Kathryn_51:

The capital of Daeho is within the "Fortress" - it is the Royal Palace plus, I guess, the top tier group of mages and I forget their name right now.

When Bu-yeon "disappeared" from Jin Mu, she somehow ended up near Sarin Village.  I don't recall the specifics, but she apparently lived with an old woman that died and "Mu-deok" was sold to pay the old woman's debts.  She was in a Sarin tavern when Naksu bumped into her.

Similarly, Naksu disappeared into the lake and appeared in the Village.

Sarin (Sari?) Village is not in the Fortress/Capital - we finally realized that in Ep. 9 when the pick-pocket arrived  - from Sarin - via a boat on the lake.  

Yup Sarri is near the capital, just outside the fortress.  Up till now we don't know where Bu Yeon disappeared when she was young and on the raft with Jin Mu but we kinda get an idea where that is, she seemed to be in the same river Mu Deok/Naksu and Jang Uk used to get to Danhangyuk, where Naksu lived and it is further from Sarri.

When we first saw Mu Deok, it was at night and she was trying to get her way around in the tavern (the place seems to be new to her so it cant be Sari where she had lived with the old woman)  The next time we see her, it was daylight and the 2 guys who were selling her was on a boat with her before they brought her to the brothel. So my deduction is that she was trying to get her way around the capital after she was brought there at night into the tavern by the 2 guys who were selling her. They got drunk and found her again the next day, without knowing by then Nak su's soul is in her body already.

Kathryn_51:
I think that it was  Bu-yeon's soul pointing the sword because Mu-deok didn't seem to remember that - she said something like: "I was able to unsheath my sword in the water" and Jang Uk replied that he had seen it - but he only saw her out of water.

Bu Yeon shouldn't be to see and stare at him like that, right? Even when he was fighting with Master Lee, her eyes were looking straight or down because she can't see. 

Kathryn_51:
"Hi, I'm here as well.

"What's up, body mate?"  LMAO, this sounds weird and creepy. XD

Kathryn_51:
just as Naksu ended up at the same village after disappearing under-water.

Wait, why did Naksu end up there? Same village? Sari Village? What do you mean?

Kim Hee Soo:
Haha i get what you mean about chingu! So Yi did a great job about it in A Business Proposal. I guess she got a chingu now? hahahha

but she's a bad chingu herself lol hahahah

Kim Hee Soo:
BTW  Fujihara Tomomi that's now how you tag someone here (yeah this forum has a different rule about tagging). To tag someone you dont need to add @ in the front of the name, all you need is to go to the person's post and cut and paste the name (the one in blue) and paste it here like I did yours at the start of this paragraph.

Thanks btw, I didn't attach the link because I was in a hurry lol. S, ended up using @ again. XD It's a habit, sorry.

Kim Hee Soo:
Coming back to AoS, I am with you (as always!) about Jin Mu being thorough at his job. So probably the reason Bu Yeon is unrecognisable and that she took on Mu Deok's face/body is because of her "murder" by Jin Mu and that the ice stone transformed her look to protect her? But she remained blind and recognisable to the relics in Jinyowon. So maybe only the relics can see her true self? Just like the longing mirror?

Oooo cool!! Well it's 10+ years old, like somebody said before, people changed a lot in 10 years, so I don't think the ice stone changed her body or she did it herself.

Kathryn_51:
When Bu-yeon "disappeared" from Jin Mu, she somehow ended up near Sarin Village.  I don't recall the specifics, but she apparently lived with an old woman that died and "Mu-deok" was sold to pay the old woman's debts.  She was in a Sarin tavern when Naksu bumped into her.

She was living with her (foster?) parents before living with the old lady because they died. 

Kathryn_51:
Similarly, Naksu disappeared into the lake and appeared in the Village.

Again, how did Naksu end up in Sari village lol!?! Do you mean the first ep?

Kim Hee Soo:

When we first saw Mu Deok, it was at night and she was trying to get her way around in the tavern (the place seems to be new to her so it cant be Sari where she had lived with the old woman)  The next time we see her, it was daylight and the 2 guys who were selling her was on a boat with her before they brought her to the brothel. So my deduction is that she was trying to get her way around the capital after she was brought there at night into the tavern by the 2 guys who were selling her. They got drunk and found her again the next day, without knowing by then Nak su's soul is in her body already.

We need to see things from her perspective now!!! ;-; Oi, Bu Yeon ahh, give Naksu a dream about your memories, or trigger an important memory to her!! DX

Fujihara Tomomi haha old habits die hard, no need to apologise about the @.

Coming back to Naksu in the first ep, I don't think she was in Sari, I believe she was in the capital. There is no reason for her to be in Sari. The capital was more like it because I believe she was looking for refuge, where, why, and what brought her to the tavern remains to be seen. Because we now know she wasn't looking for help at the palace because she only just discovered the real Danju is in the palace. Was she going to Sejukwon? Not likely too because she knows these people wouldn't give her the time of day (she is a wanted criminal anyways), although...that could be the case too since she knows Sejukwon has the best medicines for magically strong people like her, and she may have thought that she can magically go in there if she had swopped with a strong body. 

Fujihara Tomomi:

We need to see things from her perspective now!!! ;-; Oi, Bu Yeon ahh, give Naksu a dream about your memories, or trigger an important memory to her!! DX

mwahahh i think they both aren't able to communicate, well at least not yet. It's like one soul at a time in that small body. Rather, Mudeok/Bu Yeon has a "life of her own", she easily comes in and out of Mu Deok/Naksu whenever she pleases. As it is,  Mu Deok/Naksu does not recognize So Yi when she saw her running past her in the market.

Kim Hee Soo:

mwahahh i think they both aren't able to communicate, well at least not yet. It's like one soul at a time in that small body. Rather, Mudeok/Bu Yeon has a "life of her own", she easily comes in and out of Mu Deok/Naksu whenever she pleases. As it is,  Mu Deok/Naksu does not recognize So Yi when she saw her running past her in the market.

Yeah. this makes things harder if we want her to be back as Bu Yeon too. If Bu Yeon doesn't do things herself as soon as possible, we still have a problem exposing So-Yi, and Jin Mu will make his move as he has control over Madam Jin.

Fujihara Tomomi:
Bu Yeon shouldn't be to see and stare at him like that, right? Even when he was fighting with Master Lee, her eyes were looking straight or down because she can't see. 

Not sure if she could see or not, but Bu-yeon senses energy.  Maybe I'm wrong and it was Naksu - but it was a very compelling scene and no specific dialogue to provide purpose or meaning.  I believe something major happened in the lake and it wasn't Naksu's energy surge, it was Bu-yeon - it is clear that Bu-yeon still retains her super sensitivity/energy.  

Also, it was Bu-yeon who was able to either "see" or "sense" that the jade inside the box was broken although "Naksu" had to rattle the box to confirm it.

Kathryn_51:
Also, it was Bu-yeon who was able to either "see" or "sense" that the jade inside the box was broken although "Naksu" had to rattle the box to confirm it.

Yes, that sure was Bu Yeon's power, but it somehow got into Naksu's vision as well.

Kathryn_51:
1. When Naksu tried to commit suicide (which would NOT be okay with Bu-yeon) by jumping in the lake, she felt the energy of the lake, unsheathed her sword and there was a powerful energy surge. Naksu believes it was HER energy surge, but I think it was Bu-yeon. Then Mu-deok was on the shore and pointed her sword at Jang Uk - then collapsed. I think that it was Bu-yeon's soul pointing the sword because Mu-deok didn't seem to remember that - she said something like: "I was able to unsheath my sword in the water" and Jang Uk replied that he had seen it - but he only saw her out of water.

OOoh, great memory! Yeah, I totally agree. Bu Yeon saved them from Nak Su's destructive self-pity, lols.

You know, the episode 10 water test makes even more sense. Nak Su finally coming to terms and embracing the body. Instead of approaching things from what she used to be, she's finally working with the body instead of against the body. Bu Yeon is not weak per se, Nak Su just want to be able to do things like she used to.

Kathryn_51:
After that, Mu-deok's personality became a bit kinder towards others, but not Jang Uk.

Yeah, every time there is some form exchange, Nak Su changes. Could it be that they are actually talking, like the scene they showed where they're both floating? Nak Su doesn't remember it probably because of Bu Yeon blocking some of her memories, she's trying to change Nak Su from being a ruthless assassin to someone who is more of an ally? Knowing who actually killed her father even helped greatly in changing Nak Su's targets … if Bu Yeon is targeting Jin Moo and the Queen, now they are aligned in their goals.

Fujihara Tomomi:

Not necessarily. Since Nak Su's soul is in her body, she can probably see just fine as well if she takes over control. Although that could also mean she can not see energies like she used to.

Or, maybe it was just an acting error. At least whenever we non-blind acting as a blind person, they always fix their eyes somewhere. I've met blind people and there are those who follow the direction of your voice with their eyes.

It could also be that Bu Yeon saw Jang Uk's energy, maybe confused too because the Lake is probably very similar to the ice stone and she probably thought it was Jin Moo again (if she does remember).

Fujihara Tomomi:
Yes, that sure was Bu Yeon's power, but it somehow got into Naksu's vision as well.

It's because Mu Deok touched a Jin relic.

I still think that Nak Su and Bu Yeon are cancelling each other's magic. Bu Yeon's sealing magic (a Jin specialty) is very powerful too, which is preventing any magic from leaking outside the body -- and only Master Lee was able to 'see' and detect.

So for example, when Nak Su jumped into the Lake, the energy of Nak Su surged and overpowered Bu Yeon; that's why she remembers unsheathing her sword.

Since Bu Yeon is also a mage, and she used the ice stone before, her magic also surged and took over the body and saved them from Nak Su's destructive self-pity. This is the part Nak Su doesn't remember, which Kathryn pointed out is more likely Bu Yeon at that moment.

Thus, when Nak Su touched the jade box containing the broken jade stone, since it is a Jin relic, Bu Yeon's magic surged. Since Nak Su is in control and Bu Yeon had no intention to take over the body, it was Nak Su who "saw" the energy emanating from it.

It's similar to when Nak Su stepped inside the territory of the Jin family. The moment she set foot, she sensed a powerful energy (to us viewers, we were shown the gate/portal) and Nak Su herself was confused, she doesn't understand what is happening because it never happened before even on her own body. What she did not realize was that Bu Yeon's magic is reacting and surging.

I think Bu Yeon was also aware at that these two moments and probably made sure to keep their, or her, energy under control because it wouldn't be good for them if someone else discovers what's so special about "Mu Deok"-they got lucky with Master Lee.

Speaking of Master Lee, I think he already knew, or at least have an idea what's so special about the body of "Mu Deok". When Jang Uk was missing after the AoS and everyone was suspecting he fell victim to it, Master Lee was very sure and calm when he said, "she will protect him". He was not referring to Nak Su but to the other soul inside Mu Deok, the energy he saw/detected twice in the mountain ("sleep walking" incident and when he was about to kill her).

And seeing that Nak Su also cares for Jang Uk; and the other soul is protecting the body; he is confident to leave them alone and the body won't go wild, eat someone's soul, or petrifying.

OOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! Thank you guys for explaining, I can look at things from a different angle now.

Crazy theory on how Naksu will get her body back:

Naksu's shirt was coloured blue and red.
UkieDokie has Yin and Yang each, which can be used to transform into Naksu's body by ice stone.
Maybe, true love is required to bear fruit from broken Yin and Yang jades. Only then, Naksu's body can be form.
Bu-yeon will get MD's body in control again. Well, it's her body.
Then, let Bu-yeon choose who she likes. Let the CP be a good ruler.
The end. Everyone gets a happy ending.
I am sleepy rn. See you all.
I hope someone writes beautifully based on this idea. XD

If this was a XianXia, I think they would have made Bu Yeon's  body being possesed by Seol Ran/the Priestess after she found the Ice Stone. And then the reason she saved Jang Uk from soul shifting would be because she recognized Seo Gyung's soul/energy in Jang Uk. ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

If this what really happened, I'd literally scream. I mean I still cant believe that Bu Yeon just lost her memories after she drowned 'cause she really looked like she knows a lot when she smiled while saving Jang Uk back in Ep8. ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Ennea:

If this was a XianXia, I think they would have made Bu Yeon's  body being possesed by Seol Ran/the Priestess after she found the Ice Stone. And then the reason she saved Jang Uk from soul shifting would be because she recognized Seo Gyung's soul/energy in Jang Uk. ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

If this what really happened, I'd literally scream. I mean I still cant believe that Bu Yeon just lost her memories after she drowned 'cause she really looked like she knows a lot when she smiled while saving Jang Uk back in Ep8. ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

WAHHAAHAH, this is like when Qin Mu was possessed by Bai Jue when he found the spear. He then pulled Hou Chi toward him and hugged her in front of everyone calling her Shang Gu. Imagine if this actually happened...... Kyaaa!!!! DX I can feel you!!!!

Fujihara Tomomi:

WAHHAAHAH, this is like when Qin Mu was possessed by Bai Jue when he found the spear. He then pulled Hou Chi toward him and hugged her in front of everyone calling her Shang Gu. Imagine if this actually happened...... Kyaaa!!!! DX I can feel you!!!!

And then when Shanggu finally remembered Bai Jue but then it was toooo laaaate ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ wait what if this would happen to jang uk ..... nooooo ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

so glad i wont be alone thinking about this lmao joke (༎ຶ ^ ༎ຶ)

Ennea:

And then when Shanggu finally remembered Bai Jue but then it was toooo laaaate ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ wait what if this would happen to jang uk ..... nooooo ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

so glad i wont be alone thinking about this lmao joke (༎ຶ ^ ༎ຶ)

Asssh assshhh, no no, it won't happen...right? hahahah, it's okay hahah at least I'm here to share the joke with you. XD