Kim Hee Soo:

i thought her sacrifice is her weak body heheh

Hmm.... I think her body being weak is because she doesn't have to fight physically. She can just use magic to do stuff instead of intense fighting actions. That would explain why she is weak physically, but powerful magically(?) is that even a word, lol? Even Seol-Ran was really graceful with her dance in ep 7, and we never actually see her and Bu Yeon fighting (physically with a sword) in any footage so far.

Kim Hee Soo:
Girl! S2 may be just as cool too! But then again they did said S2 may work as a back story for each of the family so each episode may be a standalone?

I really really REALLY hope S1 wouldn't end on a cliffhanger. If S2 is really a spin-off of other families, we have to have the conclusion of the whole story in S1's ending, or else it would be an unfinished storyline. If they try to pull the real ending in S2 then we would scream our heart out while waiting for it. ;-;

Fujihara Tomomi:

Hmm.... I think her body being weak is because she doesn't have to fight physically. She can just use magic to do stuff instead of intense fighting actions. That would explain why she is weak physically, but powerful magically(?) is that even a word, lol? Even Seol-Ran was really graceful with her dance in ep 7, and we never actually see her and Bu Yeon fighting (physically with a sword) in any footage so far.

I really really REALLY hope S1 wouldn't end on a cliffhanger. If S2 is really a spin-off of other families, we have to have the conclusion of the whole story in S1's ending, or else it would be an unfinished storyline. If they try to pull the real ending in S2 then we would scream our heart out while waiting for it. ;-;

I am with you chingu on the first part of the paragraph here so yeah being powerful magically has its perks? haha

But on S1 not being a cliffhanger..again..this is Hong Sisters..we know how she likes to string us! See specimens: Hotel Del Luna and Korean Odyssey. But I do hope they go back to their roots and see specimens:  The Greatest Love and Master's Sun.

BTW were you the one who asked how to tag someone in a comment? If you are, then you simply cut and paste the person's name into your comment, and it will look like you tag him/her. That way you don't have to quote her entire line.

Kim Hee Soo:
Now the question is, how is Mu Deok (who we are assuming is Bu Yeon's street name or name she picked up while at Sarri) weak? She is supposed to be magically strong and can sense life (which probably is the reason how/why she attracted Naksu's soul). Wait, could she be weak because she was a noblewoman hence no fighting training?

My guess is Bu Yeon can not use her magic outwardly because she's hiding herself. The Queen's gang thinks she is dead. Remember that scene in ep9 or 10 wherein Bu Yeon found the ice stone and started to use it? They asked her to give the ice stone to them but she refused. After that the scene went up to the skies as she activated the ice stone.

Possibly, they stabbed her at that point and threw her body to the water and left. They probably checked to see if she's really dead and confirmed it.

Maybe a few hours or days later, she went back to life. Possibly because she was able to absorb some of the ice stone-if that was her plan-or she was not yet exactly dead and someone saw her body and restored her to health.

Since the Jin magic is about hiding/sealing magic, she probably knows how to keep her magic undetected. So in episode 1, when Nak Su bumped on to her, since she can see energies also, she was able to sense the immense power of Nak Su. Remember that scene after she was bumped, instead of reacting immediately she paused as if thinking?

Then Nak Su used AoS. This is the reason why I'm suspecting Bu Yeon absorbed some power of the ice stone … she knew how to AoS works and she was able to absorb Nak Su's soul into her body.

Not only that, when Jang Uk was about to be transferred into another body, it was also Bu Yeon who intervened. Either Bu Yeon is far more powerful than the AoS spell or she absorbed part of the ice stone hence she can intervene during the AoS spell (as long as she's in the vicinity).

IM YourOnlyOne 
This is brilliant! So by this account, we are confirming that Bu Yeon herself is both magic and sorcery in one i.e. she is actually dead but brought back to life by her own magic and is able to still be magical by way of the AoS with Naksu hence the reason why she never surfaces until "nudged" in this case when she is back at Jinyowon (hence the energies moved when she went past the threshold) and was activated when Jang Uk was at the soul realm (she sense his good energy that needed to be protected - she is after all "too kind" according to So Yi).

Now my question to you is, what happened to our cute doggy Sapsali? Isn't he suppose to be following Master Lee where he goes now?

Naksu is Jin Buyeon’s alter ego?

Idk how this alter ego got a new body or how did it get out of Buyeon. But despite that, could it be plausible? These two women are very contrasting but they seem similar for some reasons. 

Just a random thought absolutely  without evidence HAHAHAHA

the mystery about the connection between buyeon and naksu is killiing me!!

Kim Hee Soo:
Now my question to you is, what happened to our cute doggy Sapsali? Isn't he suppose to be following Master Lee where he goes now?

Oh yeah! The dog disappeared. Hahahaha.

I think the next time the dog appears anywhere near Mu Deok, if its reaction is more unsure, then it means either Bu Yeon is getting stronger in protecting their identity; or they are merging into one soul.

For example, when the dog was first summoned, it saw Mu Deok then ignored her after it detected another. I think it's unsure what exactly Mu Deok is … maybe this is because the original soul is still in there.

wanderee:
Naksu is Jin Buyeon’s alter ego?

Not exactly. As of episode 10, the possibilities are for Bu Yeon / (real) Mu Deok (or maybe just call her Mu Yeon):

1. A reincarnation of the blind Jin who summoned magical rain from heaven (and how the ice stone fell) = Bu Yeon / Mu Deok.
  2. Same as #1 above but when she was reincarnated her soul split into two: Nak Su and Bu Yeon/Mu Deok.

As for Nak Su (or maybe we can just call her Mu Su):

1. The other half of the reincarnated soul of the first blind Jin (it's interesting that Bu Yeon and Nak Su can occupy the same body and not having any side effects)
  2. Or; an independent soul that happens to be as powerful as Bu Yeon so Bu Yeon absorbed her in episode 1 because she needs Nak Su.

One thing is for sure, now that Nak Su knows who should receive her revenge, her plans and Bu Yeon's plans are aligning: they have the same targets. At the same time, they both know they need to keep Jang Uk in check.

Somehow, Bu Yeon seems to know a lot of things. For someone as powerful as her, it does not make sense she chose to stay hidden instead of returning home.

Kim Hee Soo:
This is brilliant! So by this account, we are confirming that Bu Yeon herself is both magic and sorcery in one i.e. she is actually dead but brought back to life by her own magic

So far, yes. Something happened during that flashback when Bu Yeon found the ice stone, unsealed it, and used it.

Since the Jin Moo is sure Bu Yeon is dead, it means they stabbed her while she's using the ice stone. Either part of the ice stone entered her unintentionally, or Bu Yeon was doing that hence they stabbed her. Or, someone just found her before she died, so Jin Moo isn't aware she's alive.

Something crucial happened but they don't want to reveal it yet. LOLs. They'll probably make sure our speculations are wrong hahaha.

Kim Hee Soo:
I am with you chingu on the first part of the paragraph here so yeah being powerful magically has its perks? haha

I can't see the word chingu the same way again after someone in the comment introduced a previous character played by the actress who also portrayed So-Yi in A Business Proposal. XD I keep laughing!!

@IM YourOnlyOne and Kim Hee Soo

I didn't think of her being confirmed dead, first, then got resurrected later theory. Knowing Jin Mu he wouldn't let a dead body remain unchecked. He kept asking Gil-Ju about Naksu's death when there was an incident with Mu Deok trying to sell Jang Uk's Songrim access plate. Therefore, It would be odd for him not to check her supposedly dead body. We didn't get to any blood when she fell into the water, or maybe because it hasn't come out yet? That's why I assumed she just got dragged with the current of the water and flowed to Sari Village.

Kim Hee Soo:

I cant remember in what episode ( maybe 7 ) but Master Heo Yeom is with the dog now in Sejukwon . 

He talked with someone saying Master Lee leave the dog there for him to feed and take care while hes in the mountain...if im not wrong. 

Kim Hee Soo:
Why is Mu Deok/Bu Yeon, up till the incident at Jin's and the temple soul swap with Gil Ju, not come up?
Ok, she probably came up in Jin's because like someone here pointed out, Mommy Jin said Bu Yeon's power can only be re-ernergised if she is back at Jinyowon but the temple is further away, so what triggered her surfacing?

I believe Bu-yeon has been there from the very beginning and if I'm right, we will see flashbacks to the following:

1.  When Naksu tried to commit suicide (which would NOT be okay with Bu-yeon) by jumping in the lake, she  felt the energy of the lake, unsheathed her sword and there was a powerful energy surge.  Naksu believes it was HER energy surge, but I think it was Bu-yeon.  Then Mu-deok was on the shore and pointed her sword at Jang Uk - then collapsed.  I think that it was  Bu-yeon's soul pointing the sword because Mu-deok didn't seem to remember that - she said something like: "I was able to unsheath my sword in the water" and Jang Uk replied that he had seen it - but he only saw her out of water.

After that, Mu-deok complained about her useless and/or weak body even more than before.

2.  At the cabin, when Master Lee tried to expel Naksu's soul (the one that the dog recognized as a soul-shifter), he was having trouble doing so and wondered where the "energy" had disappeared to.  Right afterwards, Mu-deok appeared on the cabin porch, but she didn't recall it the next day.  That was Bu-yeon - and Bu-yeon (blind girl) appeared to Mu-deok/Naksu - she was there and seemed to turn to Mu-deok as if to say "Hi, I'm here as well.

After that, Mu-deok's personality became a bit kinder towards others, but not Jang Uk.  

3.  In the mirror scene, it was obviously Bu-yeon's energy ("the blind girl) that broke the mirror. Mu-deok claimed it was HER energy, but she has none.  The mirror began to shake and the jars said "it's the blind girl" right afterwards.  It was Bu-yeon.

4.  Bu-yeon obviously showed up to save Jang Uk from the soul shift w/Gil-ju.  That shows just how much power she has.  It was a mesmerizing scene and I have no idea what it is intended to communicate except that at a minimum, Bu-yeon is protecting Jang Uk.

Between No. 3 and 4, Naksu frequently mentioned how "lucky" Jang Uk was - well, yeah - he's got a "Great Soul" protecting him!

She could have kicked Naksu's soul out of her body any time she wanted to do so - but instead she is keeping her alive - perhaps because it is the best way for Jang Uk to become Daeho's best mage or fully realize his destiny as the "heir" to Master Seo Gyeong? I don't know, but it's related to Jang Uk.

Fujihara Tomomi:
We didn't get to any blood when she fell into the water, or maybe because it hasn't come out yet? That's why I assumed she just got dragged with the current of the water and flowed to Sari Village.

Bu-yeon has a Great Soul with "almost divine" power.  The consensus seems to be that Jin Mu pushed her into the water and presumed her to be dead - but she somehow ended up in Sarin (Sari?) . . . . .  .just as Naksu ended up at the same village after disappearing under-water.

Kathryn_51:

Bu-yeon has a Great Soul with "almost divine" power.  The consensus seems to be that Jin Mu pushed her into the water and presumed her to be dead - but she somehow ended up in Sarin (Sari?) . . . . .  .just as Naksu ended up at the same village after disappearing under-water.

I thought both bumped into each other at Daeho's capital coz Mu Deok was supposed to be sold in the capital and Nak su was running away from the ice battle into the capital?

BTW love your observations of the little changes to Naksu and how Jung So Min was able to do all 3 characters and brought them out to life at different junctures! She's amazing!

All this while I keep seeing no-nonsense Naksu actually.  Her character is and has always been cold hearted and all her moves are calculated and selfish up till this point  (the only reason she said she loved Seo Yul and kept talking bad about Jang Uk to the Crown Prince is so that Jang Uk is protected, she needed Jang Uk to be strong again). She finally realised she wasn't just protecting  Jang Uk but was in love with him when she was left alone and missed Jang Uk and finally admitted to herself that the recruitment drive ad was her love letter.

Cau:

I cant remember in what episode ( maybe 7 ) but Master Heo Yeom is with the dog now in Sejukwon . 

He talked with someone saying Master Lee leave the dog there for him to feed and take care while hes in the mountain...if im not wrong. 

Ooh thanks! Ok, mystery solved then! I miss the little doggy!

Fujihara Tomomi:

I can't see the word chingu the same way again after someone in the comment introduced a previous character played by the actress who also portrayed So-Yi in A Business Proposal. XD I keep laughing!!

@IM YourOnlyOne and Kim Hee Soo

I didn't think of her being confirmed dead, first, then got resurrected later theory. Knowing Jin Mu he wouldn't let a dead body remain unchecked. He kept asking Gil-Ju about Naksu's death when there was an incident with Mu Deok trying to sell Jang Uk's Songrim access plate. Therefore, It would be odd for him not to check her supposedly dead body. We didn't get to any blood when she fell into the water, or maybe because it hasn't come out yet? That's why I assumed she just got dragged with the current of the water and flowed to Sari Village.

Haha i get what you mean about chingu! So Yi did a great job about it in A Business Proposal. I guess she got a chingu now? hahahha

BTW  Fujihara Tomomi that's now how you tag someone here (yeah this forum has a different rule about tagging). To tag someone you dont need to add @ in the front of the name, all you need is to go to the person's post and cut and paste the name (the one in blue) and paste it here like I did yours at the start of this paragraph.

Coming back to AoS, I am with you (as always!) about Jin Mu being thorough at his job. So probably the reason Bu Yeon is unrecognisable and that she took on Mu Deok's face/body is because of her "murder" by Jin Mu and that the ice stone transformed her look to protect her? But she remained blind and recognisable to the relics in Jinyowon. So maybe only the relics can see her true self? Just like the longing mirror?

Kim Hee Soo:
I thought both bumped into each other at Daeho's capital coz Mu Deok was supposed to be sold in the capital and Nak su was running away from the ice battle into the capital?

The capital of Daeho is within the "Fortress" - it is the Royal Palace plus, I guess, the top tier group of mages and I forget their name right now.

When Bu-yeon "disappeared" from Jin Mu, she somehow ended up near Sarin Village.  I don't recall the specifics, but she apparently lived with an old woman that died and "Mu-deok" was sold to pay the old woman's debts.  She was in a Sarin tavern when Naksu bumped into her.

Similarly, Naksu disappeared into the lake and appeared in the Village.

Sarin (Sari?) Village is not in the Fortress/Capital - we finally realized that in Ep. 9 when the pick-pocket arrived  - from Sarin - via a boat on the lake.