Rien:

I apologize in advance if someone asked this question already.. but what does the following mean?

Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members.

On the drama page there is rating, completed, and watchers.  We are looking for the middle number

Ok thanks, just checking if I understand correctly... you mean the number of users(members) that gave a rating? 

for example:
Ratings: 8.4/10 from 1,890 users
# of Watchers: 4,895

ElBee:

Sure, if they are true documentaries/bios! I believe our moddess (moderating goddess) said that the Japanese drama specials in particular are basically TV movies... as long as they are not behind the scenes stuff and are actually about something or someone important in history and are fact-driven, not big dramatizations like most historical dramas tend to be (just clarifying bc sometimes people tag BTS/post-airing 'making of' specials as documentaries but that isn't really what the tag/genre OR this challenge are about). 

So following up...let me be more specific. Although it is not a behind the scenes it’s more like they revisit the actors and actresses in the show and have then watch clips and describe their experiences prior to and after they were in the show. So it’s not over dramatized or BTS but it’s not about a historical person either, it also doesn’t go through their whole lives :(.

Rien:

Ok thanks, just checking if I understand correctly... you mean the number of users(members) that gave a rating? 

for example:

Yes

Old_Anime_Lady:

On the drama page there is rating, completed, and watchers.  We are looking for the middle number

Rien:

for example:

But that's not it though, the number of Completed members can be found in the Overall Statistics pie, in the Stats tab of the drama page, if you hover on "Completed" it reads: 

Total: XXXXX 

Overall Statistics - CompletedExample: Completed members

That's the actual completed members!! 

Not everyone who rates a show has completed it, and not everyone who completes a show rates it, Ratings & Completed are two separate things!

Mandy Candy:

So following up...let me be more specific. Although it is not a behind the scenes it’s more like they revisit the actors and actresses in the show and have then watch clips and describe their experiences prior to and after they were in the show. So it’s not over dramatized or BTS but it’s not about a historical person either, it also doesn’t go through their whole lives :(.

I'd say if the genre has it as a documentary (especially since this is a personal challenge anyway-the prize is your own personal sense of reward) it is fine. Example that sounds a lot like what you are talking about: MBC even calls this a "documentary project" https://mydramalist.com/67605-an-untitled-mbc-documentary-project and I can't imagine calling it much else since it is very much a separate product. That one is pretty clearly okay as a documentary. The ones that aren't really suited for it are the things that they throw together mid-show when they can't air an episode on time or during Chuseok etc when they won't have as many viewers and don't want to lose $ showing the next episode during a holiday. The hazier "half-docu, half-not" area might be Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na sitting there watching bits of Goblin in a studio booth right after it aired as a 'keep the reaper-sunny love alive' extension.  

&Rien: Estelll is right in the completed detail. The completed count is only found in the stats tab-far right one that looks like a bar graph (or just put /statistics after show's main page URL). :)

Estelll:

But that's not it though, the number of Completed members can be found in the Overall Statistics pie, in the Stats tab of the drama page, if you hover on "Completed" it reads: 

Total: XXXXX 

Overall Statistics - CompletedExample: Completed members

That's the actual completed members!! 

Not everyone who rates a show has completed it, and not everyone who completes a show rates it, Ratings & Completed are two separate things!

you are correct but when we made the challenge this feature was not available so I as I stated before it is not the one on the stats page

For: Watch a Medical drama/movie, or one that focuses on doctors, surgeons, or nurses.

Does psychiatry work? For example: It’s Okay to Not Be Okay (he’s a mental healthcare worker).

KeenCat:

For: Watch a Medical drama/movie, or one that focuses on doctors, surgeons, or nurses.

Does psychiatry work? For example: It’s Okay to Not Be Okay (he’s a mental healthcare worker).

yes

Can I use this movie for this challenge? 

Watch a drama/movie about Food, Music, Art, or Animals. 

The movie does have the Music genre but I'm not entirely sure if movies about Kpop groups are okay for this challenge. Alternatively I could use this movie: https://mydramalist.com/7580-the-tenor-lirico-spinto

moonchild:

Can I use this movie for this challenge? 

Watch a drama/movie about Food, Music, Art, or Animals. 

The movie does have the Music genre but I'm not entirely sure if movies about Kpop groups are okay for this challenge. Alternatively I could use this movie: https://mydramalist.com/7580-the-tenor-lirico-spinto

Kpop is arguably music so it counts as long as it is not a documentary

Old_Anime_Lady:

Okay, thanks! :)

Old_Anime_Lady:

Arguably... why are tears coming to my eyes? 

You got a rare belly laugh and edge of my smile reaching my eyes level of grinning with that comment! <3

ElBee:

Arguably... why are tears coming to my eyes? 

You got a rare belly laugh and edge of my smile reaching my eyes level of grinning with that comment! <3

Anything to make you smile:)

Hello, I've a question about drama special. Can I use it for example in other categories than type? There is always written"Watch a drama/movie " so how about drama special?