7. Kono yo no Hate (1994)

Maria is in need of money. Because her day-time job doesn’t pay enough, she works at night at a cabaret. She needs the money so that she can pay for her sister, Nana’s eyes operation. When both Maria and Nana were younger, Maria burned down the home, causing her sister’s blindness and killing their father (mother survived.) Shiro is a famous concert pianist. However, he isn’t happy with his marriage or his life in general. Maria and Shiro are united through a traffic accident, causing Shiro to be hospitalized. Faking amnesia and his identity, he stays at Maria’s place and eventually starts to work at the cabaret as a piano player. As you will find out later on, life was not meant for Maria and Shiro to find one another. 

Watchers: 558

It's a really depressive drama, not to watch anytime. It's the kind of consuming love in an overdramatic way. To watch if you are in the right mood for that.

8. The Crush - It's just a cute noona romance(older woman/younger man) drama. and if you are a fan of noona romance you'll like, there is no SML and no annoying stuff. It's something to watch when you want to watch something short that you don't have to think too much

Watchers: 698

Goleft:

7. Kono yo no Hate (1994)

Maria is in need of money. Because her day-time job doesn’t pay enough, she works at night at a cabaret. She needs the money so that she can pay for her sister, Nana’s eyes operation. When both Maria and Nana were younger, Maria burned down the home, causing her sister’s blindness and killing their father (mother survived.) Shiro is a famous concert pianist. However, he isn’t happy with his marriage or his life in general. Maria and Shiro are united through a traffic accident, causing Shiro to be hospitalized. Faking amnesia and his identity, he stays at Maria’s place and eventually starts to work at the cabaret as a piano player. As you will find out later on, life was not meant for Maria and Shiro to find one another. 

Watchers: 558

It's a really depressive drama, not to watch anytime. It's the kind of consuming love in an overdramatic way. To watch if you are in the right mood for that.

I know of this drama. Found  a blog entry about it that was detailed enough, with photos and clips, that I sometimes forget that I actually didn't watch it. This is such a downer of a story, and at the same time, oddly beautiful. I wonder sometimes about this story, obviously these two people were not meant to find each other, at the same time, something tells me that they would not have chosen otherwise anyway... The story kinda haunts me haha..

9. Dung Duang Harutei (1996) - I have not seen any of the remakes yet, so I'm not sure how they compare, but I did like this one. The ML and FL were both smart, strong people. Though the ML was the type to not take no for an answer, and wanted to be in control of things, he genuinely loved the FL. I also liked how the FL learned to adapt and understand him and his country's ways. I also really liked all the couples, and the scenery was nice. There were some likeable quirky characters too.

Watchers: 261

10. Enjiya - The first couple episodes really draw you in and it is a revenge drama with a twist. The page for it summarizes the first bit pretty well. It doesn't take too long to watch and I loved the chemistry of the cast. The direction in the story was a little unclear at times, but it's definitely an unkown drama I'd recommend.

watchers: 883

10 dramas that you feel were ahead of their time OR dramas that you think are outdated

example of one ahead of its time: a 2009 drama that doesn't have the common tropes/beliefs of its time (like the rich asshole ML and damsel in distress FL trope, for example)

example of one outdated: a 2019 drama with tropes/beliefs common from dramas of many years prior (like a drama where women are still heavily looked down upon for divorce or being unmarried)

1. Crush (2021)- outdated: the ml was so possessive in the second half of the show. I thought we got over the possessive male lead trope years ago lol

2. My Love From the Star (2013)- ahead: the FL was outspoken and not submissive compared to the many weak female leads at the time

3. Praomook (2021) - Mean Male Lead which is not a viewers taste nowadays. And at the last, FL just forgave him when ML kiss her. Even though its a happy ending, but I still mad at ML who's always mean towards FL

4. Crazy Love (2022) - Outdated: The pretending marriage is so outdated.

5.  I mentioned it here before but I'll say it again.  Run On is the first K-drama I've seen where an FL is not only strong and clever but goes to to to toe with a powerful elder (the ML's father), and doesn't back down or exhibit the submissiveness expected of the young.   Such a breath of fresh air. 

6.  In contrast, and against the grain for recent dramas, the FL in Dali and the Cocky Prince is so helpless and feeble (even lets people beat her up), in at least the first 11 episodes, which is when I dropped it because of her exasperating impotence.  Maybe she got stronger later, I dunno. 

cal0ri3:

10 dramas that you feel were ahead of their time OR dramas that you think are outdated

example of one ahead of its time: a 2009 drama that doesn't have the common tropes/beliefs of its time (like the rich asshole ML and damsel in distress FL trope, for example)

example of one outdated: a 2019 drama with tropes/beliefs common from dramas of many years prior (like a drama where women are still heavily looked down upon for divorce or being unmarried)

1. Crush (2021)- outdated: the ml was so possessive in the second half of the show. I thought we got over the possessive male lead trope years ago lol

2. My Love From the Star (2013)- ahead: the FL was outspoken and not submissive compared to the many weak female leads at the time

Actually that was Jun Ji Hyun  for much of her career, starting with My Sassy Girl  12 years earlier.  That really was ahead of its time. 

There is a poster of My Sassy Girl in one of the scenes in Love From the Star, as it is supposed to be one of the earlier movies of the FL (which of course it is in real life).  :)

7. Coffee prince -the subject of homosexuality in 2007 was still uncomfortable at that time especially in Asia who places importance in family values, but it was handled very well. When the ML questioned his sexuality because of his attraction to the FL and when he said “I like you. Whether you’re a man or an alien, I don’t care anymore.” 

@mahiba 

I watched a long time ago and still haunts me too! :')  Only japan dramas can reach that level

8. Pride (2004) --> ahead 

The ML  was really a refreshing character, smart, funny and straight forward. The kind of relation with the FL is still not seen so much in nowadays drama. The risk is to go for an "infidelity" type of drama, while in Pride it was avoided considering that that man left her for 2 years without even calling LOL But still It allows to reflect on both women and men roles in japan society. 

9. Well intended love (2019) --> outdated

I know that many viewers love this, but I found the trope of manipulative ML with a "good" cause ( his absolute love for the FL) really old fashioned .  

10. True beauty- outdated. The FL's acting and character in this one was so bad and unrealistic that I had flashbacks of the FL of Boys over flowers. Also the story is mediocre and fails to effectively deliver the message it original intended.

10 dramas or movies where the ML/FL wearing glasses is considered attractive 

Purple heart:
10 dramas or movies where the ML/FL wearing glasses is considered attractive 

I have a doubt, should be considered attractive in the drama (like sombody in the drama have to say that it looks attractive) or should it be attractive to us?