Bu Bu Jing Xin MDL link

Synopsis:
Through a car accident, Zhang Xiao traveled back in time into a body of one of her previous reincarnations, a 16 years old aristocratic Manchu girl, Maertai Ruoxi, living in the Qing Dynasty. Although she knows she should not get involved in palace intrigues over the succession to the throne, she inadvertently becomes a pawn in the struggle, because she could not help but love someone, and others came to love her. Based on the novel Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心) by Tong Hua 桐华

Is anyone else watching this [other than Lis :p]? I'm 6 episodes in and am already loving it! My first Chinese drama and it's definitely addicting (:
The great Chinese drama, i'm watching the vids until 26 in eng sub, but the raw i have finished to ep.40 :D
I love the 14th Prince & 4th Prince are so gorgeous.

This version compares to Jade Palace Lockheart (Gong) (C-Drama) great, Gong is much more funnier, but more pain. I love the 8th Prince & Qing Chuan (main actress).

Startling by Each Step is lighter, but deeper in romance. I love the custom-made flowers tea cups d(^_^)b, much better in costumes. Using many special effect background, i suggest the special effect team should create more nicer effect like in Princess Hours (seamless effect, even though there's special effect, but the viewers didn't even notice, looks real).
Part 1 Interview of the Main Cast of Bu Bu Jing Xin on Back Story

A few weeks ago, Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Yuan Hong, and Lin Geng Xin recorded segment for a talk show called Back Story (which means the story behind the scenes).

1. Nicky turned down the role of 4th Prince once, but after reading the entire script he was so moved he accepted a role that required him to shave his head.

2. Nicky thinks that usually it’s princes who switch ladies, this is the first time a girl gets to switch from prince to prince. The host thinks Liu Shi Shi really had it cushy with so many cute guys in love with her. Shi Shi replied that the story was so sad, that was perhaps the only perk.

3. Ling Geng Xin says his personality is close to 14th Prince, direct and emotional. Nicky chastised him for being aligned with 8th Prince, when really 14th Prince is the full brother of 4th Prince. Lin Geng Xin said his character didn’t dare to like Ruo Xi until only after she ended things for good with 8th Prince. He teased that all the princes like twenty-something Ruo Xi, but when she was in her thirties, no one wanted her anymore and then dumped her on him. As the youngest male in the cast, Lin Geng Xin confessed to being the butt of practical jokes, such as falling asleep during filming and waking up to discover someone put a slice of dried mango in his mouth and then everyone whipped out their cellphones to take pictures with him in turn.

4. When Yuan Hong was asked about his 13th Prince’s relationship with Ruo Xi, he explained they are the rarest of rare genuinely platonic male-female relationships. Both he and Liu Shi Shi, who have known each other the longest and worked together on multiple projects (6 and counting), feel like they have achieved that kind of friendship in real life. The host decided to bring up their role as the ill-fated famous lovers Yang Kang and Mu Nianci in Legend of the Condor Heroes.
It’s well known that Liu Shi Shi gave her real life first kiss to Yuan Hong, since the first kiss between their characters onscreen happened to be her real life first kiss. She was hoping the Director would film it so they didn’t have to really kiss, but the Director insisted it be real. When she heard that, she burst into tears, so Yuan Hong had to comfort her and calm her down.
Yuan Hong said that if word got out that Yuan Hong, while filming in Heng Dian (it’s the Hollywood of C-dramas), made an actress cry, then he would never be able to live it down and work in this town again. Yuan Hong teased that Shi Shi’s mother normally loves chilling with him. But when it came time to film that scene, he saw through the windows this dark figure watching the entire sequence being filmed, that person being Shi Shi’s mom.
Yuan Hong confessed that he was quite nervous during the first kiss, only because he knew how upset Shi Shi was at giving her first kiss onscreen, so the director had to yell at him repeatedly to stop shaking and just kiss her!

5. When asked by the host which actor they consider having the most “guy-like” attitude, Nicky and Yuan Hong both wrote down Shi Shi’s name. Nicky thinks Shi Shi is like a tomboy, with a man’s ability to not be too sensitive about things and be very open and direct. Yuan Hong described Shi Shi as being the hardest working of the bunch, always the first on set and the last to leave, with a can-do attitude that makes him feel she is unafraid of anything.

6. When asked which actor makes each person feel like they have to be anxious and careful around, i.e. each step is fraught with tension, Nicky wrote Shi Shi, telling everyone not to be fooled by her demureness onscreen. Shi Shi discovered that Nicky was really ticklish, so she constantly tickled him, especially once they finished a scene. So he ended up walking around her so his back wouldn’t be facing her. Lin Geng Xin says the person he’s most cowed by is Nicky, as the eldest of the bunch and a former idol famous on the Mainland. Nicky would often improvise scene placements which would leave Lin Geng Xin flustered because he’s more inexperienced as an actor.

7. The third question for the gang is “who has the most motherly love” and everyone picked Nicky! Apparently he constantly took care of the cast and crew on the set, especially since they were filming in the bitter Winter cold.

Source: http://koalasplayground.com/
Xie Xie ni Yoona, thanks for the links & info. I love reading the articles \(^_^)/
Whoever has finished watching Startling by Each Step, may wondering .....
Here is the epilogue from the novel by the author Bu Bu Jing Xin, Tong Hua: http://koalasplayground.com/2011/10/05/summary-of-the-additional-epilogue-for-bu-bu-jing-xin-the-novel/#more-15792

(Thanks to: A Koala's Playground)
I'm on Ep 26 and this drama is starting to ....not really bore...just it is not eventful in action sort of way....lol
Here is Startling's funny pics on set:

The article of casts & characters, + behind the scene: http://koalasplayground.com/2011/09/16/guide-to-the-princes-of-bu-bu-jing-xin/#more-14817

(cr: A Koala's Playground)
Haha I love the first picture!

I'm on episode 16 now, I like the drama - even though some parts definitely have a bad green screen and look fake haha
Crazy4You wrote: Haha I love the first picture!

I'm on episode 16 now, I like the drama - even though some parts definitely have a bad green screen and look fake haha

LOL, some parts do look fake.

I feel like a lot is happening and nothing at all at the same time....does that make sense?
LisNoir wrote: LOL, some parts do look fake.

I feel like a lot is happening and nothing at all at the same time....does that make sense?

It makes sense haha. It's like big events happen but it doesn't really feel like the main storyline has moved? I'm not where you're at yet so I'm guessing I'll be feeling that then
I was ok when I was on ep 16....But now it's like...please... death...fights...no? LOL
the funnier & the saddest + happy ending version is The Jade Palace Lockheart, but different lover to love.

Girls, you haven't seen the whole story yet, but it's kinda sad & funny to watch Startling by Each Step, overall i like this (^_^)b
Right now, I feel like I'm dragging a chain and am being put through Chinese torture.....I'm on EP 28 and need a break from this.....I have only seen one episode today. *sigh*
So, I'm watching episode 32 of the drama and I'm noticing scenes (what look like important ones) with a lot of missing subs. So, I keep mumbling to myself: "This is so not 99% subbed.." It isn't it's only 44% subbed. Episode 33 is even worse...It seems I will not be finishing this drama anytime soon...Unless I read spoilers and just skip 33 and 34, because ep. 35 is subbed...