Hi,

I am currently reading the novel and decided to do some comparission between the two. I am going to update as soon as I watched all EPs and read all chapters for the door.

If I am mentioning some person from specific door ("player") their initials are in cursive.

Please note that spoilers might appear (novel spoilers are a must)!

Main spoiler for the novel's 1st Door: Ruan Nan Zhu likes to crossdress and he posses as a woman, so if I write it's not RNZ then [insert name] it means it's him but crossredresing.

Door 1 (EP01-07, 08; CH01-13, 14-17):

• no game that starts it all, we start when they are already inside + met
  • no wolfs (no animals at all)
  • no Ruan Nan Zhu - insted Ruan Bai Jie
  • RBJ dresses in this way as a hobby, seems to like it
  • Lin Jiu Shi (in novel: Lin Qiu Shi) doesn't seem to be as smart as in the series but is equaly calm and has realy good hearing (at some points close to the supernatual as in the series)
  • the rules of the door are not clear for almost all players (we later know that RBJ got rules from previous door): in the series we know why 1st person died but here 2 died at once and I think they might have broken similar taboo as LJS but nothing really happened to him...
  • the place they were staying in was without any staff (food would replenish iteself on it's own)
  • LJS dosn't get ring on a chain but a stud in his ear (wheather he wanted it or not)
  • there was no plot about the family (including explanation why they had well so close to the door)
  • prayer in the temple - the statue was different depending on number of people, the monster actually materialised from pillars and was attacking them all but only those who saw regular statue got protection (like golden shield)
  • log carrying happened after visit to the temple and 2 out of 3 carries met the same fate as in series
  • WXY and CW don't "fell" to the well but he kills and suffers mental breakdown
  • once the key is obtained, they don't encounter major issues and LJS coresses the door alone (again wheather he wants it or not) - RBJ tells JLS that RBJ knows were the door is almost right after they find the key but pretends not to know in front of others
  • people look differently inside and outside the door (one of the girls was average inside and beauty outside)
  • the note with clue is not showing dificulity - dificulity depends on the players (if there are more experienced ones then it's harder)
  • nobody seemed to know what the clue for door 2 means, there is no panic that nobody leaves that door
  • door 1 didn't get permanently closed for everyone
  • RJS lived with Chestnut only and was in process of quitting (wanted to return home) but after the 1st door his decision to quit solidified
  • there were no flashbacks for LJS so far
  • it took a while for LJS to figure who RNZ is
  • name Obsidian is not mentioned, same with other "fractions" (there is no indications that there are any at this point)
  • JLS is 1,80m, RNZ is 1,9m

Door 2 (EP08-13, CH18-28):

• again not RNZ but Zhu Meng
  • same as RBJ (but perhaps more intensly): a) ZM is quite clearly flirting with LJS (even in front of others is quite shameless); b) ZM is antagonistic/rude towards experienced female "players"
  • threre is no magic bracelet making them pass trough the same door
  • LJS is a bit smarter but still not on level of series (he hasn't figured out the client, XX, nor how ZM is able to tell triplets apart - he needed to be told this)
  • LJS get sometimes swept in the fantasy that he has GF and it's like continuation of RBJ/ZM flirting
  • ZR runs into the fog and comes back totally freaked out and covered in blood
  • 4 people take the elevator at fist, there is no static on any floor
  • it's mother with triplets, no egg in sight (they even complain that the meals are bland - basically dried bread - and sticktly vegeterian but in truth they seem to be vegan up to a point)
  • birthday party is in 7 days
  • ZR wats to wash teh blood, so he, LJS and another guy go to filthy bathroom and ZR cannot get rid of blood... because there is like infant corpse-ghost on the showerhead and it's blood pours on ZR - he escapes thanks to LJS
  • only after the shower triplets ask for their name and the whole group is present - ZM knows the answer but tells people later that it was "a guess"
  • they all go exploring the building: roof is locked with lock, so they cannot enter; their decided to go down and their 1st stop is on 4th floor (a bit crazy guy + blood spattered on his door) and the 2nd on the 1 st flor (deaf granny who was not cheated by anybnody and was replying "I have already eaten")
  • the whole 7th floor storyline: non-existent
  • the 1st death is actualy eldest of the triplets - they find her hacked body, than later is being collected by her mother in a bag (she was comically badly crying/wailing)
  • on the next meal they get 1st dish with meat in it, same on the 2nd meal (mother is the only one eating and she is loving the taste), so they decided to investigate and they find the bad in the fridge - according to ZM no major parts are missing
  • 2 of the triplest show up and they both have marks, so they know who was missing
  • driling wakes JLS and the scene is similar but he and ZM decided to not leave the room... that is untill they hear drilling again in a distant part of the corridor, so they investigate (the corridor is dark, so they use light on the cell phone) and see what they guess is the eldest triplet (no marks on her) - not clear if she was drilling or not
  • on the next day they discover that the body in the fridge is gone, food is back to vegan
  • only 2 of the triplets show up - still with the same marks
  • all except ZM, JLS, XX an ZR (the last two were just to scared to move) go again to interogate the other 2 residents (got nothing)
  • ZR asked JLS to go to batheroom together; JLS leaves earlier and waits outside, hears nothing for a long time, then he gets "the feeling" and smells blood, he goes inside, hears sound and then sees blood - the blood starts to chase him but he escapes
  • ZM, JLS and XX go to bathroom to investigate and find mangled ZR corpse without brain, so they reach conclusion that "players" are the egg (in the fairy tale: if egg is stained red - by blood - the girl would get killed by sorcerer)
  • ZR body vanished (most likely via toilet bowl) before remining "players" returned and the next meal was with meat
  • ZC was asked by one of the 2 of the triplets (what a mouthful) if he knows which is which and he showed her; the next day he got needle in the bowl and drips blood from his mouth; ZC thinks it ws done by the mother, gets angry and cuts the mother down, splashing her blood on TY (ZM was fast enough to take JLS and XX from that room) - TY cannotv wash the blood; it seems like ZX was also splashed by blood
  • there was sound of scraping spoon in the night, then ZX shrieked because only skin was left of ZC (they were roommates)
  • after that all (5) survivors fell asleep in the same room (mothers's and triplets one), so they were surprised when they entered the kitchen and there was quite a feast (prrige, hot baked bread, boiled eggs) prepared out of thin air - it turned out after they ate that the mother was resurrected and she prepared the food
  • they found body of middle triplet; mother came and picked up the parts to the bag (no crying this time)
  • ZM claims to know where the doors are, so together with JLS they go to the roof, the look has marks on it like it was opened, so ZM decided to check it (JLS is a lookout) - finds hundreds+ of familair looking bags (bodies) and decided to search them (claims to find the door there later); JLS hears sound and call ZM back, then pretends to be making out with ZM; they try to find the preson who spied on them and see bloody drag marks in one corridor
  • ZM, JLR and XX deviced to question other residents again; TY tried it every day without luck, so didn't want to join; 3rd triplet was watching them from the room
  • there was stench of blood on the 4th floor, door to the apartment were open and covered in blood; they enterred the room and found guy's dead body (no time maschine in sight, room quite clean otherwise with barred windows) and gouged eyes; conclusion - he was killed instead of TY on purpose
  • on the 1st floor they found blood in front of one of the doors; they talked to grandma and she told them that she has "eaten the cake" and not to eat; ZM asked if grandma is going to attend birthday party - no, as the ones who attended last year have not come back yet and she has to wait for them 
  • while they were away TY was asked by 3rd triplet what her name was but TY did not know; ZM told her and ZX the name and what happened on teh 4th and 1st floor; TY is very unstable since being splattered with blood but now additionally is behaving as if she was cold or itching and was scratching blood stains on her boody that started to grow bigger and she got petriffied - no body parts seemed to be missing (turned out - no bones)
  • ZM and JLS dicided to visit rooftop again and in equipment shelter they found jars with body parts
  • it's birthday party and ZM correctly tells the name of the triplet; only the girl sang Happy Birthday; the girl was cutting and bringing cake to "players"; ZM flipped the table with cake (it thenb showed it's true gruesome look); ZM stabed the mother (got splasched with blood), little girl was happy about it; ZM found key inside mothers body; mother "re-assembled" herself
  • all 4 run to the roof, mother was chasing them with the knife; RM was picking the lock while JLS was distrackting/fighting with mother (got slashed in arm); inside bags with bodies started to re-assemble themselves and leave the room; ZM opened the door with key and told XX and ZX to go first; ZM and JLS crossed the doors in embrance (while escaping from mother) and JLS felt as something struck his head

Door 3:

Oh thank you, this will be interesting to read! I am thinking of reading the novel too sometime.

Oohh, I read the novel already and just finished the show. If you need any help or any information, please feel free to ask me because I loved the novel so much. 

Hi! Can someone please spoil me in which chapter the romance between these two begins? I am currently reading the novel and  LJS has still no clue 🥴🥴

ioadrak:

Hi! Can someone please spoil me in which chapter the romance between these two begins? I am currently reading the novel and  LJS has still no clue ??

ML is flirting almost from the start, so it might be hard to tell. I haven't finished 3rd door, so I do not know if MC feels something (he is sometimes like a bit confused with "her" but nothing conscious).

So he is still " she" during the 3rd. Door chapter..Will he be a "she"  in the whole book? I mean "he"  in woman's clothes even if he reveal that he is a man? 

ioadrak:

So he is still " she" during the 3rd. Door chapter..Will he be a "she"  in the whole book? I mean "he"  in woman's clothes even if he reveal that he is a man? 

After 1st door he meets MC and it takes a moment for MC to figure out that ML=girl he met in door 1. By door 2 he already knows but still sometimes catches himself in fantasy land.

I haven't read the whole novel, so I don't know more.

NIke_v:

After 1st door he meets MC and it takes a moment for MC to figure out that ML=girl he met in door 1. By door 2 he already knows but still sometimes catches himself in fantasy land.

I haven't read the whole novel, so I don't know more.

Ok thank you very much!!! 😊😊

ioadrak:

Hi! Can someone please spoil me in which chapter the romance between these two begins? I am currently reading the novel and  LJS has still no clue ??

Okay, so after the second door, he learns that Ruan Baijie is Ruan Nanzhu, a man. They only refer to Ruan Nanzhu as "she" when in the door world because in the door world, it alters your appearance based on certain unknown factors. Ruan Nanzhu wears a dress and makeup, so becomes more feminine in the door world where it's easier to believe he's a woman. 

Lin Quishi only refers to Ruan Baijie as "he' in his head because he knows that Ruan Nanzhu is in drag. Lin Quishi has expressed multiple times that he sometimes becomes convinced that Ruan Baijie is his girlfriend, yet snaps out of it when he realizes that Ruan Nanzhu is indeed a man and does not identify as a woman. He only dresses as one. 

The romance begins when they first meet, on Ruan Baijie's side at least, and Lin Quishi doesn't start to express romantic interest in Ruan Nanzhu until after chapter 70, it's a slow burn but once they actually confess to one another, it's romance all the way. 

Also, they only refer to Ruan Nanzhu as "she" when he's in drag in the door world, but majority of the time Lin Quishi will think "he" because he knows Ruan Nanzhu is a man.

Can somebody explain this cross dressing thing because I haven't read the book but in the drama nothing is explain and we don't see Ruan as a woman at all except on one picture in the skin drum door. I'm lost  e

Claddagh:

Can somebody explain this cross dressing thing because I haven't read the book but in the drama nothing is explain and we don't see Ruan as a woman at all except on one picture in the skin drum door. I'm lost  e

Well since it is a Chinese show they eliminated any drag element.. so ruan in the real world is appeared as a manly man (probably bisexual or gay I don't know yet) but in the doors world he is dressed like a woman for camouflage and also because probably he likes it.. 

Claddagh:

Well since it is a Chinese show they eliminated any drag element.. so ruan in the real world is appeared as a manly man (probably bisexual or gay I don't know yet) but in the doors world he is dressed like a woman for camouflage and also because probably he likes it.. 

@daddyshome   thanks for the reply! Well are ml is still naive about raun's feelings towards him but since the second door we can see that he develops feeling for ruan even if he can't understand it yet..  these cuddles a so cute and  no brotherly at all 😅

Claddagh:

So, in the drama Ruan Nanzhu cannot be in drag because that is too "gay" for China, so he wears fancier, brighter clothes and goes by either Zhu Meng or Ruan Baijie depending on the situation. 

His cover for the photo of him dressing as a woman is explained in episode 1, he was doing a friend a favor and dressing in a hanfu. Li Dongyuan doesn't know this until after a while lol 

ioadrak:

@daddyshome   thanks for the reply! Well are ml is still naive about raun's feelings towards him but since the second door we can see that he develops feeling for ruan even if he can't understand it yet..  these cuddles a so cute and  no brotherly at all 😅

Oh, for sure. They love to cuddle and hug lmao 🤣