Legal Mavericks 

I find most of the dramas I want to watch on KissAsian. ads are annoying, but they have a good library of dramas with subs. 

Also yeah 100% Nirvana in Fire for great story telling and acting and what not. Depending on how invested you are, I'd also throw in:

Legend of Zhen Huan (Ancient imperial - available on Youtube with subs and KissAsian (and a bunch of other places))

Rookie Agent Rouge (1940s China/Japan War time - Netflix and Viki)

Eternal Love (Wu Xia/Xian Xia but very heavy on romance/relationships - Youtube, KissAsian, and honestly probably everywhere by now)

Not as complex as Nirvana in Fire, but check out the trailer for When a Snail Falls in Love. I think it might interest you. The story follows a team of criminal investigators / profilers as they pursue an investigation that becomes international in scope. The FL is talented but a rookie, and she needs to pass her physical in order to stay with the team despite being tiny and slow (that plus her personality gets her compared to a snail). The story focuses on her and the team captain, whose bearing and personality are compared to a lion. There is a little bit of romance, but despite the title the main genre is more of an action / crime thriller drama. 

AH:

Not as complex as Nirvana in Fire, but check out the trailer for When a Snail Falls in Love. I think it might interest you. The story follows a team of criminal investigators / profilers as they pursue an investigation that becomes international in scope. The FL is talented but a rookie, and she needs to pass her physical in order to stay with the team despite being tiny and slow (that plus her personality gets her compared to a snail). The story focuses on her and the team captain, whose bearing and personality are compared to a lion. There is a little bit of romance, but despite the title the main genre is more of an action / crime thriller drama. 

Wow that show loks really good. Thanks for suggestion. Actually i watched a ot of historical/fantasy c-dramas. I wanted to watch a little bit more modern drama. Thanks again.

I watched a lot of CDrama but most of them are not deep in fact mostly cheesy xD if you want a real "deep" drama my suggestions:

1. Nirvana on Fire (historical and the best so far, if you like it try Advisor Alliance)

2. Battle of Changsa (Japanese Era)

3. Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan (another historical drama with harem)

4. Love Me if You Dare (modern adapted from novel, if you like it perhaps you're gonna like the other dramas from the same author ie When a Snail Falls in Love, Memory Lost..all about crimes but among all Love Me if You Dare is the best).

5. The Surgeons (worth to watch if you curious about doctors' life in Beijing).

when a snails falls in love 

this is really a good drama

Nirvana in Fire

Battle of Changsha

The Disguiser

I want to un-recommend Eternal Love and The Journey of Flower; those are not "deep"...

Almost everyone suggests the same things. I watched Battle of Changhsa. Really good drama. I have to watch the other shows some other time. Thank all of you.

The Advisors Alliance

How about Auntie Duohe? The acting is excellent, and the story is deep.  

Also, it's on Netflix!

ihatebutterfingers:

How about Auntie Duohe? The acting is excellent, and the story is deep.  

Also, it's on Netflix!

I wanted to thank you for recommending this drama, otherwise it would have flown completely under my radar. Now it's one of my favorite dramas, cheers!

Good acting / good dialogues:

Prince of Lan Ling

Love Me If You Dare 

Lucky days

Sound of Colors 

Romance in the rain

sparrow

Le Jun Kai

Nothing gold can stay ( warning about the ending!)

Good story / good effecs:

Wu Xin: The Monster Killer 

The mystic nine

Medical Examiner Dr. Qin

Jay:

I wanted to thank you for recommending this drama, otherwise it would have flown completely under my radar. Now it's one of my favorite dramas, cheers!

You're welcome! 

tarkan-san:

Thanks for all the suggestions. But i wish all c-dramas would be subbed.

i'm wishing the same thing. I see so muuch potential in c dramas....but then hey...half of them are off limits cause they ain't subbed