Hi Leafless7

I looked at your specified list and have not watched very many of the titles.

I would recommend:

1. Hotel Del Luna - Loved this fantasy

2. Dr. Romantic Season 2

3. Sweet Home Season 2

4. Parasyte: The Grey - not on your specified list - Sci-Fi

I am fine with a drama from any country. I enjoy BLs and other romantic comedies most, but don't let that stop you from recommending other genres. I'm not into war or martial arts though.

Thank you Jojo for your recommendations. They all look good though! I will honestly probably end up watching all of them lol. But for now I have chosen:

A Tale of Thousand Stars - CW Completed 8/23/24

I have heard from others that this is a good drama and that there was good chemistry. I look forward to watching it!

**I really enjoyed this show. It was a sweet story, and I would watch it again. I wish it would have been a little longer. I would like to see the MLs together for a few more episodes. I would recommend this drama to anyone who likes BLs.

Thank you Jojo for recommending to me.

Rating: 9/10

11th Challenge | 12th Challenge  : 

Hi IndigoMoon 

Here are few BL reccs. Let me know if you prefer something else - 

1. Bokura no Shokutaku - A 10 episode Japanese BL. It is pretty wholesome and fluffy. All the characters are very loveable and it has found family as a troupe. 

2. The Eighth Sense  -  A 10 episode Korean BL. The chemistry is so natural and organic between the leads and the cinematography is beautiful. Story has a unique premise and it keeps you hooked for 10 episodes straight! It deals with serious topics like depression and does handle it well. This for me set the standard for K-BLs. One of my favourite BLs :))

3. A tale of thousand stars - A 10 episode Thai BL drama  with a strong storyline, amazing chemistry and praise worthy OST's. A lot of issues were handled perfectly. Earth and Mix (both the leads) have undeniably phenomenal chemistry. This was the 1st BL where 10 episodes were enough for me and story didn't feel rushed or choppy.    

Open for reccs. Preferably BLs. Or anything that has romance! (not more than 16 episodes.)

Hi dearuto  It is always a pleasure to receive reccs from you. Always. Hehe. I am watching meet you at the blossom currently. So I will choose Love All Play

Rating: 

9th challenge completed here

Was in a drama slump for awhile but I'm finally back to continue this challenge! How amusing that the person I'll rec to is you again Jojo hehe. I know you mentioned BLs but unfortunately I have not watched that many BLs so the recs I have are just gonna be romance dramas

Badminton drama! I love how lovable the leads are despite their flaws and how he never gives up on her no matter what. Fate is rather cruel to the both of them but they eventually say F it and face their problems together ;; It's a good drama to savor slowly :) 

A short drama that I started with 0 expectations just purely baited from scrolling through their edits on DY HAHAHA initially the MC image from L&P was too strong but it went away quite quickly because!! he!! is!! so!! hot!! HAHA he mentioned in livestreams he watched a lot of k-dramas to act out that vibe (so funny lol). Anyway the plot is abit lacking but I enjoyed watching their relationship develop :) This is 24 episodes but each ep is only <30 mins long :) 

I... honestly don't know anything about this but I scrolled past other BL enjoyers watchlist and this seemed to have good reviews :) I thought this is quite interesting since this is danmei/guzhuang drama but in thai HAHA

I accept SKYLINE 's recommendation to watch Mission 1: Possible!

it was a good lighthearted movie and i had a fun time watching, thank you for the rec! (also it was on my ptw for the longest time so glad i got to clear it too hehe)

11th Challenge Completed - Memories of Alhambra

I recommend dearuto to watch Mission 1: Possible or PipelineI chose movies from your PTW, if you wish to replace, tell me.

Accepted KC Drama LOVER's recommendation - I Told Sunset About You

Status - Completed - 7.0/10

The Amount of 10's this one had, I was a bit scared to write a review. ??

I love angst and I'm never averted to slow-paced stories (melodramas to be precise ?), but the pacing of the story was random here. Graph went up and down of it's own accord and things happened in climax at lightening speed. ??
Coming-of-age stories of confused teenagers was really well done, which is a breath of fresh air among BLs. Teh, Oh-Aew, Tarn each one had their own mess of a feelings to deal with. I loved that part.
Despite that I couldn't feel the emotions that were represented, I couldn't cry or sympathise or feel love all the way along and I laughed at inappropriate times. ? Except for PP and Nat's acting I couldn't connect to anyone and I have a bad first impression of Billkin's acting. ?? I'll give him another chance for sake of his dimples.???
Chemistry between leads was alright, personally I think it was the mood that was set, made it the way it was and not the actors. Silence spoke better than words.
Story was alright but I think it was better of as a movie.
Cinematography was really great, the sunny setting and bright hues rightfully represented youth. ?

7.0/10 - was a 6 but cinematography is my achilles' heel and self discovery arc was great.

Thanks, @KC Drama LOVER for recommendation.

4th Challenge Completed!{?}

Hello, SKYLINE once again! It really hard to recommend you since you watched everything, specially in Thai. I did fishing and I found some that I liked and probably you would too. I would love to recommend you:

-Click on the title to reach the page (˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧

I am open to all recommends. Prefer BL or any type of movies.

Don't worry, just recommend me. I am sure that one of your recommend is in my PTW so absolutely don't go there („• ֊ •„)੭

I accept leafless7's recommendation of First love hatsukoi

Rating: 

Thoughts

14. Hi KC Drama LOVER

I am recommending you drama which I recommend mostly to other users.

1. Flower of Evil

2. Memories of the Alhambra

3. First love hatsukoi: enjoy 

4. Little women- from your ptw

you can recommend me from this list. Or you can recommend me best kdrama out there which I have yet to watch.

I accept dearuto's recommendation for The Fiery Priest

Thought: I know it has amazing action scenes and comedy. But comedy is not making me laugh. I am finding it so boring. 

I am putting it on hold for now. Because I want to enjoy it while watching as it's 8.6 rated and had such amazing cast. I will complete it before 2nd season which maybe is releasing in November or December.

Rating: no rating 

10th challenge completed here

Hi , I scrolled through your list and would like to recommend you to watch either

1. The Fiery Priest or
  2. Start-Up 

I personally hope you start TFP because I feel like it's still a rather underrated drama here. I started it without any expectations but enjoyed it a lot. I really laughed a lot throughout the episodes HAHHA

As usual open to any c/k-drama/movie recs! hopefully something light / comedy / romance :P

12th Challenge Completed - I Told Sunset About You

Hi again! dearuto. I recommend you to watch Because this is my first Life or Wonderful Nightmare.

Accepted ElBee's recommendation - Chief Detective 1958

Happy to receive rec from you. Yeah!! I'm that fuzzy person. lol. ? Appreciated your thought, but I'm not a mood watcher, when I say anything I mean it.??  I literally used picker wheel to decide. ??  All of them were great temptations. 

Similar thoughts ... no wait .. you also rated 9 .. ? .. wow what a match

Status - PTW

20th challenge completed!

Hi, SKYLINE (sure took me a long time to link GummyMarshmallow&this name lol), 

It is my turn this time! Thanks for the rec-the overuse of Angel was a bit frustrating, but I loved the kids and ML in particular, his senpai also a great character, the turtle (who is the fastest) song precious! I can’t remember what I wrote even 5 minutes ago let alone then, but I did write more in the other post. :)

Onto recs! You didn’t state a mood which can change 10 times as I type this, so I am going to throw a few out there by vibes:

1. Home Drama: Found family Jdrama that starts with a lot of totally unrelated people of all ages losing people they love the most… deeply healing for the people who feel like no one in the world could understand them only to get an invitation to the newly built home of someone who always (as an orphan) wanted a big family with lots of people coming and going only to be one of those left behind. It is probably my fave found fam drama (and I like them a lot so watch plenty of em) so I am aiming to get others to watch despite it being older so online eps are as compressed as SPAM canned meatstuff?: https://mydramalist.com/620-home-drama

2. Mr. Sunshine: On the opposite end of cinematography, every shot is precise and some feel like they should be tourism videos with wide shots of places looking ethereal-Oscar winning film level filmwork… set at the turn of the last century when Japan was occupying Joseon-later-Korea, the characters are a ML—Korean-born ML whose family was killed and who followed a missionary to the states and returns as part of their Military, a FL (Kim Tae Ri!) from a respected well-off family who is an independence fighter (her people, too), a Korean trained as a samurai (Yoo Yeon Seok-amazing costuming/transformation from the kid-to-me who is forever the slight dweeb I first encountered in his earlier works!) and is the top of his known to be brutal but with a soft melancholy, a rich fiance to the FL (Byun Yo Han), a badass female hotel owner (Kim Min Jung) who is a bit morally ambiguous on the surface as a businesswoman but pretty stunning to watch… hard to explain in a quick line, but lots of rebels undercover across all industries among Joseon people as Japan wants to colonize them under full imperial reign permanently (mostly to deal with their Chinese conflicts as Korea is perfectly located to enter mainland China from)-not so much about war as freedom fighters, so while there are guns, they are in the city they live, not battlegrounds that don’t suit most ppl’s taste. (Oh, and there is some romance though in a trying time and it is subdued despite pretty hard falling.) Personal note: I disliked Lee Byung Hun for 15 years straight and this role completely forgave all his past aggressions like winning the girl over Ji freaking Sung who was a sparkling ball of charisma in the early 2000s and pretty much still is.  https://mydramalist.com/23920-mr.-sunshine

3. Want some comedy with your pursuit of justice? Chief Detective 1958 is a prequel to a show that lasted decades and was loved for over 800 episodes, and Lee Je Hoon and Lee Dong Hwi (and the others too) really embodied their characters. It is a quick watch worth it just to see the cow thief #1 arrest rate haver go to the big city using his wits and charm to eliminate corruption. Sweet dating then husband-wife partners, too, with an endearing love life. https://mydramalist.com/718881-chief-inspector

Image link: https://flexible.img.hani.co.kr/flexible/normal/715/475/imgdb/original/2024/0422/20240422502299.jpg

4. Supernatural talents honed through some freakish technology in a high school with a special class for “The Gifted” as the title says, a Thai drama that somehow is not yet in your encyclopedia, I mean watch list! :) The teens hone their skills but also realize the harm they can do with them and the aim of their instructors (a second season called The Graduation finishes it when the group we get to know are seniors about to enter the workforce, though it is fine to just watch the first season): https://mydramalist.com/27367-the-gifted

5. Hard to describe without spoilers so I will leave Life on Mars at this: a top detective is in an accident while investigating a serial murder case. He trusts data, not instincts, only to find himself waking up-or is he just hallucinating? You can’t really know…  but he is suddenly in the 1980s around cops who can’t rely on such big data, and he needs to find both criminals there and his way home, however that is, wherever this is, whatever is happening to him. It is a remake of a British show I haven’t seen and definitely a mood driven show that if an ep doesn’t really intrigue you, just skip it til your mood needs weird intrigue and grungy 80s podunk police stations. :) https://mydramalist.com/26949-life-on-mars

6. I wouldn’t usually recommend two with a main actor overlap, but I wasn’t even thinking about this lead when my brain hit Prison Playbook, a bit of a slice of life of sorts with a real mix of crazy and sweet and crooked as can be, the ones we get the most time with on the weird but supportive of their fellow weirdos … and in comes a famous baseball player who saved his sister from being assaulted only to be imprisoned for it bc his arm is a weapon that can throw baseballs over 100mph. It is weirdly charming, endearing, and has bromance in every corner, the main guard of the baseball player happening to also be his best friend… who has had the longest crush ever and fallen for his buddy’s lil sis. ”Life is loony and Loony is life.” https://mydramalist.com/22624-wise-prison-life

I will stop there. Otherwise it’ll take you way too long to actually choose something. :)

Open for recs! Don’t look at my PTW list, just search my completed list to see if I have watched what you want me to see and throw it at me! Only non-options are historical Chinese or any with dubbing (so if foreign characters have others talking over them bc they are supposed to be fluent, that won’t go, either-I tried, and nope, never ever works). Weird shows are wonderful for me! :) Oh, and not in a BL mood lately, so skip that for a while. Those are mood watches and I am old and apparently have to meter my doses of cute “approaching adulthood” kid love without feeling like a bit of a creep. :)

I accept leafless7’s recommendation for Racket Boys

Rating/Thoughts: 

15. Hi ElBee

Drama which is left from 100 dramas I choose for you. (Because every drama is in your completed list.)

1. My Liberation Notes- you have watched many Lee Minki dramas, from here I became fan of Son Suk ku.

2. Reply 1994- the only reply series you have not watched.

3. Racket Boys- this one I want you to choose. Slice of Life, coach-player relationship, comedy.

you can recommend me from this list. Or you can recommend me best kdrama out there which I have yet to watch.

I accept jenn's recommendation for Bring It On, Ghost.

Thought: I binged it with my friend. I find it bit boring. But my friend liked it so much. It was good experience as it was my first time watching with my friend. I enjoyed discussing about this drama. Predicting, making theory. From me it's 8.5 and 9.5 from my friend.

Rating: 9 (average- which both agreed on)

26th Challenge 27th Challenge | 28th Challenge | 29th Challenge:

Hi again  leafless7

These are the Korean dramas I recommend

1. Bring It On, Ghost 
  2. My Only Love Song
  3. Where Your Eyes Linger

Open for recs! I have been on a Japan drama binge so if you have any short recs please send them. Feel free to recommend any others as well. No horror please.

Recommended show Even if This Love Disappears From the World Tonight by leafless7 .

Started:
Completed:

Rate: will update tonight

Comments #1: I love Japanese films and shows. They are top-tier and believe their storytelling is a lot more compelling. They are so beautiful. I read the synopsis for Even if This Love Disappears From the World Tonight and I could already tell this might make me sob like a toddler, which drove my need to watch it sometime this week. Excited to watch.

8th We Watch Challenge 2024
It is a quiet month with 6 Customised Badges, of which SKYLINE garnered 3 badges and gracing the Hall of Fame 2024 for the first time!

Silver Badges
•   
Jojo77 for recommending A Tale of Thousand Stars which has been rated 9/10
•   
SKYLINE for recommending Engine which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badges
•   Elbee for recommending Dr Romantic which has been rated 8.5/10
•   
SKYLINE for recommending Good Manager which has been rated 8/10
•   SKYLINE for recommending Mission 1: Possible which has been rated 8/10
•   
jenn for recommending Bokura no Shokutaku which has been rated 8/10

Hall of Fame

This Hall of Fame is characterised by slow and steady progress. jenn continues to reign the Hall of Fame with an additional 1x Bronze Badge and a grand total of 20 Customised Badges. Jojo77 and leafless7 also add a Silver Badge Badge each, accumulating 10 and 7 Customised Badges respectively. Last but not least, gracing the Hall of Fame for the first time is SKYLINE after getting 1x Silver Badge and 2x Bronze Badges.

20 Customised Badgesjenn (3x Gold, 4x Silver, 13x Bronze)
13 Customised BadgesElbee (2x Gold, 5x Silver, 6x Bronze)
10 Customised BadgesJojo77 (2x Gold, 2x Silver, 6x Bronze)
8 Customised BadgesSweetsis / Killer_Queen  (7x Silver, 1x Bronze)
7 Customised BadgesTanii (2x Gold, 2x Silver, 3x Bronze), leafless7 (1x Gold, 3x Silver, 3x Bronze), JulyMoon (1x Gold, 2x Silver, 4x Bronze)
6 Customised BadgesSelma (1x Gold, 3x Silver, 2x Bronze)
5 Customised Badgesneriya (1x Gold, 2x Silver, 2x Bronze), SKYLINE (1x Gold, 1x Silver, 3x Bronze), dearuto (1x Gold, 1x Silver, 3x Bronze)
4 Customised BadgesKC Drama LOVER (1x Gold, 2x Silver, 1x Bronze), Saygo (1x Silver, 3x Bronze),  Mart (1x Silver, 3x Bronze)
3 Customised Badgestheis (1x Gold, 2x Bronze), solana (2x Silver, 1x Bronze)

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Edited on Seotember 8th, 2024, 1630H for dark mode compatibility

jenn Hii once again 

I haven't watched much Japanese title. But I think their movies and dramas are beautiful-

1. Even if This Love Disappears From the World Tonight

2. Orange

3. My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday

4. Silent- 11 ep

5. Imawa no Kuni no Alice Season 2- 8 ep

As Always you can recommend me from this list. Or you can recommend me any best kdrama.

I accept The Kidnapping Day recommendation from sapphire

Thought: I was going to just check first episode but binged 5 ep straight. After so long I am amazed with plot twists of any drama.

I was hooked from start to end. Glad it has a satisfying ending. And amazing child actor. 

Rating: 10 

Hi, leafless7 ∘⁠˚⁠˳⁠° ☆

Recommend you to watch The Kidnapping Day! One of the dearest dramas to my heart this year.

For me you can recommend anything from my watchlist etc. or anything that not too long or in historical/war genre I guess

#1 : OK, as autumn is started I reach for smth teary, so gonna start Hi Bye, Mama next week!

#2 : I do like the start, keeping my tissues on hand though

26th Challenge 27th Challenge | 28th Challenge | 29th Challenge | 30th Challenge:

Hi sapphire , I went through your PTW list I recommend the following:

1. Mr. Queen - even though its historical, it was on your PTW. It is comedic and honestly, I had a blast watching it.

2. Racket Boys - coming-of-age drama. Revolves around sports, family, friendship, and a well-made piece. 

3. Hi Bye, Mama - a beautiful drama about loss, love, and second opportunities 

Open for recs! I No horror please or longer than 16 hrs