since there have been a lot of chinese dramas recently (from 2017-2020) which can be a bit overwhelming, I was wondering if someone could help me filter and suggest THE BEST ONES?

although I would prefer a romance-heavy drama, I'm also okay with dramas with romance only as subplot (e.g. drama or action-focus), AS LONG AS its romance is solid and satisfying (if possible, don't go with dramas that are too frustrating please!)

lastly, I'm fine with both modern and historical/wuxia dramas so feel free to share your favorites below!!!

Hi! I'd say The World Owes Me A First Love (alt title Lucky's First Love, 世界欠我一个初恋 ) is rly romance heavy. My Girlfriend (我不能恋爱的女朋友 ) as well. Our Glamorous Time (你和我的倾城时光 ) has a lot of love story as well. Hope these were somewhere close to what you were looking for :-)

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO

FAIRYLAND LOVERS

MOONSHINE AND VALENTINE

MY SUNSHINE

GANK YOUR HEART

FLIPPED

HERE TO HEART 

Hi! I love romance heavy dramas too! Here are some that I  watched. Probably you watched some of them already, some are better than other ones.

Do yo like K-dramas too?

C-dramas:

Go Go Squid

Here to heart ( this was my first C-drama, since then , I fall  in love with Asian drama, I loved how much ML love the  FL)

love better than immortality ( I love this one)

love is deep

love by hypnotic

my mr mermaid

my neighbor can’t sleep

Pretty li hui shen ( I really like this one too)

unrequired love ( I love this one)

Romance of Hua Rong ( love this one too)

Put your head on my shoulders

(My first C-Drama)

Le Coup de Foudre (high school-college-working life)

Go Go Squid (college student x manager of an esports team)

The Story of Ming Lan (historical)

These dramas are all really different than each other but all of the romances are satisfying in them. I recommend Ming Lan the most personally, but it depends on what you're in the mood for.