MDL Watch Challenge 2024:

Thanks to  solana

We now have this spreadsheet with the challenge :  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jCmJl4r1z2rOKJYvYdaD0KK8Ihr-U9M-TSs0X9UjTpE/edit?usp=sharing

And this doc: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xx9b5FXgMnz9Vihf8S4SsOsj5MOUEph5aNvHU4gnuqA/edit?usp=sharing

That you may copy and use as well just make sure to copy it back to a forum post before you turn in your application. 

Thank you so much for this!!!

Hey, sorry I have another question. Can Edelweiss be seen as a rare plant (what is the definition of rare plant)? Edelweiss can usually be found only in remote areas of the mountains and they are protected by law. Does this make them rare? 

JulyMoon:

Hey, sorry I have another question. Can Edelweiss be seen as a rare plant (what is the definition of rare plant)? Edelweiss can usually be found only in remote areas of the mountains and they are protected by law. Does this make them rare? 

Im not going to go into specifics but This page defines rare plants rather well 

Rare plants may be scarce because the total population of the species may have just a few individuals, or be restricted to a narrow geographic range, or both. Some rare plants occur sparsely over a broad area. Other rare plants have many individuals, but these are crowded into a tiny area; in some cases, a single county or canyon. A third kind of rare plants are those with both few individuals AND a narrow geographic range: these are the very rarest plants.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/wildflowers/Rare_Plants/whatis.shtml#:~:text=Rare%20plants%20may%20be%20scarce,sparsely%20over%20a%20broad%20area.

ColourMePurple:

Pressed plant - The Story of Park's Marriage Revenge

Flower festival - I believe there was one in My Dearest part 1

Rare Plant - Mysterious Lotus Casebook (it's a flower)

Thank you so much

Hello :-)

Little questions on the tag "healing plant" and "poisonous plant" ==> In a Chinese drama I'm currently watching, they use a lot poison and medication to hurt and heal their ennemies. There is a scene where they are burning some "bad" herbs that could be wrong for the preparation of the family famous "herb elixir" which is an healing potion.  There are so so many plants / flowers in that drama that it raises a lot of questions on where to use it for the MDL challenge XD

So here are my questions: 

- If they refer all along the show to an healing herb elixir: can it count as "healing plant"? Or do you need to see the plant? (not just the transformed artefact from it ? ) They really are using a lot of herbal medication but I want to understand if the medication is enough or if the plant must be spotted ?

- Can the herbs that are burned by the characters because they are bad / suspected to be poisonous count as "poisonous plant" ? Is a suspision that a plant / herbs are poisonous enough ? Or is there a need to have proof ? 

- Is it OK for the prompt "gardening as hobby" if you have a scene (in an historical drama) with one of the main ladies planting flowers with the help of servants in order to make good impression on one of the main male lead ? (She surpervise the planting as well as dirties her hands doing so ^^...She do some planting and flowers picking and so on...But then it is mostly the servants doing most of the gardening work^^)

thanks for your help :D

So here are our answers ;) 

Question: If they refer all along the show to an healing herb elixir: can it count as "healing plant"? Or do you need to see the plant? (not just the transformed artefact from it ? ) They really are using a lot of herbal medication but I want to understand if the medication is enough or if the plant must be spotted ?

Answer: an healing herb elixir counts as a healing plant. 

- Can the herbs that are burned by the characters because they are bad / suspected to be poisonous count as "poisonous plant" ? Is a suspision that a plant / herbs are poisonous enough ? Or is there a need to have proof ? 

Answer: it is enough to refer to the plants as poisonous, no proof needed 

- Is it OK for the prompt "gardening as hobby" if you have a scene (in an historical drama) with one of the main ladies planting flowers with the help of servants in order to make good impression on one of the main male lead ? (She surpervise the planting as well as dirties her hands doing so ^^...She do some planting and flowers picking and so on...But then it is mostly the servants doing most of the gardening work^^)

Answer: No it does not count, not because of who is doing the work,  but because of the frequency and reason for gardening. Doing it once in order to make a good impression on someone is more of an occasion in the garden, not an interest/hobby, 

Hope you can find fun titles for these! 

Hi guys !

First off, thank you so much for the challenge ! Like every year, you have truly outdone yourselves and the challenge is a lot of fun and super creative. I admire your work, and always have a great deal of fun completing the challenge so thanks a lot :D !

I had a small question / suggestion, is there an existing page or discussion thread where we can maybe apply to volunteer as a black rose for other members of the challenge ? Or maybe a question here were we could answer as a volunteer ?

Maybe it might help people who don't know anyone else doing the challenge to find someone who is willing to be a black rose for them and facilitate conversation :) ?

As someone mentioned before (I think it was Shiro), the black rose badge is absolutely stunning ! Honestly I'm thinking of offering my services just to be able to say i officially collected this beautiful badge (says the woman who struggles to complete her own challenge every yeah ha ha), and I'm sure there are other people in my case :)  !

Also second question for the black rose badge : rewatches count for this one as well, correct ? So like if I rewatch a title I've watched in the past entirely in 2024 and then "gift" that title to another user instead of using it in my own challenge, that would work ?

Again thanks again for all of your hard work and working on this challenge, it's amazing as usual !

emisfritish:
Also second question for the black rose badge : rewatches count for this one as well, correct ? So like if I rewatch a title I've watched in the past entirely in 2024 and then "gift" that title to another user instead of using it in my own challenge, that would work ?

Yes, if you watch the entire title in 2024 it counts. 

Regarding question 1, I support the idea of a thread where we can apply/ask for Black Rose volunteers. :) 

So here are our answers ;) 

Thanks a lot for the answers :D Very clear and make perfect sense ^^

Have two more question, sorry. ^^' 

1. If I'm looking for a specific tag like "Idol Actor" is it necessary that the tag is visible on the dramas page or is it enough when the drama title appears in the search for the tag? 

2. For the Bonus Badge Bracken we need to watch titles from all the countries on MDL. Can we divide this over several blocks (for example Japan, China, South Korea in Block 1 and the other countries in Block 2 and 3)? Or do we have to use Block 26 completely to qualify for the badge?

JulyMoon:

Have two more question, sorry. ^^' 

1. If I'm looking for a specific tag like "Idol Actor" is it necessary that the tag is visible on the dramas page or is it enough when the drama title appears in the search for the tag? 

2. For the Bonus Badge Bracken we need to watch titles from all the countries on MDL. Can we divide this over several blocks (for example Japan, China, South Korea in Block 1 and the other countries in Block 2 and 3)? Or do we have to use Block 26 completely to qualify for the badge?

1. It is enough that it appers when you search, it is also enough if you add the tag after you watch it... 

2. you need to complete the whole block, it will count as 2 blocks 

As for emisfritish s questions I am glad you appreciate our work ;) and yes the black rose is stunning. 

Ill get back to you about the black rose thread Idea... 

2. you need to complete the whole block, it will count as 2 blocks 

When you say whole block you mean block 26? So watching 7 titles for block 26 will count as 2 blocks? 

JulyMoon:

When you say whole block you mean block 26? So watching 7 titles for block 26 will count as 2 blocks? 

Yes, that's what they mean

aad:

Yes, that's what they mean

Thank you ^.^

JulyMoon:

Thank you ^.^

Of course :)