objectivity.jpg
We all have them. They are the dramas we rated 10 for absolutely NO rational reasons.
You know that if you switch your brain on, you'll see the flaws, and the weird plot twists, and the shortcut, and the actors' shortcomings, and the over-the-top OST...but still, you rated them 10.

Why ?

Because they are special to you. Your first drama, the one you watched during an entire night with your BFF, the one you used to lure your boyfriend into Dramaland, the one that reminds you of a personnal experience, the one that made you fall in love with your bias....
Tell us your story behind that weird 10

I'll start with one of mine.
Mine is 14 Sai no Haha

p0a9qkzs28fr.jpg

Synopsis : Miki (Shida Mirai) is a normal cheerful 14 years old. But one day, her 15 years old friend Satoshi (Haruma Miura) and her go through a scary event that take their rationality away, and they sleep together. This could have endded there, only now, Miki is pregnant. Now everyone is involved. His family,  his school, his mother's job, Her family, her school, her parents' job, and the doctors, who all tell her one thing : she must get an abortion. 

Why I think this drama should not get a 10 :

- Even when you set aside the obvious message of the drama itself and watch it as an entertainment, the drama is still flawed. The acting is very good, but sometimes over the top and forced.
- There is absolutely NO way those two leads could have done it, when you see the lack of chemistry between them (not blaming 13 year old shida mirai for not being able to pull that off)
- The OST was beautiful, but was also clearly there to make you cry, which is something that I came to kindda dislike now. No matter how beautiful, I don't like when the OST is there to serve as a device to make the audience agree with the characters.

Why did I rate it 10 then ?

Because I love it. Because I watched it in 2008, just after Hana Yori Dango, which was my first drama. After HanaDan, I was so in love with Jdramas that I just thought "Okay, I'll watch them all." So I clicked on the first on the list and this was 14 Sai no Haha. I was overwhelmed by the feels and the music, and the story and the acting. It wasn't like anything I've seen before. I watched HanaDan because I'd seen the manga, but this drama was really by first real step into Dramaland. So I cry everytime I rewatched it.

So, that was one of my weird 10s.
Who's next ?

Boss and me
Mine would be "boss and Me" or "Shan Shan comes to eat"

if you ask me why I rated it so high, there is no real reason to it, I just enjoyed this drama profusely. It was fun, light, there were no extremely evil people, the main lead wasn't a complete douche, the female lead wasn't a complete doormat, no evil parents. There was no uncomfortable second male lead and the second female though albeit a little obsessed wasn't outrightly evil and dangerous and gave up gracefully eventually, maybe a bit longer than she should have but in the end, she saw reason and bowed out. The female lead was fun and nice and cute and male lead was entirely devoted to her, he never even had second thoughts or any misunderstanding crap, he just loved her and showed and it and everyone knew he loved her more than anything. They were all rational human beings in the end and they didn't prolong any angst. And most of all, my most favorite thing about it is that even though the female lead was innocent and sweet, she was "NOT A NOBLE IDIOT". I m sorry I can't stand those kinds of characters and when things bother  her, she thinks about them for a while and if she can't handle it, she speaks out but if she can, she handles it and forgets about it, THE END.  Let's not forget that the friends and families in this were quite amazing well except for the outrageous aunt and her cousins loser boyfriend but they weren't really important. apart from them, they were no back stabbers or hypocrites and they were all supportive.

I thought I was only going to say a little but I ended up saying a lot, but this is my most irrational 10 I ever gave to a drama that had no unique concepts, no outrageously good acting, or had my favorite actors doing amazing stuff, I just gave this drama 10 because it kept me up all night and yet made me feel good about it. It's my most highly rated relax and feel good go to drama since I started watching drama in 2009. The story may have been cliche and unoriginal but the characters were original inthe way they were portrayed as rational human beings rather than the over the top crazies we re used to, and that is why I gave it a 10.
Piece, everyone says how the acting was below par and they ending was to open ended...but I loved it. okay I loved Nakayama Yuma.
I haven't rated any drama with 10 but I think I usually overrated dramas. Quite often I am not satisfied with story and that is reason why I usually skip some episodes in the middle of drama. Also, sometimes main characters are "too soft" for my taste but even so I give them quite good rates. Main reason is that these dramas make me feel good after watching them. So yup, I give them good grades because of the feeling during watching dramas.

I give to The Master's Sun 9,5 but I know it isn't objective. Story has some cliche stuff etc. but even so I really like it.
BOF because the Nostalgic Value. No way to really validate that drama but I still get really defensive over it.
Marriage, Not Dating there wasn't anything special about this drama but it was just a lot of fun to watch.