Hi Nina! I don't mean to thread jack but I saw your avi in another thread and wanted to say... I LOVE IT! I figured since this is the 'arts and graphics' thread it would be okay! ;)
Hi Jeaniessi... you do? Thanks. Sleepy, c4u, and I are honoring our nicks this week :) My Nina is from Nina Simone.
Everyone here is so talented! I can draw stick figures! It comes in handy when I play hangman. ;) Beautiful artwork everyone!
[QUOTE=Sleepninja;213361]lol Ninajade was selling herself short. I've seen her other pieces and they are amazing. /me is contemplating grabbing them from her blog and displaying them here for her. "helping" yeah that's what I'll call it. :p

LoL DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! ^-^
i would love to see more wonderful art work of hers. :3
@NinaJade82 haha it always great when you have a professor that doesn't hate you. Thats called luck! i bought oil paints months ago i've never even used them some how i know i'm going to suck at it lol i think i'll stick with pencil.
PinkDiamond wrote: I think maybe a week or so, but we also had to draw floor plans, do research and display boards. We also had to contact the firm, Resolution: 4 Architecture, and get permission to replicate the plans and designs.

A pic of the house IRL (Mountain Retreat)

The last picture is indeed inspired by The Moon Embraces the Sun.

@Cookie: Yes, we finished the project on time! Phew! Barely! LOL

That house looks amazing!
XZeldaX wrote: [QUOTE=Sleepninja;213361]lol Ninajade was selling herself short. I've seen her other pieces and they are amazing. /me is contemplating grabbing them from her blog and displaying them here for her. "helping" yeah that's what I'll call it. :p

LoL DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! ^-^
i would love to see more wonderful art work of hers. :3

Haha XZeldaX, you can check them out here:
http://imwithoutwax.wordpress.com/illustrations-and-drawings/
And also here are new things I have done, I had them post in a different place. :)
http://imwithoutwax.wordpress.com/category/ars-longa-vita-brevis/
PinkDiamond wrote: NinaJ did you ever finish the birdcage?

It became some sort of Christmas ornament with a political message o.O
I have to update on the Challenge I know. I haven't done the last post. Ill get to it perhaps this Friday. And you can see what the final product was... one thing is certain! I WAS NOT AIMING FOR IT, but it sorta turned out like that. LOL.
NinaJade82 wrote: [QUOTE=XZeldaX;214367]

Haha XZeldaX, you can check them out here:
http://imwithoutwax.wordpress.com/illustrations-and-drawings/
And also here are new things I have done, I had them post in a different place. :)
http://imwithoutwax.wordpress.com/category/ars-longa-vita-brevis/

I really really really love "The Witch" i wouldnt mind having a drawing like that on my wall. :3
Sleepninja was right you did leave yourself short, There all amazing!
Here are some of m prints from printmaking class. These were done using linoleum blocks.

The ones for the two color are brighter in person. The camera dulled the colors a bit.

I don't have a fancy drawing to show but I was fooling around with PS and this came out:

I was pretty satisfied with the result ^^
XZeldaX wrote: [QUOTE=NinaJade82;215013]

I really really really love "The Witch" i wouldnt mind having a drawing like that on my wall. :3
Sleepninja was right you did leave yourself short, There all amazing!

Thank you Zelda :)
The Witch was drawn from a picture a friend took after coming from the Renascence Fair. She had painted her face at the fair, and it was slightly fading. She took that picture with her cell in the car, and I thought it was gorgeous, so I drew it and added the cape for witchy purposes LOL.

Sleepninja wrote: Here are some of m prints from printmaking class. These were done using linoleum blocks.

The ones for the two color are brighter in person. The camera dulled the colors a bit.

Sleepy had to cut your message short to fit all the pics in mine. Nway, I love your prints wow... do have more? I like the color ones best, but the black and white is also really good.

WINDSONG wrote: I don't have a fancy drawing to show but I was fooling around with PS and this came out:

I was pretty satisfied with the result ^^

This is really nice. I like it, I first thought it was a painting.
NinaJade82 wrote:

Sleepy had to cut your message short to fit all the pics in mine. Nway, I love your prints wow... do have more? I like the color ones best, but the black and white is also really good.

I have a couple of screen prints, but they weren't very good since I had to rush them. It would be fun to take the second Printmaking course, but it's not offered next semester. That's my last semester in a physical college, oh well.