We posted this questions on feeds, click here to get to the post and answer it, if you rather answer it here it is okay too...  but it may get lost and be hard to find in the crowd... 

How Do You take on the Watch Challenge?

It is actually really interesting to think about how differently people take on the watch challenge, and all are completely valid ways to go about it...

Are you the type who:

1. Watch 10 titles OR the type to try to complete every single prompt in the challenge but still want more?

2. Someone waits until the last minute, looks for a good space to fill in what you watched during the year? OR someone who adds titles as you go? OR who likes to plan a head and fill in a title for each prompt that you late mark as completed ?

3. Do you go by the order of the blocks? OR start somewhere specific such as countries of MDL OR the prompts that are really hard to find ?

4. Start the challenge but do not turn it in ?

In the team behind this we have combinations of most of the above, but how about you?

Thyella:

I have a question too. What is a "round" in the watch challenge?

Example:

"Lawnmower: Complete a block by watching a single title that includes ALL the prompts of that block. This may be used 5 times per round." 

If you finish all the blocks you can start over and go for another round...  so it is basically doing the challenge one more time.. or as many times as you want. 

That is why we stated 5 times per round.  Did this explain it? Or am I being to vague. 

No, got it. Thank you ?

Thyella:

No, got it. Thank you ?

Thumbs up 

Good evening, sorry for the inconvenience. I have a question, can you help me? 

In "Random Bonuses": Can I use a title during the challenge to complete more and a "Random Bonuses"?

Example: I use a title in block 1 "Watched while airing", and it has the requirements to complete "Annual Flower" and "Seasons" as well.

Can I do this or can't I use the same titles to complete different "Random Bonuses"?

Zhao Lu Si Challenge 202:

Good evening, sorry for the inconvenience. I have a question, can you help me? 

In "Random Bonuses": Can I use a title during the challenge to complete more and a "Random Bonuses"?

Example: I use a title in block 1 "Watched while airing", and it has the requirements to complete "Annual Flower" and "Seasons" as well.

Can I do this or can't I use the same titles to complete different "Random Bonuses"?

For Random bonuses and Shortcuts  you may use what you have in the challenge, one prompt 2, 3, 4, 5, bonuses is fine as long as it meets the criteria.  However for Flower levels  and Butterfly rounds you may only use a title once in the whole challenge. 

So say you watch Doctor Slump (2024) while it is airing and you use it for Block 1, You will have to use it if you want to get Poinsettias and Winterberries (just note the completed blocks), you may also use it  for the Floral Fan (if you watch 2 more titles in that block with the same main lead actores writer or director , Leap Year if you complete all 5 and add another,  and Evergreen if you watch another 9 titles in winter + 10 titles from each of the remaining 4 seasons, 

I hope I made this clearer for you instead of complicating it. 

Also you do not have apologise if something is not clear ask away ;) 

i am so sorry if this is a repeat question (i tried to go over the other comments but i don't feel like i got a definitive answer for what i want to ask), but do i understand it correctly that (for the basic rules) a block is considered complete when three prompts are watched?

thank you for your answer and for organizing this challenge for us! i love this year's flower theme 

katherine197:

i am so sorry if this is a repeat question (i tried to go over the other comments but i don't feel like i got a definitive answer for what i want to ask), but do i understand it correctly that (for the basic rules) a block is considered complete when three prompts are watched?

thank you for your answer and for organizing this challenge for us! i love this year's flower theme 

Yes that is correct! And keep asking until you feel sure. 

Also I am glad you appreciate our work ?

Thanks Luna! If you find titles that fits all 5 prompts in a block, do let me/us know please.

LunaNoir:

Thank you, Shiro! :) 

I just wanted to drop the info that the Japanese drama "Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoshi" (9 episodes á 24 minutes) qualifies for a lot of the flowery prompts so anyone who is struggling to find a matching drama might be interested. I have added the drama to the lists as well. 

The drama includes scenes with: 

• Tea 
  • Flower Petals
  • Flower in a Pot

also

• aired 2023
  • adapted from a manga
  • can be finished within 3 days

Would a kiss in a drunken state count as an "accidental kiss" if the drunk person doesn't remember it and when they finally do, they are embarrassed?

Question - Is there a way to get all the prompts in an Excel file, like the code? I mean, an easy file that I can download and keep a local copy on my laptop? I'm not very tech savvy and copy/paste didn't work.

Shiro:

It is the total count when you hand it in that matters... So if you had all 7 countries in round 1 and complete all the other blocks in the challenge you will start round 2 with one block already completed.

Also remember that the Countries of MDL when completed count as 2 blocks in round one.For the rest of the rounds it will count as 1 block.

Edit: To make this clear, the country block for round 2 would be completed when you start round 2. So you do not have to do the countries block again until round 3.  

Ah it makes sense now! Thank you!

ColourMePurple:

Thanks Luna! If you find titles that fits all 5 prompts in a block, do let me/us know please.

Wouldn’t that take out part of the fun of trying to find 5 that fit the same on your own? Like playing Bingo while watching.   I'm not saying it is not allowed, just curious.... 

bitcoolKat:

Question - Is there a way to get all the prompts in an Excel file, like the code? I mean, an easy file that I can download and keep a local copy on my laptop? I'm not very tech savvy and copy/paste didn't work.

I can see what I can arrange next time I'm by my laptop. If anyone else has the time and will to make one, I will gladly link to it in the forum.  

Thanks to  solana

We now have this spreadsheet with the challenge :  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jCmJl4r1z2rOKJYvYdaD0KK8Ihr-U9M-TSs0X9UjTpE/edit?usp=sharing

And this doc: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xx9b5FXgMnz9Vihf8S4SsOsj5MOUEph5aNvHU4gnuqA/edit?usp=sharing

That you may copy and use as well just make sure to copy it back to a forum post before you turn in your application.