Recently got really frustrated with the irresponsible, inefficient, and arrogant English subbers for the majority of the ongoing Japanese dramas. Most took around a week, and some titles I was following even fell more than 1mth behind schedule!

Decided to just switch over to Chinese subs like I did two seasons ago with Monster.
Chinese subs are released within 24hrs, and are often accompanied with smaller Japanese subs which make for good Japanese review.

In a perfect world, I would prefer English subs. I tend to get confused with reading a processing a Japanese name in the midst of a Chinese sentence. And there are always those very difficult and specific words that I only guess at, such as most recently I believe some form of quantum physics theory in Galileo S2.

Do you use language subtitles? Which ones? Why? Where?
I use English or Chinese.

The poll list was based off the top 10 from http://d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php
I use English (mother tongue) and sometimes Japanese.
My mother tongue is French, but I hate watching something with French subs. Plus the wait is really long. So I always watch with English subs, even if nowadays I tend to watch Korean dramas without them.
When it comes to kdramas, I use English subs since they're subbed fast, but with Jdramas, sometimes I have to watch them raw or with Japanese subs especially the currently airing ones... I'm not completely fluent in Japanese, but I still understand most of what is said, except when the vocabulary is too specific like in medical dramas and such
Always English, I don't use even my native, Polish at all. I even don't remember when was the last time.
my mother language is Arabic , but I use English subtitle because its faster
I usually use English subtitles but time to time I use Spanish as well
I use English or Spanish, but the option wasn't in the poll. ^^
French and Italian too.
Almost all the time English subs, and occasionally French subs (but I find it weird now that I'm used to English).
MeiLi wrote: Almost all the time English subs, and occasionally French subs (but I find it weird now that I'm used to English).

It's the same for me, but in my case it's Italian (my mother tongue) and not French ^^
French and english
Only English subs, even if there are subs in my own language available i still prefer the english one.
Loretti wrote: Only English subs, even if there are subs in my own language available i still prefer the english one.

Exactly this.