Would anybody be interested in beta reading a Liar Game (Japanese) fanfiction? It's a work in progress-- I'm on Chapter 3-- and it'd be helpful to have somebody to bounce ideas off of to keep it going. I haven't written much for the last couple of years (though I've written a lot in the past for a couple of other fandoms; railise on AO3/FFN), so I'm a little rusty and also a little nervous trying to tackle a new fandom. :P The fic is set between Final Stage and Reborn, potentially with references to both seasons, so a beta would need to have seen those. Also, I'm fine with spelling and usually with grammar, but words get away from me once in awhile, so it'd also be good if I could get help smoothing out a sentence here or there as needed. Bonus points for knowledge of Japanese language/culture, but it's not necessary.

If I can get a beta, I'll start posting up chapters as they're finished. :) (Otherwise, I'll wait until the whole thing's done to put it up, since I don't work as quickly on my own and don't like frustrating readers.) If anyone's interested, you can reply to this post or message me.

Thanks!! :) :)

Just saw this post. I would do this but I haven't seen Liar Game. Back in the day I used to beta Harry Potter fan fiction (yes, really....it may or may not have been slash fics, lol)
@asliceofkate *whispers* What pairings?

It's been a long time since I saw Liar Game, so I can't help here. But I'd love to beta a J-drama fanfic... Somebody please write some fic for my fave dramas~.
@femmedesneiges lol :) I did what I had time for and what was needed, though it was mostly Harry/Draco (with REALLY non-cannon personalities)
asliceofkate-- Weeeelllll, of course I recommend the show if you haven't seen it, lol. ;D But thanks for replying, at least!! <3

femmedesneiges-- Looking at your profile, the only show I've seen is Nobuta wo Produce (for which I would love to read fic! But idk if I could write it)... I do wish there were more fics for J-dramas. :P
@kate Harry/Draco never really made sense to me. I was all Draco/Hermione. :P

@Railise I wish I could write Nobuta fic! I can write, but I lack imagination. :( But feel free to ask if you ever need a beta for something I feel more confident with. Most dramas I'd be willing to rewatch, but I didn't really enjoy Liar Game, and I don't think it would be fair to you and your fic if a non-fan betas it.
@femmedesneiges lol, that's because it makes no sense whatsoever! It was mostly either jealous, possessive Harry with timid, nice Draco or (much less often) the other way around.

@Railise Well, I've been looking for a J-drama to replace Gokusen 3 when I finish it to break up all the K-dramas I've been watching. Plus I ❤ you. So I will watch a little bit of this later on tonight and let you know if I can be helpful to you if/when I finish it.

I think people who write fan fics are cool. :) I wish I was creative in that way, but I can never come up with any good ideas.
@femmesneiges -- So, I would've replied before work today, but this made me actually look up Nobuta fic on AO3, and there's some decent stuff! I didn't have time to explore a whole lot of it, but the couple that I read were good. :) I'd be willing to tackle a fic for it at some point, but I loooved the weird/semi-paranormal-type stuff that kept happening in the series, and would want to incorporate something like that... I'd have to give it a lot of thought. But yeah, totally agreed that a beta should probably be a fan of what they're reading (or at least neutral; not having enjoyed it wouldn't be good for anyone); and I'll letcha know if I write for something on your list! :)

@kate -- I hope you enjoy it!! It's a little OTT (okay, a lot, lol), but it works within that world and is a lot of fun. Plus, Shota Matsuda, which is a total selling point in my opinion, lmao (even though he's quite young in it). Gokusen's been on my to-watch list for ages now; are you liking it?

That may have been the first time I fit into anyone's definition of "cool," hahaha! Ideas can be tricky, though; this fic is breaking a three-year dry spell for me because nothing's really grabbed me until now. 
@Railise I watched the first episode, and while it is way more dark/suspenseful than what I usually watch it had me on the edge of my seat! I'm going to watch more tonight :) It's my first Matsuda Shota drama except Hana Yori Dango, and it's been so long since I watch that I don't even remember him in it.

The first season of Goksen was really enjoyable. The casting for Yankumi is spot on as well. The 2nd and 3rd seasons are not as great, but still ok. There are episodes here and there with really good/interesting/touching stories, but it feels like the episodes have a formula. Similar jokes and similar characters rehashing similar problems. But if you like the first season I see no reason not to watch the others, I would just watch them later when they would feel more fresh.

Another show with a similar vibe is Tumbling. The premise looks really dumb, but I actually found it very powerful and touching.
Glad you're liking it!! :) It's a tough one to stop between eps, since they do leave you on cliffhangers almost every time. Matsuda Shota is the main reason I watched the entirety of HYD, lol. And really, I'd absolutely recommend most of what he's done, especially since he chooses very different characters-- so you're almost never watching him play the same type of character you've seen him play in other roles. (Also, he's not exactly hard on the eyes, lol.) But, I probably don't even need to have said that I'd recc most of his stuff, so I'll move on... ;)

You're not the first person I've seen say something like that about Gokusen. I guess the important thing is that it managed to stay entertaining even if it didn't stay fresh, necessarily, right? That's kind of how I felt about S2 of GTO-- it wasn't as good as S1, but I still liked watching it. Tumbling looks good; added to my list! :)