Nicky Wu and Liu Shi Shi Win Best Couple at the Sohu Fall Television Awards
http://koalasplayground.com/2011/10/27/nicky-wu-and-liu-shi-shi-win-best-couple-at-the-sohu-fall-television-awards/

Three BBJX cast members bagged prizes, with Nicky Wu winning Most Popular Online Male Actor, Liu Shi Shi winning Most Popular Online Female Actor, and 14th Prince Lin Geng Xin winning Best New Actor. Best of all, Nicky and Shi Shi won best couple for their unforgettable pairing of 4th Prince and Ruo Xi.

Thanks a lot Yoona. Wow amazing! They won awards, but the photographers always took the pics when Nicky looked at Shi Shi aaww :D

NOTE: Info Shi Shi's first real kiss is on camera with Yuan Hong (The 13th Prince), so they are pretty close together. If you know the prank on SbES (BBJX) second writer by Yuan Hong disguise himself as Shi Shi with her Weibo account (Chinese Twitter), you'll be surprised with The 10th Prince + Nicky Wu. It's so funny, it happened while Nicky was recording BBJX but in far away location & it was late at nite. It's all bcoz of Yuan Hong hahaha :D
I really wonder how Yuan Hong can get into Shi Shi's Weibo ?

The evening dress looks great on Shi Shi.

Nicky's jacket, vest, & tie looks great, but not the jeans, why didn't he wear brown cloth trousers instead of the jeans...
Bu Bu Jing Xin Scene Recap: Ruo Xi Leaves the Forbidden Palace
by: A Koala's Playground http://koalasplayground.com/2011/11/23/bu-bu-jing-xin-scene-recap-ruo-xi-leaves-the-forbidden-palace/

A steady stream of escalating events have brought Ruo Xi to the point of no return. The woman radiant in love with the 4th Prince is gone, and in her place is a spectre of her former self. Li Gong Gong is dead, to protect 4th Prince’s right to the throne. Yu Tan is dead, punishment for her transgressions and a warning to 9th Prince. Ruo Lan is dead, finally at peace and able to find her long deceased lover in the afterlife. Ming Hui is dead, her desire to protect 8th Prince even to the very end. Ruo Xi and 4th Prince’s unborn child is gone, perhaps he/she was never supposed to arrive on this earth? Ruo Xi will never know. One thing she does know is that 4th Prince will never stop punishing the other princes for what they did to him and 13th Prince. It’s a never-ending cycle that only she can break. Ruo Xi makes her decision. She walks into a meeting between 4th Prince and 13th Prince and tells them calmly that she is here to reveal the truth.

It was not Ming Hui that caused the death of their baby, it was Ruo Xi herself. Despite 13th Prince’s warning for her to stop, Ruo Xi digs into the past that was so long ago it seems like multiple lifetimes. Back when 8th Prince was still just her brother-in-law, she told him to “beware of 4th Prince and his cohorts.” 13th Prince doesn’t believe her, how could she know back then? Ruo Xi says that she knows, she knows everything, even back then. She tells 4th Prince to go check with 9th Prince and 10th Princes, who were aware of what she said to 8th Prince.

Ruo Xi’s tears start to fall and she turns towards 13th Prince, apologizing for his ten year confinement, which was not caused by his enemies, but by his closest confidante. If she didn’t tell 8th Prince to beware of 4th Prince, then 8th Prince would not have set a trap for 4th Prince that ended up causing 13th Prince to suffer the consequences. Ruo Xi bows her head in abject apology while 13th Prince can only stare in shock. 4th Prince can barely conceal his emotions hearing all of this. Ruo Xi takes full responsibility for 13th Prince’s hardship and suffering, and it’s her rightful burden to bear for her own weakened physical state.

Even her and 4th Prince’s unborn baby’s death was caused by her. 4th Prince clenches his hand in rage. Ruo Xi continues, telling 4th Prince that while it appears on the surface that 8th Prince and his gang targeted 4th Prince, when in fact it was the woman he loved that set him up as the target. She tells 4th Prince that he’s hated the wrong people all these years. 4th Prince yells at Ruo Xi to be quiet! But Ruo Xi doesn’t stop, telling a crying 4th Prince that it’s all her fault. She is standing right in front of him now, the person he ought to hate. He screams at her to get out!

After Ruo Xi bows and leaves, 4th Prince just breaks down and cannot control his sobs.

Ruo Xi walks with 13th Prince in silence, but finally she clutches her chest and collapses.

Ruo Xi wakes up in her bed, with 13th Prince by her side. He tells her that she’s been asleep for a few days now, and has lost her voice from the stress. He smiles and tells her to rest until she’s better. Seeing how much he cares for her still, despite knowing her role in his suffering, Ruo Xi smiles wanly and mouths the words “I’m so happy.” 13th Prince smiles back, concurring that he’s also happy to have a confidante like Ruo Xi in his life. She grabs his hand and writes a few words on his palm, asking him to pass word to 14th Prince.

Ruo Xi asks him to tell 14th Prince that she is willing. He asks what that means, but then agrees to pass word without hearing her answer. He asks her to promise not to give up on herself. 13th Prince tells 14th Prince that Ruo Xi said she is willing. 14th Prince looks deep in thought, and when 13th Prince asks what Ruo Xi meant, 14th Prince says that everything is for Ruo Xi’s sake. He asks 13th Prince not to worry anymore.

4th Prince stands outside when the Empress joins him. The Empress reminds him that he hasn’t visited Ruo Xi in quite a long time, why does he torture himself this way. 4th Prince says the deeper he loves, the deeper the feeling of betrayal. The Empress explains that back then, Ruo Xi was not yet in love with 4th Prince, plus 8th Prince was her brother-in-law. How can he blame her now? 4th Prince wonders what he did many years ago that would cause Ruo Xi to warn 8th Prince? He can’t figure it out. The Empress explains that 4th Prince was always the most talented, of course he would be singled out as an opponent.

She tells 4th Prince that losing the baby must be a heartwrenching loss for Ruo Xi. Just like 13th Prince asked, 4th Prince needs to forgive and understand Ruo Xi’s sincere heart. 4th Prince does understand her sincere feelings for him, but he cannot understand how she can continue to hurt him in order to protect others.

[con't...]
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Bu%20Bu%20Jin%20Xin/vlcsnap-2011-11-22-23h13m24s106.png[/IMG]

As her horse drawn cart leaves the Palace, the camera pulls back and we see 4th Prince standing there watching Ruo Xi leave his side. His tears fall as the cart moves further and further away. He reaches behind his back and grabs his queue. He pulls it forward and looks at it, recalling how Ruo Xi used to grab his queue, the only person who dared.

4th Prince cries as he stands alone in the expansive corridor of the Palace, watching the only woman he has ever loved head off to marry another man. While Ruo Xi and 4th Prince moved mountains and bridged chasms to be together, in the end, they discovered there was indeed a bridge they could not cross.

[[I]as what Nicky Wu said this drama: The one & only drama that he acts in the Emperor cried a lot, cuz as emperor rarely cry in most dramas.
so tragic the woman inside the forbidden kingdom, once inside couldn't ever get outside; that's why Ruo Xi choose to be 14th Prince's consort to reside outside the kingdom to be free
I have finished the drama and I really cried in the ending . I just couldn´t stop to ^^ I can only recommend it to anyone who has just a glimpse of interest in the chinese history<3 In the end I loved all the actors that played in the Drama and it is definetely worth the long time watching it ;)
Mirichan wrote: I have finished the drama and I really cried in the ending .
I just couldn´t stop to ^^ I can only recommend it to anyone who has just a glimpse of interest in the chinese history<3
In the end I loved all the actors that played in the Drama and it is definetely worth the long time watching it ;)

I finished a few weeks earlier as well. :) I personally really enjoyed it, even though I felt like I was going to die from the anticipation (the plot was at such an intense standstill for so long!!). I actually restarted it, because I thought all the princes all had a depth that I didn't get to really pay attention to in the first watch-through. I think Tong Hua (the author of the novel) is very talented in this aspect.

I'm definitely looking forward to BBJX2, but I will lower my expectations for exactly that reason. xD
Wow..it took me three days but WOW...if I was a crier I would have cried. I think this is the same story as Jade Palace lock Heart which I started but never finished... This version is way better.
I've heard rumors that there's going to be a BBJX2, only that this will be in modern times. Is this true?
it's a good drama. I AM HAPPY TO PICK IN UP I am not engage myself usually with history dramas... because of number of episodes but this one is so good in some way I like it more that my other favorite Jewel in palace :)
Chifunii wrote: I finished a few weeks earlier as well. :) I personally really enjoyed it, even though I felt like I was going to die from the anticipation (the plot was at such an intense standstill for so long!!). I actually restarted it, because I thought all the princes all had a depth that I didn't get to really pay attention to in the first watch-through. I think Tong Hua (the author of the novel) is very talented in this aspect.

I'm definitely looking forward to BBJX2, but I will lower my expectations for exactly that reason. xD

I didn´t know there was a season 2- I will look forward o it as well. BUT like you said...I will need to lower my expectations for this reason beforehand:)
why why she didn't stay with 8th prince..
nuka wrote: why why she didn't stay with 8th prince..

I don´t know :( MAybe he was too nice and caring for her?
More BBJX(:

Ruo Lan (Annie Liu) on:

Damian Lau (Emperor Kangxi): Though they virtually have no scenes together, on set he?s very kind. What she found endearing about him was when they were doing promotions for BBJX. Before going on stage he would be very nervous and tell the rest of the cast, ?I?ve never been on a show before, you?ll need to save me later!? Though he?s such an esteemed, highly respected, and more experience professional, she found it cute when he asked them, ?Oh you need to help me later!?

Her own character, Ruo Lan: She feels as if Ruo Lan is a very entangled character, a balance between a Buddhist and an escapist. It?s not an argument of which one it is, but whether each one is either heavier or lighter in respect to the other. Only when Ruo Lan is with Ruo Xi is she more like a person. At this point in the story, she?s already dissolved, decayed as a human. For her horseback scene, she had to go take lessons. On her first ride, the director told her that what they had so far was unusable, as in all shots they took, her eyes were filled with fear. When she went for lessons, she realized just how horses would bully people, especially those who didn?t know how to ride them. But she does love animals.

Nicky Wu (4th Prince): From his gaze and the way people look at him, you get an older-brother feeling, a very warm look. He?s very caring towards everyone on set, staff and cast included. He?d bring in a big box full of snacks, and he and his assistant would pass them out. He offered, ?If there?s anything you want, go ahead and take it from the box,? so everyone would go and dig around in the box.

Qing Dynasty clothes: They?re very dense clothes, so they felt really stuffy. Compared to the Tang Dynasty?s clothes, Tang was more free for women. Especially when compared to present-day, girls are actually allowed to show at least their neck, so it?s much more free now than it was in the Qing Dynasty.

9th Prince (Han Dong) on:

Damian Lau (Emperor Kangxi): On the first few days, he was as little more uptight, where he?d put on his glasses and read, and when he had to shoot he would go shoot. After a while of calling him Teacher Liu (Like how we would call teachers Mr. Liu), he loosened up and had a good time. He is a very studious, hardworking professional. His attention to detail and pickiness with his own acting is something that I believe is important for the rest of us as professionals should learn form.

His own character, 9th Prince: Though people say he?s the bad guy, in reality there is no good or bad, only history?s perspective. For example, if 8th Prince were the emperor in the end, 9th Prince would be a very respected, highly honored man. But because in history it?s 4th Prince, history makes 9th Prince look like the enemy.

Nicky Wu (4th Prince): He watched his shows and listened to his songs growing up, so there was a high level of respect and a little starstrucked-ness. But after they got on set, he asked Nicky for his future guidance and care, so now they (along with the entire cast) get along very well. On set he has learned a lot from Nicky, both as a professional actor and as a person.

The director: He?d poke often about shoots that weren?t good, for example, ?We can?t use this shot! You?ve turned into a panda already!? (T/N: My best guess is that this is when Ruo Xi [or someone else] is getting wet/in the rain, and her makeup is running.)

10th Prince (Ye Zu Xin) on:

Annie Liu (Ruo Lan): She?s a very gentle lady compared to Ruo Xi (Cecilia Liu), who they all treat as another one of the guys. When they?re with Ruo Xi, it?s like ?Girl? What girl? There aren?t any girls here!? But when Ruo Lan comes, they?ll all go ???~~~!? (T/N: ?Ba sao? is translated to eighth sister-in-law).

Nicky Wu (4th Prince): He?s a man who treats his job like his life, as if there?s no distinction. In his private time he?ll be reading scripts, and on set he?s treating everyone with the same kindness. If the atmosphere isn?t that great, he?s the first to jump in and try to make things better. He?s a great moodmaker on set.
BBJX: Sina Interview It’s not the whole interview, just the parts that I like(: I adore the cast from BBJX very much. YuanHong: I envy all of them, most of all 8th. Nicky: Because he envies 8th for having 8th wife (Ruolan). YuanHong: They have a lot of emotional/love scenes, I don’t have. Nicky: You have. YuanHong: Very little. Nicky: You and me have love. (ROFL. Nicky’s hilarious. Indeed, they have a lot of bromance in BBJX). YuanHong: I forgot about that, sorry 4th brother. _____________________________________________ Host: We all know that Yang Mi has become very famous from Gong. Would you like to achieve her kind of results? LiuShiShi: This is not something I think about. We just hope our roles/performances are well received. Host: Would you feel disappointed if you don’t obtain Yang Mi’s level of popularity and fanbase? LiuShiShi: As long as people appreciate my performance, I’m fine. Nicky: You already obtained our appreciation. Kevin: Yes, very much so. Your performance was very good. (Awh, Nicky & Kevin are such sweethearts<3) _________________________________________________ Host (to LinGengXin): Besides 14th Prince, which other role would you have loved to play? Nicky: 8th wife. (ROFL.) Host: Is that so? LinGengXin: No, I’m not interested in my sisters-in-law. Host: They think you would like to play 8th wife. Nicky: We are joking. Kevin: It is for me. LinGengXin: I like Kevin’s role very much. (Awh) Host: You don’t want your sisters-in-law? Nicky: He’s thinking directly of his sisters-in-law. (ROFL. Nicky needs to stop. LMAO) LinGengXin: Each prince’s character is very interesting. 8th Prince’s character has a implicit gentleness. It’s not easy to describe - elegant like jade. I like this type of personality. Kevin: Are you? LinGengXin: I’m probably not. _______________________________________________ Nicky: This is a very happy production, everyone had great camaraderie, from Teacher Li (i.e. LGL) to each and every cast member, we often get together for meals, play. Besides the hard work put into filming, the rest of the times were relaxed, easy to laugh, get along. Host: They are watching you laugh, so you must be the leader. Nicky: I’m not. It is Yuan Hong. He often flirts with his sisters-in-law to help them with the emotional scenes. (LMFAO) YuanHong: It’s already so hard to film, it is difficult to cultivate emotions. So they often talk things out to relax. Sisters-in-law are down from so much hard work, so I often joke with them to lighten up the mood. Kevin: Thank you. YuanHong: But every time I chat up my sisters-in-law, 8th Brother will glare at me, ‘what are you talking to my wife about?’ (LMFAO!!!) ____________________________________________________ Host: If you were to choose a boyfriend in reality, Yongzheng (4th Prince), 8th Prince, 13th, 14th, which one would you choose? We look at these characters from the view of a modern person. LiuShiShi: I won’t choose any. Kevin: You should choose Wang Xi. (LMFAO) Nicky: You should choose the Eunuch. (Lmfao) Host: What’s your reason for not choosing. LiuShiShi: Court men are too complicated. YuanHong: I’m not complicated. (LMFAO. He would say that!) LiuShiShi: The only one not complicated is 13th. YuanHong: But you did not choose me. Use your point of view, not Ruoxi’s perspective. LiuShiShi: My favourite is 13th Prince. Host: Why didn’t Ruoxi fall in love with 13th? LiuShiShi: There is actually a scene discussing this issue. YuanHong: I just asked her what she would choose in her life. Her life and Ruoxi’s life is not the same. When a man and woman meet, the types of feelings that develop, it’s either close friendship or love. Host: There’s a saying that if a guy is not a bad boy, a woman will not love him. YuanHong: 13th is not a bad boy. Host: So there won’t be love. YuanHong: Yes, there’s such a logic.
I finished this drama yesterday and yet I have an urge to watch it again! Such a wonderful series and all the actors were fantastic! I highly recommend it to everyone who has not seen it yet! the story is beautiful and the sceneries are very pleasant and delightful to see! I have to say the costumes especially the women's traditional attire were also lovely along with their head accessories!^^