Hello! Can I write an Ultimate Fan Guide of Kim Jiwon? I've been her fan since 6 years ago and since Queen of Tears came out, I thought that it would be the right time to make one. 

devitto:

Not a single editor supports the rule against articles about non-straight shows, and I sincerely doubt that anyone used children as an argument against LGBTQ+ articles. This rule precedes all active editors and we don't have any more info than any of you. 

This is an MDL-wide problem and not an article section-specific problem so I will stay out of the fights and further discussions, but please know that us editors are wholeheartedly on the "please don't discriminate against and please do allow LGBTQ+ content" side.

I, being gay myself, find it painful to enforce the anti-gay article rule and avoid doing so at all cost, something the admins are aware of - and this is why the only answer I will ever give on the subject is to please complain to them directly. I will certainly not try to justify having the rule and/or think of reasons why it may have been created. 

According to Aoi (one of the Community Managers), the anti-LGBT article rule doesn't exist (see this post).

Do you have proof that the rule exists? For example, a screenshot of a conversation with the admins?

* ARTICLE WRITING DISCUSSION *

So, today a forum topic was opened, and it had many topics within it, but I have learned a few new things that are going to affect the MDL community in the future. For further details, please contact admins directly, because the following words are only me paraphrasing what I have learned today, and they are open to the public to view.

As of now, only a limited number of people have the “writer” role, which means they can themselves create drafts for their own articles. Those who do not have the “writer” role need to ask editors for a draft and give them a brief explanation of what they want to write. Newbie writers who haven’t written any articles before need a co-author to even ask for a draft. In the future, only those who have the role of “writer” are going to be able to write articles; the broad users of MDL (such as myself) won’t be able to write articles anymore (mainly editorials).

When asked why writers cannot write articles that talk mainly about LGBT TV series or movies, we were told that there is no such rule, but at the same time, we received the following statement: “The rule about following guidelines to maintain article neutrality should still apply, including specific topics.”

In my understanding, this means that indeed LGBT articles won’t be allowed to be written, and other than that, as I already stated above, only a very limited number of MDL users are going to be allowed to write articles.

This whole exchange can be read alone here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/123961-why-was-my-post-on-the-suggestions-forum-deleted?page=1

As I said, this is only me paraphrasing the news; for further details confirming this, ask the admins, but for now they remain unresponsive to many MDL users who contribute to the article section.

Aoi Community Manager

Please stop spamming as i have received reports about it.  Again, there is no such rule; I never mentioned anything about disallowing it.

Aoi:

Please stop spamming as i have received reports about it.  Again, there is no such rule; I never mentioned anything about disallowing it.

I have only posted about it here, and on Feeds - literally nowhere else, why is this spamming? I even said that for further details to ask admins and not me because I am only paraphrasing it. Why do I feel that you are trying to silence the community about this topic? You yourself closed the support ticket because it was a discussion and said to talk about it somewhere else. THIS is an article forum, so why can't we post about article related stuff? 

Aoi:

Should I post the screenshots as a proof that it is happening? I get it, you keep mentioning the rule doesn't exist, BUT we do recieve stop sign from editors. Like, is this spamming? Is spamming wanting to get to the real truth and how it truly works? I messages admins through email (no response) I messages them here on MDL (no response) who can I talk to when editors claim to not know anything about it other than that is ISNT allowed, and admins do not care? 

Aoi:

According to devitto, LGBT articles are not allowed, based on a rule created by the admins.

Are you calling devitto a liar?

Screenshots from 2 years ago, BUT I do have recent screenshots as well. Once again my main goal is to get to the truth, nothing else! MDL community has right to know if they can or cannot write articles! The MDL Guidelines for Articles is outdated and the editors do not comply by it, so? The whole excel sheet is outdated, so please, can we have a civil talk without name calling anyone, like you saying I am a spammer? 

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/V6eaJ2U

mjf314:

According to devitto, LGBT articles are not allowed, based on a rule created by the admins.

Are you calling devitto a liar?

That's the thing, it is an open secret among editors, it ain't only devitto but many others as well. Honestly, if my account gets deleted (because by guidelines they can do it without any reason) than know this is the reason LOL. 

Aoi Community Manager

You can; I'm just informing you that you posted in multiple places such as MyBooks, and your post was reported. I want to clarify that you took out of context the fact that I did not mention disallowing it. I do not want to turn the support ticket into a discussion. My apologies; this should have been a private message.

Aoi:

You can; I'm just informing you that you posted in multiple places such as MyBooks, and your post was reported. I want to clarify that you took out of context the fact that I did not mention disallowing it. I do not want to turn the support ticket into a discussion. My apologies; this should have been a private message.

Aoi I posted in the book section because it is essentially a topic about writing - thus having it in the book section does look adequate to me. If you think that I took it out of the context could you yourself, by your words explain what does sentence, “The rule about following guidelines to maintain article neutrality should still apply, including specific topics" mean? Because when I read "including specific topics'' it did ring a bell in my head that you mean LGBT. Could you elaborate on that? I am really only trying to gain valid info for further writers including myself. Should I stop writing? Will my articles (more than 25) be deleted? This is very serious topic. 

Aoi Community Manager

I'm sure your articles will not be deleted. I would love to provide you with an answer, but I don't have enough valid information for it.

Aoi:

I'm sure your articles will not be deleted. I would love to provide you with an answer, but I don't have enough valid information for it.

Could you tell me which person other then Skye, Ji-N, and support email I can go to and ask these questions? 

Aoi Community Manager

There are only two. Skye is no longer actively involved with the site. Ji-n is only on the tech side. My job is to keep things running.

Aoi:

There are only two. Skye is no longer actively involved with the site. Ji-n is only on the tech side. My job is to keep things running.

Ji-N has said that these type of things are not his forté and to seek out someone else. You said that Skye is no longer actively involved with the site. Who does it leave me with? 

Who is in charge of article section that I can speak to, other then editors who have 0 clue about what is going on and obey admins.