to return the ice stone to heaven. And this time, with the help of Nak Su, she will try it again. And then later through the power of the ice stone, she will restore Nak Su her body and transfer her back (which would lead to Season 2 where Nak Su is still the #1 Most Wanted mage).