Like I said, Im not good at depicting a dark theme. After watching the anime Monster, which has a German Children's Tale at the end as the credits, with a really sad song. I got inspired to do my own children's tale LOL... but it has no text so, its just pictures. :)

Its titled The Kite Dreamer.

And this is always a favorite drawing of mine. I did it a long time ago, and it has lots of imperfections, but I like the way it came out overall. Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop ^^
NinaJade82 wrote: Like I said, Im not good at depicting a dark theme. After watching the anime Monster, which has a German Children's Tale at the end as the credits, with a really sad song. I got inspired to do my own children's tale LOL... but it has no text so, its just pictures. :)

And this is always a favorite drawing of mine. I did it a long time ago, and it has lots of imperfections, but I like the way it came out overall. Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop ^^

Love your drawing its definitely Great! I once tried doing something like that and it was an epic fail. xD
Lots of really good drawings here, Almost feel bad for posting mine (:
Here is my drawing, I made it awhile ago.. Its an animestyled self portrait..
I'm not really an art major, But I did give it my best..
Yoroshiku-ne :D

NinaJade82 wrote: I like both drawings. The first one is really gorgeous, but the second one I like it more because it shows your skills better (ink is really hard to master, Im still trying to make my drawings look decent with it lol).
The shadow on the snow man is just perfect. It looks like a Christmas wrapping paper bought at the store. Its really good!! and was that with watercolor or acrylics?

The first one was done on regular computer printer paper lol I think if I had some water color paper or something that might be more helpful. It was fun to try it out, I haven't painted in years, and never with ink so it was a challenge. I should keep practicing though becuase I did enjoy it.

The snowman was done on a brown paper grocery bag with acrylics. So the brown sky is actually unpainted. In stead of painting the whole thing I decided to use the natural brown color of the bag and make sort of a sepia feel to the picture. I wrote the mailing address on the tag for the present lol
thanks for commenting! And good luck with your drawings as well!
peace
baka
NinaJade82 wrote: Like I said, Im not good at depicting a dark theme. After watching the anime Monster, which has a German Children's Tale at the end as the credits, with a really sad song. I got inspired to do my own children's tale LOL... but it has no text so, its just pictures. :)

These are both really cool. You do really well with shading, the different values of grey and the use of negative space. I am horrible with people so I really respect your ability.
peace
baka
nekoblah wrote: omg you got good calligraphy

I actually don't know calligraphy, so I just printed out the words I wanted and did an outline then filled it in, so I didn't use the correct stroke order or anything. Hopefully it doesn't look too bad lol
thanks
peace
baka
XZeldaX wrote:

I love time burton too! And the first one definitely has that sense of whimsy that you find in his work! Great expression!
The flower petals are well done! You have a great outline of the flower.
peace
baka
3minut3s wrote: Everyone's so good! :o Love the JGS drawing ^^
Here are some of my works :) (inspirits anyone? ;D)

I'm not really good at drawing people TwT I'm more of a graphic designer hehe ^^;
More works here. Please visit my website as well :X /advertisingmode LOL

The design of the first one is really cool. I like how you did the shadowing for the cracks!
The second one is well done also! I am really bad at people too lol they are really hard to do! I think you did a really nice job, everything seems well proportioned and I really like the way you did the hair.
thanks for sharing
peace
baka
PanicInParadise wrote: So many talented people here ^^
I`m more into digital drawing~

How did you do this?? this is really quite breathtaking! I am completely jealous of the way you use your colors for shading and 3d effects. Really well done.
thanks so much for sharing!
peace
baka
VioletSakura wrote: Thanks a lot ^^

I love how just a line can be sooo expressive! This was one of the reason I was first drawn to manga. The way just a few strokes can turn white space into something completely different.
Great works
thanks for sharing
peace
baka
Here are some pen and pencil drawings that I have done.

This is the only picture of a person that I have done that I like. I somehow got lucky with this one and it worked out ok. Usually my people are horrendous! This is a young Kenyan girl with an infant on her back. (pen and pencil)

My Jiji as a puppy - pencil drawing

Jia as she is now 10 years old~ (pen)

My other dog Jin - also 10 ~ (pen)

Thanks for checking them out.
Sorry to post again, hope that's ok.
peace
baka
XZeldaX wrote: Love your drawing its definitely Great! I once tried doing something like that and it was an epic fail. xD

Thank you. It was my first time working with ink, and also doing an illustrated story. I have gotten a bit better, but ink is hard to master so there are lots of techniques to learn hahaha... Im still working on it ;)

MonjaElisa wrote: Lots of really good drawings here, Almost feel bad for posting mine (:
Here is my drawing, I made it awhile ago.. Its an animestyled self portrait..
I'm not really an art major, But I did give it my best..
Yoroshiku-ne :D

Don't feel bad for posting anything you do here, this thread is for those who love art, and art is always welcome no matter what is your skill level. In fact, doing a yourself in manga style is really, really hard. I tried doing the same thing a few years ago, and it came out somewhat different from manga hahaha... some people think manga is easy to do, but its not actually. You did a good job with yours :)
Thank you bakakokoro :) For that drawing in particular I used the picture of an Asian model for reference so I knew where to place the shadows hahaha... I work with no less than 3 pencils to get that different tone going, but I know some of us like using one pencil and doing the three tones with it. It works either way :) Was that ink on the first drawing you posted, calligraphy ink? Because I know the paper for calligraphy is somewhat thinner than the one used for drawing ink or printmaking. And yeah, your snowman is really good. :) I cannot re-post all your drawing if I wish to post this comment ^^ but I liked all of them. My favorite though is the girl, you did pretty good job on it.
@NinaJade82 i'm sure if you continue practicing you will master it quick. i mean your drawing are already great with more practice they will look awesome! ^-^ i can only draw with pencil and pastels. i tried painting but i suck using a brush lol
bakakokoro wrote: Here are some pen and pencil drawings that I have done.

This is the only picture of a person that I have done that I like. I somehow got lucky with this one and it worked out ok. Usually my people are horrendous! This is a young Kenyan girl with an infant on her back. (pen and pencil)

My Jiji as a puppy - pencil drawing

Jia as she is now 10 years old~ (pen)

My other dog Jin - also 10 ~ (pen)

Thanks for checking them out.
Sorry to post again, hope that's ok.
peace
baka

i really love the dog you did, its looks amazing! ^-^