this may be a really stupid question lol sorry (im new to the yearly watch challenge thing haha)

for the badges/banner for the watch challenge, how does it work? Once you have submitted your sign up and turn in form, based on the difficulty w/o approval am i allowed to put the badge on my profile or do the admins of the challenge need to  verify my watch challenge and say its ok to put the badge?

and also do we have to chose either the tiers or actor badge or can we choose both? ex: just having hard difficulty badge on profile vs hard badge and IU's badge

thanks!

Luna Skylar:

this may be a really stupid question lol sorry (im new to the yearly watch challenge thing haha)

for the badges/banner for the watch challenge, how does it work? Once you have submitted your sign up and turn in form, based on the difficulty w/o approval am i allowed to put the badge on my profile or do the admins of the challenge need to  verify my watch challenge and say its ok to put the badge?

and also do we have to chose either the tiers or actor badge or can we choose both? ex: just having hard difficulty badge on profile vs hard badge and IU's badge

thanks!

Badges can be put on the profile page when ever, and which ever ones you want.  But the challenge is over in 7 days (the 28th)

I know that I once stumbled upon a list that showed the people that had completed the challenge.  I cannot find that anywhere.  Can you point me to it please?  Thanks!

zschoppa:

I know that I once stumbled upon a list that showed the people that had completed the challenge.  I cannot find that anywhere.  Can you point me to it please?  Thanks!

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/45417-2020-watch-challenge?pid=996931&page=1#p996931

uhm so at what time on the 28th does the challenge end? cause now that christmas break started i've finally got time to finish the challenge

taesthetic:

uhm so at what time on the 28th does the challenge end? cause now that christmas break started i've finally got time to finish the challenge

@Old_Anime_Lady said the challenge will be closed on December 28th US time. 

taesthetic:

Right now it's 3:10pm PST/6:10PM EST on December 26 in the USA... you're totally "safe" if you finish in just under 30 hours, that is, midnight on the start of the 28th in the easternmost time zone of the USA... I'm guessing, though, you actually have til the end of the 28th to turn your answer sheet in, but if you want to be really sure you're counted, you could go for the 30 hours.

I can't imagine OAL being a stickler for the clock striking minute anywhere in the USA vs "sometime before it becomes December 29 everywhere in the USA" which would end it when it becomes December 29 in Hawaii (2 hours behind PST Cali/Washington/Oregon, 1 hour behind Alaska). It's meant to be inclusive; the whole "finish by the 28th" deal is to be able to tally it before starting the 2021 Challenge... hmm, has THAT been posted yet? :D

ElBee:

Right now it's 3:05pm PST/6:05PM EST on December 26 in the USA... you're totally "safe" if you finish in just under 30 hours, that is, midnight on the start of the 28th in the easternmost time zone of the USA... I'm guessing, though, you actually have til the end of the 28th to turn your answer sheet in, but if you want to be really sure you're counted, you could go for the 30 hours.

I can't imagine OAL being a stickler for the clock striking minute anywhere in the USA vs "sometime before it becomes December 29 everywhere in the USA" which would end it when it becomes December 29 in Hawaii (2 hours behind PST Cali/Washington/Oregon, 1 hour behind Alaska). It's meant to be inclusive; the whole "finish by the 28th" deal is to be able to tally it before starting the 2021 Challenge... hmm, has THAT been posted yet? :D

the time stamp on the turn in has to be the 28th

Is there a way to check the time stamp apart from where it says "1 hour ago" at the top of a post? I think that's what was being asked-which time zone/whose December 28th since the 28th starts and ends at different times across the globe. :) Your 11:59PM/23:59 (via your profile locale of Orlando, FL) is my 8:59PM/20:59 and Hawaii's 6:59PM/18:59.

(Yes, I realize I'm being pedantic; I don't care one way or another but the bureaucracy serves the needs of the bureaucracy or something like that and we in turn do mental gymnastics when trying to figure out if it's too early to call San Fran or too late to call London.)

ElBee:

Is there a way to check the time stamp apart from where it says "1 hour ago" at the top of a post? I think that's what was being asked-which time zone/whose December 28th since the 28th starts and ends at different times across the globe. :) Your 11:59PM/23:59 (via your profile locale of Orlando, FL) is my 8:59PM/20:59 and Hawaii's 6:59PM/18:59. 

mine est 

NightTraveller:
uhm so at what time on the 28th does the challenge end?

Old_Anime_Lady:

mine est 

Settled, then: That means everyone has 52 hours and 5 minutes left.  

Hello! I am not sure if I can ask this here but it’s worth the try. I’m fairly new to MDL and I discovered this challenge like 2 days ago. Since the 2020 challenge is ending soon, I was wondering when and/or how we’ll get news about the 2021 challenge. I am very interested in joining since it looks like a lot of fun! Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Hi, I have 2 quick questions.

1. When do we know (and where) the results of the 2020 Watch Challenge? I mean, it's my first time joining one so I don't really know what happens at the end of the challenge.

2. Are you guys doing one for 2021? I could only get a little past half of the difficulty I chose for myself this year and I feel kind of sad about that, I didn't even post my turn-in form because I felt embarrassed I didn't get that far. So I'd like to know if you guys would do one for 2021 too so that I can join it again.

Thanks!

emi:

Hello! I am not sure if I can ask this here but it’s worth the try. I’m fairly new to MDL and I discovered this challenge like 2 days ago. Since the 2020 challenge is ending soon, I was wondering when and/or how we’ll get news about the 2021 challenge. I am very interested in joining since it looks like a lot of fun! Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Sometime after midnight JST on NYD when drama world and I can get together and do the posts we have to edit throughout the year at the same time.  It will by still NYE my time.
I will then post it in the feeds

nimwoo:

Hi, I have 2 quick questions.

1. When do we know (and where) the results of the 2020 Watch Challenge? I mean, it's my first time joining one so I don't really know what happens at the end of the challenge.

2. Are you guys doing one for 2021? I could only get a little past half of the difficulty I chose for myself this year and I feel kind of sad about that, I didn't even post my turn-in form because I felt embarrassed I didn't get that far. So I'd like to know if you guys would do one for 2021 too so that I can join it again.

Thanks!

1.  I haven't updated the hall of fame yet from the 40 or so i got from the beginning of December, When I do I will post it in the feeds and it will stay in the thread it is now.

2,  yes we are doing it this year here is the instructional video we made
NOTE: Sign ups are not open yet  roughly 30 more hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RwheYitVCg&feature=youtu.be