6. Darna! Ang Pagbabalik - A Filipino Movie in 1994. It was my most favorite version of Darna. Lead actress was really good at portraying Darna. Darna is a superhero appearing in Filipino comic books created by writer Mars Ravelo and artist Nestor Redondo 

I am loving the mix of countries, thank you!!!

7.  Modern Times - Charlie Chaplin (1936, silent film).  I watched it in a small town theatre many years ago. Henry the manager was retiring, so this was a special event honoring him - admission and popcorn very cheap. Downstairs he took tickets at the door, then he went upstairs to run the film projecter.

8. Shaolin Soccer (Hong Kong) - I don't think mine is as old the rest listed, it came out in 2001. The first time I watched it, it was an English dubbed version, and ever since I saw it, I would rewatch it every time it was on TV

10. Gone with the wind (1939, US) - Its a classic, so I wanted to watch it but overall I didn’t like it at all. Some scenes were just … the girl dies after she jumps with her (little tiny)  pony over a (little tiny) fence or something and while a fall of a horse can kill you in real life, in my opinion, the way they portrait it in the film was just  hilarious and unbelievable (but of course, they didnt have special effects, I know..) but overall, everything was just too over dramatic for my personal taste (especially the female characters..

Someone else can pick 

newbiefan:

When were they released? Which country are they from? I'm guessing number 3 is China, 4 is Japan? There are so many Condor based movies/dramas, would you mind being a little bit more specific?

Sorry just online & check this.... 

Well i give the link u could check it out. But yeah 

3. The Return of the Condor Heroes - china (1983). I watch it on my national TV long time ago. Recently (forget when, but i think last year) check it on YT find the background really fake & feel so old. But however still like Andy Lau & Idy Chan as ML & FL....

10 best titles that comes out this year. Tell us why u think it's the best

1. The Legend of Shen Li

Seriously, in my opinion it’s the best drama ever. Finally a xianxia NOT following the typical and overused tropes (e.g. amnesia, bad ending, and so on). It’s refreshing, got the best couple ever (best chemistry, I love them so much),  endearing and IMPERFECT mains (they both have their little quirks, it’s just awesome!), includes a strong, powerful FL… 

I could go on for hours, seriously, this is awesome, please watch it and give it a try if you haven’t yet T_T❤️❤️❤️

_Shinigami_:

1. The Legend of Shen Li

Seriously, in my opinion it’s the best drama ever. Finally a xianxia NOT following the typical and overused tropes (e.g. amnesia, bad ending, and so on). It’s refreshing, got the best couple ever (best chemistry, I love them so much),  endearing and IMPERFECT mains (they both have their little quirks, it’s just awesome!), includes a strong, powerful FL… 

I could go on for hours, seriously, this is awesome, please watch it and give it a try if you haven’t yet T_T❤️❤️❤️

Haha.... Just finished this. Agreed 100%. The reason i come out with the topic ^^

maidenholmes:

7.  Modern Times - Charlie Chaplin (1936, silent film).  I watched it in a small town theatre many years ago. Henry the manager was retiring, so this was a special event honoring him - admission and popcorn very cheap. Downstairs he took tickets at the door, then he went upstairs to run the film projecter.

Not exactly an Asian film but I'll take it. I once went to a screening of a silent Charlie Chaplin film with live piano music, just like how it might have once been. Still waiting for them to do it again!

Blkittykat:

8. Shaolin Soccer (Hong Kong) - I don't think mine is as old the rest listed, it came out in 2001. The first time I watched it, it was an English dubbed version, and ever since I saw it, I would rewatch it every time it was on TV

LOVE Shaolin Soccor. Good movie, glad you included it.

_Shinigami_:

10. Gone with the wind (1939, US) - Its a classic, so I wanted to watch it but overall I didn’t like it at all. Some scenes were just … the girl dies after she jumps with her (little tiny)  pony over a (little tiny) fence or something and while a fall of a horse can kill you in real life, in my opinion, the way they portrait it in the film was just  hilarious and unbelievable (but of course, they didnt have special effects, I know..) but overall, everything was just too over dramatic for my personal taste (especially the female characters..

Someone else can pick 

I tried to watch that one once while it was on live tv. Don't think I made it all the way through.

Thanks for the inclusion @Komentator isenk. Sometimes time means I cannot go looking, sometimes I am too lazy too ? Gotta LOVE Andy Lau!!

Komentator isenk:

10 best titles that comes out this year. Tell us why u think it's the best

2. Marry My Husband - TBH I haven't actually seen many 2024  dramas but since I do remember this one without needing a content/plot reminder then I'd say it was pretty good. It certainly kept me hooked the entire drama, though there are perhaps some situations I'm sure could have been handled better.

I am looking forward to watching the Legend of Shen Li.

3. Blossoms in Adversity I binged watched the last 5 episodes last night. Even though the leads do not have most emotional facial expressions, it actually works well for this drama. Their roles in their families and at work requires them to be more stoic, esp. for the ML.  I really like that he quietly supports her for a long time before he outwardly becomes more involved with her family. I wasn't quite sure how the ending was going to be wrapped up, because I couldn't picture the ML betraying the Emperor, no matter how cruel he was. But greedy folks played their part, and I was happy with it. 

4. Lovely Runner - i know it may be too early to say this but it might very well be my favourite kdrama of the year. plot wise, it's nothing too special but it is so far nailing the romcom and fantasy/time travel (with a touch of mystery) genre. i have only good things to say about the acting, the chemistry is great and the characters are all endearing. the osts are amazing too