kdramamad wrote: i wouldn't put up with jerks either so id be the same haha xD

right?
cityhunter83 wrote: right?

Love how guys can act like complete jerks yet when us woman stand up for themselves its wrong in there eyes LOL
There is also the counterpart to the near miss: the impossible find. At some point, somebody can't be found and people go searching. If everybody goes to search random places, they usually don't find the person (if a person is found, then only by the leads or 2nd leads - but it is important that everybody runs around searching) If the lead does the searching alone he/she usually does find the person. Sometimes the lead is capable of finding the person because he/she knows him/her very well (e.g. You're beautiful) but sometimes they just find him/her because they run around the city long enough (there was even a jdrama where the female lead demanded the male lead to find her in the city, but i can't recall which drama it was. he found her 2times anyway). Well, apparently finding a single person in cities like Tokyo or Seoul while searching on foot is not that difficult. And if somebody drags you by the arm, you totally have no chance to break away. Because that is absolutely impossible, even if you are a police officer, body guard or whatever strong woman. If you meet somebody, you can't just talk to the person. First, you have to find a nice place to talk (why bother? if it's important, somebody will just happen to overhear it anyway - but that's a slightly different topic). Like, you have to at least drink a cup of coffee or you can't have a conversation. But it's totally okay to just leave the unfinished drink or untouched meal and walk away if the person makes you angry.
There is also the counterpart to the near miss: the impossible find. At some point, somebody can't be found and people go searching. If everybody goes to search random places, they usually don't find the person (if a person is found, then only by the leads or 2nd leads - but it is important that everybody runs around searching) If the lead does the searching alone he/she usually does find the person. Sometimes the lead is capable of finding the person because he/she knows him/her very well (e.g. You're beautiful) but sometimes they just find him/her because they run around the city long enough (there was even a jdrama where the female lead demanded the male lead to find her in the city, but i can't recall which drama it was. he found her 2times anyway). Well, apparently finding a single person in cities like Tokyo or Seoul while searching on foot is not that difficult. And if somebody drags you by the arm, you totally have no chance to break away. Because that is absolutely impossible, even if you are a police officer, body guard or whatever strong woman. If you meet somebody, you can't just talk to the person. First, you have to find a nice place to talk (why bother? if it's important, somebody will just happen to overhear it anyway - but that's a slightly different topic). Like, you have to at least drink a cup of coffee or you can't have a conversation. But it's totally okay to just leave the unfinished drink or untouched meal and walk away if the person makes you angry.
Mareina wrote: There is also the counterpart to the near miss: the impossible find.
At some point, somebody can't be found and people go searching. If everybody goes to search random places, they usually don't find the person (if a person is found, then only by the leads or 2nd leads - but it is important that everybody runs around searching) If the lead does the searching alone he/she usually does find the person. Sometimes the lead is capable of finding the person because he/she knows him/her very well (e.g. You're beautiful) but sometimes they just find him/her because they run around the city long enough (there was even a jdrama where the female lead demanded the male lead to find her in the city, but i can't recall which drama it was. he found her 2times anyway). Well, apparently finding a single person in cities like Tokyo or Seoul while searching on foot is not that difficult.

And if somebody drags you by the arm, you totally have no chance to break away. Because that is absolutely impossible, even if you are a police officer, body guard or whatever strong woman.

If you meet somebody, you can't just talk to the person. First, you have to find a nice place to talk (why bother? if it's important, somebody will just happen to overhear it anyway - but that's a slightly different topic). Like, you have to at least drink a cup of coffee or you can't have a conversation. But it's totally okay to just leave the unfinished drink or untouched meal and walk away if the person makes you angry.

haha i noticed that too :P its rather strange :)
Apparently, there are only dentists, oculists and plastic surgeons in seperate clinics in Korea and Japan. For every other problem you have to go to the hospital. Even if you just go there to get 10 different types of pills to cure your cold. I actually did faint once while I was in Japan (but no hot male appeared out of nowhere >.<) and was brought to the hospital. The doctor said he doesn't know what's wrong but gave me 5 kinds of pills anyway. Here's another law: Even if a person stayed in the US for several years, his/her English will suck. Still, everybody will be amazed by his/her excellect english speaking ability. (By the way, what's up with K2H anyway, where one person talks in english, the other responds in korean and vice versa, but they both understand each other perfectly)
Mareina wrote:
Here's another law: Even if a person stayed in the US for several years, his/her English will suck. Still, everybody will be amazed by his/her excellect english speaking ability.
(By the way, what's up with K2H anyway, where one person talks in english, the other responds in korean and vice versa, but they both understand each other perfectly)

Very true, rofl. Only exception seems to be Fashion King where real natives speak real English.
Szasha wrote: Very true, rofl. Only exception seems to be Fashion King where real natives speak real English.

I also noticed this but not just in dramas but tv shows interviews etc. English is there second language right?

I'm confused bout something thou, are they actually korean pop groups or are they from america because i know girls generation are from america ( some of them or all of them) so i was rather confused to here this there was also another kpop singer from america
It must of been diffcult for them to learn korean so fluently
Mareina wrote: (By the way, what's up with K2H anyway, where one person talks in english, the other responds in korean and vice versa, but they both understand each other perfectly)

i havent watched k2H but so i dont know the context, but when you speak a foriegn language it is not at all uncommon to understand it better than you speak it, so in context the situaton you describe doesnt seem that odd to me. i can understand most of what a person is saying in korean, but if asked to respond in korean i'd be all porky pig.
Rule 53 (I guess): A hard-working angel you might be, but you will suffer poverty and hide from loan sharks due to your irresponsible father. Eventually, you'll get into some shady deal to pay them back.

My Girl, Sunshine Angel, Mary stayed out all night, Why why love, Atashinchi no Danshii...

Some parents are really irresponsible... and isn't usury illegal?

There was one drama (that I didn't finish I guess), probably Taiwanese one, with a second lead being a positive, understanding loan shark boss... that was something original, was it Easy Fortune Happy Life? I think so...
All shall abide law #1! Seriously I just finished My Girl, it was cute, but it has near miss overload. I heard somewhere that brain filters incoming information and triggers according to what it's focused on (e.g. that's why I spot Converse Chuck Taylors everywhere I go or Asian people). So if you're in love and thinking about that person, it should be impossible to miss them when they pass you by in 2m2 parameter, more likely everyone around would resemble them.... However...in dramas... it must be some evil magic if you can't recognize your love walking directly in front of you....
RULE 54: The best solution of the problem it CRY-CRY-CRY... the more the better...

RULE 55: If you face a problem that needs to be decided upon by you and your counterpart, NEVER consult him/her about it... bad idea... just decide for yourself, and you don't even need to state the problem to him/her, just go and tell him/her the BAD/SAD/HEARTVREAKING solution you came up on your own...

Is it obvious I've been watching Love Rain?
VioletSakura wrote: RULE 54: The best solution of the problem it CRY-CRY-CRY... the more the better...

RULE 55: If you face a problem that needs to be decided upon by you and your counterpart, NEVER consult him/her about it... bad idea... just decide for yourself, and you don't even need to state the problem to him/her, just go and tell him/her the BAD/SAD/HEARTVREAKING solution you came up on your own...

Is it obvious I've been watching Love Rain?

haha yes very obv. tbh I refuse to contuie watching love rain because it is way to dramatic for my liking. I seriously cant stand so much dramaticness

rule 56: has anyone else noticed this? In some dramas the day after they err done it. Clothes are no where to be found? what did they do clean it during the night? cleaning elves? I was watching take care of my agasshi again and I happened to notice that. I think ive seen it in other dramas but I cant quite remember haha
rule 57: it is possible to shovel down spoonfuls of rice 8 times larger than your mouth as long as you are crying at the time you try to eat it, some one packs you on the back, or you take a sip of water. seriously, sometimes i watch and i actually get worried for the actors. "there's NO WAY he can swallow that!" and "OMO! she's gonna choke!!!!"
I know the marriage contract thing has been addressed. I just wanted to say the biggest lesson I have learned form dramas is that Koreans are experts at making contracts (be it for marriages, organs, fake dating, etc.) I shall keep this in mind so I don't get bamboozled. :p