6th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony
Following a quiet May, we have a bonanza for June 2023, with 11 badges awarded toChallangers whose recommended  dramas have been watched and rated with a rating of 8.0 - 10.0. Congratulations!

Gold Badges

•  Saygo for recommending Cherry Magic which has been rated 10/10
•  Snow Flake for recommending Tale Of The Nine-Tailed has been rated 10/10

Silver Badges

•  Rien for recommending Love Between Fairy And Devil which has been rated 9/10
•  Giochi for recommending Sh**ting Stars which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badge
•  
xBBBLUE for recommending Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha which has been rated 8.5/10
•  
Giochi for recommending Hot Stove League which has been rated 8.5/10
•  
Giochi for recommending Ye Ye Xiang Jian Bu Shi Jun which has been rated 8/10
•  
Giochi for recommending Kamisama no Ekohiiki which has been rated 8/10
•  
dearuto for recommending Divorce Attorney Shin which has been rated 8/10
•  
dearuto for recommending The Love You Give Me which has been rated 8/10
•  
novastar93 for recommending A Tale of Thousand Stars which has been rated 8/10

Hall of Fame

This month, 
Giochi catches up, topping the Hall of Fame with 7 badges, while Saygo continues to advance in the Hall of Fame with a total of 5 badges.

Gentle Reminder

1)  If you have accepted a challenge, do make it a point to watch and rate the drama recommended to you soon, so that your recommender can be duly awarded for a good drama recommended. Special gentle reminder to: 
Vanessa_BenizakuraBilu and jennIt's gonna be July soon, and your accepted challenge in January is pending.

2)  Please refer to the updated challenge status table in page 1, and claim your badges by inserting the drama image in your prior post. Special call out to: 
_Choa's_Gummy_Marshmallow (x2) and Xiao Zi.

*Edited on Jun 25th, 2,45PM (UTC) for dark mode compatibility.

CHALLENGE #1 | CHALLENGE #2CHALLENGE #3 CHALLENGE #4 CHALLENGE #5

I recommend Tanii  to watch Ishiko to Haneo: Sonna Koto de Uttaemasu? (2022) cause it was on your PTW

Accepted xBBBLUE's recommendation to watch It's Okay, That's Love

Rating ::   7.5/10

I really liked it but there were just certain things that I personally could not overlook. I like that the goal of the whole drama is to showcased mental illness in a more open-minded manner, but ofc its very dramatized. This is a drama that I kept going back and forth between wanting to watch and not, mostly because I'm a fan of Gong Hyo Jin. But, I knew this drama would be slightly over-exaggerated and end up with a happy-ending for most if not all of the cases. The romance is nice enough for all of the couples, but nothing extraordinary in my opinion. Now, I don't mind that all the cases ended up happy (I do think that's ok for a drama), but I just wished the drama overall had more depth.
They also totally overused the song, "Hero" by Family of the Year.

I recommend zen violet to watch It's Okay, That's Love.

This drama is one of my all-time favorites and it is on your PTW list.

I accept novastar's recommendation to watch Someday or One Day.

Rating: 9.5/10

The complex plot was handled really well. It kept me in suspense the whole time. I really enjoyed it. 

Challenge #1 |  Challenge#2

I recommend @xBBBlue to watch "Someday or One Day" . I saw it on your PTW and it's one of my  favorite dramas. I hope you like the drama and happy watching! :)

I accept @Guica recommendation to watch a familiar stranger.  Thanks for the very different recommendation. :)

Rating: 8/10

This was very different from what I normally watched but it was really good. The main leads had such a wonderful, organic romance. The plot twist at the end was crazy. 

I have just completed May I Help You? I liked it though it was not really bingeable so it took me longer than I thought! Now I am ready for a next challenge!

In the meantime here is something for novastar. I must say that it was a real challenge choosing something for them to watch since they like everything I don't! So I decided to go with something completely different they have not discovered yet, it seems: a short c drama! 

A Familiar Stranger is a fun, short, historical c drama! Hope you enjoy it!

https://mydramalist.com/photos/vDryX_3 image link

EDIT Thank you Tanii! I will be watching another drama I have been actively avoiding: this is just the right incentive I needed! I have a CW and PTW lists chock full of dramas I am not too eager to watch. You recommended I watch The Untamed and I loved it so I am certain I am going to like this one too!

FINAL VERDICT Sorry Tanii, this one was a miss! And I really tried hard to like it but unfortunately could not get into it ! Word of Honor is only 8/10 .

10th Challenge Completed! Thank you for the rec!

I recommend Giuca to watch Word of Honor. I think you might enjoy it!

image link

I accept novastar's recommendation to watch Sound of Magic!

Status: Completed 8/10. I truly don't think I would have watched the show without your rec even though it was on my PTW. I enjoyed it! Thank you for the rec! 

Challenge #1 |  Challenge#2 | Challenge#3

I recommend @Tanii  to watch "Sound of Magic". I saw it on your PTW . I had a hard time deciding what drama to pick for you. So I picked a very different drama/musical and it's short.

I accept @Alex recommendation.

Rating:8.5/10

A really fun and different drama that had me hooked. I'd been wanting to watch this show for some time so Thank You for the great rec!

Challenge #1

I recommend novastar to watch The Uncanny Counter. It's on your PTW and the second season is coming in around two weeks, so now it's perfect time to watch the first one. I personally love the friendship in this drama and the action. I hope that you will like it too. :) Happy watching! 

I accept ElBee's recommendation!

Rating: 9/10⭐

I really loved this drama, everything about it is so unique, the time setting really gives it a whole other feel that other dramas don't have. The sceneries were amazing, as well as the costumes and accessories. What I loved most were the politics and the morally grey characters; my favourite characters would be Taelha and Tagon such a power couple with an interesting dynamic they were capable of loving and hurting each other at the same time!  and also Tanya. These three stole the drama for me, to be honest, I thought I would like Eunseom more but I wasn't that invested in his story, especially in the second and third part. 

(And ElBee I'm sorry that I didn't make it in time for the August ceremony 😢 )

I finished my third challenge and am ready for another!

For Alex, I debated between two shows, but I am going to recommend Arthdal Chronicles as it is FINALLY about to air the second half (the first half was done in thirds but it is all one functional season that happens to count for 3 titles in challenges lol). COVID forced them to wait through years of closed borders making it impossible to shoot the second half in Mongolia (it is an IMMENSE and amazing set that truly did create a whole other world from another time period-not enough space to create that set anywhere in SK). They crafted really rich tribes with unique identities, have a mix of mysticism and lore blended with much earlier eras of human history, and a whole lot of adventure. This is the perfect time to catch up on it with 6 weeks a pretty good amount of time to get through what I believe totals about 23 hours (cable doesn’t have strict times for episodes like regular networks).

I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you aren’t feeling up to watching it and I’ll recommend another. :)

All I ask is that whatever I am recommended not be excessively long (up to 24 hours is fine, 30 really pushing it for my attention span/endurance and patience levels lately). Old, new, on or off my list,  mature/explicit/graphic/gory fine, realistic/fantasy, slow/fast paced, wide open if it is good!

I accept Tanii’s recommendation for Reset.

Rating: 9!
Feedback: I really enjoyed watching this… it reminded me of 365: Repeat the Year and similar kdramas I have really liked but with the production style of some HK dramas I‘ve enjoyed. I actually liked the supporting cast better than the leads much of the time (I really love their stories-possibly my favorite parts were learning about them, so the ending was especially great for me). I flew through it, forcing myself to sleep so I wouldn’t miss anything. It is a solid 9 for me!  It did start making me need a break from the bus, so I was glad when they didn’t go to sleep right away after the first 10x. 😅 I also found a new flutter-worthy flower boy in the  cat lover. He was  as cute as his rescues😻(My master, the one in my icon, approves of his giant smile and pretty eyes.). Thank you for recommending it!

11th Challenge Completed! Thank you for the rec!

I recommend ElBee to watch Reset. since it's on your PTW list, and one of my highly rated shows. Plus it's only 15 episodes, so it's under 24 hrs! 😊

image link

Hi Giuca! Of course, everyone has their own preference! You're always welcome! (I already have another rec in mind for you if I end up having to recommend to you again someday! 🥰)

I accept Giuca's recommendation to watch Gameboys!

Status: Completed 8/10! It really was cute! Thanks for the rec!

Hi Tanii thank you for the last recommendation (Word of Honor): it was an interesting watch but unfortunately there were more things that I did not like than the ones I liked! No hard feelings?

Would you accept a rec from me? I see on your watchlist that you have not seen anything from the Philippines so how about a quarantine inspired bl Gameboys. It is arguably one of the best!

PS Tanii, thanks again! You have a knack of proposing real challenges for me, that make me think and ask questions! I really appreciate that!

EDIT Thanks Thyella, challenge accepted! I actually put only the sequel on my list because I heard that it starts with the first series recap which gives all the necessary info so watching it is not obligatory!

PS I love this challenge thread: you guy have the knack of challenging me to watch every drama I never wanted to watch! Brilliant!!!!🤣🤣🤣

FINAL VERDICT Tale of the Nine Tailed was good until it became draggy and then it ended so predictably but the last minute saved it, it was the best part! It took me too long to finish which is a bad sign for a binge watcher. 7.5/10 and it is this high because of that last minute! Thanks Thyella, I love this kind of fantasy involving supernatural creatures so I am very demanding and I felt that this one could have been better!

Okay, first try. Here goes nothing.

Hello Giuca

I saw that you have Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 on your PTW list. And because I believe that that drama is much more enjoyable if you have watched the first season, I would like to recommend Tale of the Nine-Tailed to you. 

I hope you enjoy it

Edit:

@Giuca: I think there was a sort of mini-recap/mention of what happened in the first season at the start of season 2, but it's all more impactful, if you know the characters and their relationships 🙂

Edit 2:

Thank you, disdoortion. Challenge accepted. This drama had actually kind of slipped my mind, so thank you for reminding me 🙂

This seems fun. I'm going to give it a try.

Hey Thyella, I recommend you Black Knight. It seems to me that we have quite different taste but i found this show on your PTW and I quite enjoyed it so I hope you do too.

Thank you, zen violet! I've always wanted to watch Signal, just never got to it so I accept the recommendation.

Rating: 8.5

Thoughts: I apologise this took me longer than expected (I suddenly got back into One Piece), however the drama, well.. I don't like to watch anything with time manipulation so that took me some getting used to as well as the ML acting. Despite that when I really got into it I thoroughly enjoyed it, I guess it being a mystery thriller saved it.

CHALLENGE #1 | CHALLENGE #2CHALLENGE #3 | CHALLENGE #4 | CHALLENGE #5

I recommend disdoortion to watch Signal (2016) cause it was on your PTW & its sooo good! Ya gotta watch the original before any remake imo.

Accepted Saygo's recommendation to watch Imawa no Kuni no Alice

My goal is to finish the manga first! AND you know i cant do zombies (like at all lol;)) so Sweet Home is a nooooo for me atm... Ironically tho, Im kinda looking forward to Zom 100 which is wild!!

reading :: chp 12/35

Rating ::  __/__

5th Challenge = Complete ^_^   (Apologies for taking so long to complete)

Recommendation for  zen violet - (We have the same taste in a lot like from  Non-Asian shows  to being supernatural/fantasy girlies  lol). I want you to watch  either Imawa no Kuni no Alice (not sure if death games are up your alley?)  or Sweet Home (i know you dislike zombies  mwahaha  but will this be the exception? ). I'm not confident you will  like  either of  them but just out of curiosity/fun  lets see what  you think. One is on your ptw list and the other on your not interested list so take your pick!

>>Badge----Image

I accept ElBee's rec for Signal. I heard that this  is a must watch  and have been meaning to see it.

Status- Completed(16/16)

Rating- 9.5

Thoughts- I think i just like crime/ thriller/mystery genres in general so this is up my alley anyway . I also like when a genre has a supernatural/fantasy/magic element or twist. The different timelines and time altering concept mixed in with traditional detective stories is what probably drew me in.