Hi, so I have never seen a C-Drama and I am just wanting some good recommendations for a first time watch ^^ 
I will watch any genre but I would like to know a little bit of what to expect from a C-Drama? 
Your suggestions are very much appreciated ^^

Oh man, I wish I could give you the best rec. Perhaps Cruel Romance, scarlet heart I & II or Love Me If You Dare. Ah, if you want clichés romantic dramas maybe waking up to love, moonriver, bromance, sunny happiness, my sunshine
My first was Love Me If you Dare, and I totally recommend it, it had a little bit of everything and the leads weren't too annoying, if you consider where girl coming from and take the guy as having low EQ, which was actually funny. Plus I really like the two additional characters, Wallace's friend and car. Good thing LMIUD was my first because now I'm watching are Boss and Me and it is good but super cheesy, i had to take a break because too cheesy but plan to finish because heard lots of good things about it. Plus LMIUD might be a good transition because it had more of the kdrama feel.
Already been suggested but I'd definitely recommend Love Me If You Dare, one of my favourite dramas :)
Battle of Changsha is SOOO good. Definitely worth checking out. 

Love Me If You Dare is a good one to go with too. 
I second this.

Battle of Changsha and Love me if you Dare. Both excellent dramas.
Cruel Romance
Love Me if You Dare

Thanks so much!!!!! <3 
I will start with Love Me if You Dare ^ ^ because everyone recommenced it. 
I PTW'd all of the others too ^ ^
For Mainland China
Battle of Changsha (everything about it..is so great) & Wallace Huo keke
Love me if you dare (i personally like the character of the female lead here, not the usual type of heroine.:) she's a breath of fresh air for me. :). + Wallace Huo is a great deal to watch for. :)
My Sunshine (Silent Separation) - this is the first Cdrama that i watch.. & literally introduce me to other Mainland Chinese dramas :) overflowing chemistry of both leads.:) Wallace Chung + Tiffany is Jjang. :)
Cruel Romance - watch it and get hooked :)

T Drama
Someone Like you (love the development of the feelings of main leads)
In Time with You - (one of my All time fav Tdrama)

Enjoy. :)
Prince of Lan Ling - one of my favourite dramas, I highly recommended it! 
Legend of Lu Zhen was the reason for my latest/first chinese drama marathon. It had everything a good historical drama about a successful woman needs AND the main lead is not annoyingly kind, forgiving, stupid... If she wants revenge then she won't stop until she gets it.

Scarlet Heart of course, you could call it a classic, it's really good and already mentioned above thus no further text needed ;)

Well and this is really old but at the same time a real real classic
Princess Pearl I & II - no words needed one of my favourite. A sassy princess, other princess and princes fun, drama, historical drama haha

This ones a personal favourite:
My Bratty Princess - If you tried Princess Pearl and liked it, you'll like this one as well

... wow all of them are historical dramas even though I'm not so fond of that genre, because they are rather long but I always feel at the end of the drama that it was epic and forget that it was stretched IF it was stretched.

For modern ones those mentioned above are also the ones I would recommend :) 
Love me if you dare is great one. If you end up liking that, try "Mars" after. Both drama gave me a similar emotional tingling inside. 

If you want more action and good plot, Nirvana in Fire (historic) and Black & White (modern) are both plot based drama with romance as a minor sideline. 

If your looking for rom-coms, good ones I would recommend would be My Sunshine, In Time with You, and Boos & Me.

If you are looking for something more recent and on air, Back in Time 1989 is a rom-com that is currently airing which I would highly recommend (am watching atm).
Legend of Lu Zhen

With You

Best Get Going

Boss & Me

Playful Kiss Taiwanese version starring Ariel Lin
I am currently watching Ode to Joy. I don't know why no one has mentioned it yet, because it is such a nice, warm feelgood drama with interesting and likeable characters. There's a bit of romance, and a little bit of business, and work problems, and it looks like someone is hiding something big from the main character... and mostly it's about friendship and, well, life. I'm almost halfway through and I've enjoyed it so much from the start.

My favourite (Chinese) drama so far is definitely Nirvana in Fire. It's a masterpiece.

The first Chinese drama I watched was Sound of the Desert and I loved it sooo much.I might be biased now but I think it's a great first Chinese drama! ;) It has a little bit of everything, I think. I also enjoyed The Disguiser. 

One Chinese drama that I dropped was Boss & Me, but that just goes to show that we all have our own taste, I guess. I just didn't find it as "cute and fluffy" as it had been described to me. 
Taiwanese Dramas: It Started With A Kiss, In Time With You, Down With Love, Marry Me Or Not
Mainland China Dramas: Boss & Me, Love Me If You Dare, Love Through The Millennium, Whirlwind Girl 1, My Amazing Boyfriend