Doragaminato:

Oh thanks for your answer. I'll stop watching there ^^

You don't have to stop, unless you want to stream only from legal sites of course :) We have a thread for such sites too: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-asia-forum/5632-official-thread-where-to-stream-or-download

Not everyone can afford to pay membership :) This thread is for those who can.

Great job!  

About Tubi, there are actually way more Korean dramas than Chinese.  At least there were for me when I looked (under Foreign Favorites).  Maybe it's a region thing.

I don't think it's worth adding to the list, but for completists Xfinity does have a few dramas on its streaming site.  I checked and it seems to be just a handful chosen from the handful that Hulu has left now.  They also have a bizarre assortment of dramas with episodes missing, all SBS and MBC titles.  So to anyone with Xfinity who's curious I'd say to avoid.

MBCClassic is a decent source to add, though, as someone mentioned above.  A bit hard to navigate their channel but still manageable.

I wonder is it possible to add some sort of indication of whether the site has free viewing options?   From the way the list reads, it might seem to a beginner like you can't watch on those sites without a paid membership, when that's not always the case.  I mean, think of the difference between Viki (tons to watch) and Netflix (no access), for instance, but on the chart they look the same.  Just a suggestion, since this post will probably draw a lot of newcomers.

xire:
I wonder is it possible to add some sort of indication of whether the site has free viewing options? From the way the list reads, it might seem to a beginner like you can't watch on those sites without a paid membership, when that's not always the case. I mean, think of the difference between Viki (tons to watch) and Netflix (no access), for instance, but on the chart they look the same. Just a suggestion, since this post will probably draw a lot of newcomers.

I did put a note next to Viki that if you contribute you can get a free pass for 6 months (however, it also depends on your region, I can't watch all dramas even though I'm a contributor). Some sites have free trial period, but if there's a site I missed that offers free viewing I will update it. :)

Ceki:

Hahaha I didn't know that some dramas on DF were available in Ireland, I'll add it :) :D

Thank you. 

Ceki:
if you're a contributor (subbing, segmenting) then you get a 6-months Viki pass. The license restrictions are not publicly known.

You can watch stuff for free on viki without a pass. But you will need a pass or I guess a premium account to watch stuff in Hd.

You also have a choice to watch stuff with the ads or if you have an ad blocker to wait  60 seconds for the drama to continue. 

Ceki, thank you for compiling this list. I wonder if it's possible to pin this thread on top? It's really informative, and I think it deserves a more prominent place on the general forum.

kura2ninja:

Ceki, thank you for compiling this list. I wonder if it's possible to pin this thread on top? It's really informative, and I think it deserves a more prominent place on the general forum.

It will be pinned when the mod comes back :) Thanks!

https://tv.zing.vn/

I think this is also a legal site from Vietnam. It's only for Vietnamese users I believe.

Ceki:

I did put a note next to Viki that if you contribute you can get a free pass for 6 months (however, it also depends on your region, I can't watch all dramas even though I'm a contributor). Some sites have free trial period, but if there's a site I missed that offers free viewing I will update it. :)

I was actually talking about Viki’s free ad-supported streaming (not about free trials or being a QC).  Also available with DramaFever, Crunchyroll, OnDemandKorea, Kocowa, and Tubi (maybe others?).  Not available with Amazon, Netflix, Hulu.  Sorry I wasn’t more clear :)

It just varies greatly from site to site how much you get on that free option.  In the case of Kocowa, what time of day you try to access it is another factor.  They have a section called Taste24Hr, where new episodes of currently airing shows are free to watch for for a certain window of time.  But they also have a normal free section with stuff that is available anytime.

irish:

Thank you. 

You can watch stuff for free on viki without a pass. But you will need a pass or I guess a premium account to watch stuff in Hd.

You also have a choice to watch stuff with the ads or if you have an ad blocker to wait  60 seconds for the drama to continue. 

xire:

I was actually talking about Viki’s free ad-supported streaming (not about free trials or being a QC).  Also available with DramaFever, Crunchyroll, OnDemandKorea, Kocowa, and Tubi (maybe others?).  Not available with Amazon, Netflix, Hulu.  Sorry I wasn’t more clear :)

It just varies greatly from site to site how much you get on that free option.  In the case of Kocowa, what time of day you try to access it is another factor.  They have a section called Taste24Hr, where new episodes of currently airing shows are free to watch for for a certain window of time.  But they also have a normal free section with stuff that is available anytime.

Oh I see, that is a good point. I'll see if I can squeeze that info in the opening post. :)

xire:
I don't think it's worth adding to the list, but for completists Xfinity does have a few dramas on its streaming site. I checked and it seems to be just a handful chosen from the handful that Hulu has left now. They also have a bizarre assortment of dramas with episodes missing, all SBS and MBC titles. So to anyone with Xfinity who's curious I'd say to avoid.

Can you share the link please? :)

viewster has one korean tv drama. It used to have more.

Superstar.8 episodes.

http://www.viewster.com/genre/50/korean-drama/

Ceki:

Can you share the link please? :)

Xfinity Stream  But it's a mess, like I said I don't think it's worth adding to the list.  I mentioned it only as a curiosity, one that Infinity users needn't bother pursuing.  There's hardly anything there, and between the dead links, the missing episodes, and the ones that are there but aren't labeled numerically, it's like one of the worst places possible to try to watch a drama.  Certainly the worst legal place.  

Seeing all the vestiges of previous Hulu content in these messed up Xfinity listings is a sad reminder of all the dramas that Hulu used to have :(  

Ok so since they added Filipino shows, are there any legal streaming sites for them that I can add to the first post?

Ceki:

Ok so since they added Filipino shows, are there any legal streaming sites for them that I can add to the first post?

tfc.tv is the only one I know 

iFlix

It has a good number of Filipino dramas and movies as well as Korean, Chinese, American, etc. It's a predominantly a Southeast Asian site.

Not everything is subbed though.