yeessss watch pratigya, i'm watching it rn and it's amazing 

and yes he does prioritise the FL over everything, he doesn't really care about his family and the FL has to convince him to be nice to them.  He can be a bit frustrating at first because he's an outright stalker who kidnaps the FL, calls her up at night, sends her anonymous gifts and breaks up her engagement with the guy she likes. 

The main theme of the show is about the FL fighting for her place in a highly patriarchal world. Watching this, the family dynamics will remind you of chinese historical ones LMAO

the FL is super independent and strong but still traditional. She marries the ML ultimately so that he'll stop harrassing her and her family, and also as a way to take revenge for breaking up her engagement. She wants to prove that even after getting married, she'll never truly be his and refuses to conssumate their marriage.  eventually however, she gives in as she realises how much the ML loves her. It can be a bit frustrating and you'll be annoyed at her character for not accepting the ML.

The ML is the best, he has evrything i love in MLs. He's super aggressive, violent and a local goon of sorts. I remember he once beat up a dude to death for touching the FL( the dude was innocent lmao)

He has a sister too and the funny part is, he's ready to sacrifise her to marry the FL. In order to marry the FL, he had to marry away his sister to a random dude and he agreed without thinking twice. I really love the relationship b/w the sister and her husband though. The husband is the FL's brother who's hesitant about his sister's marriage to the ML so he asks the ML to marry him to his sister so that the ML's family treats her well. It's another hate to love side couple story. 

Some aspects can be a bit triggering though. The main theme of the show is patriarchy so naturally the ML and his family is super misogynistic. A lot of the show is based on mother in law- daughter in law scuffles and kitchen politics which can be annoying. The ml is also super misogynistic which can be annoying, but the fl turns him into a better person. There was a scene where he finds out that the FL used to have a relationship in college and slaps her, it was so triggering for me. But overall i love their chemistry, violent aggressive ML and strong mature FL. the ml is like a dog and i love how the fl can control him effectively. 

Also it's super long(700 eps), i kind of left it midway cuz of how draggy it was. I left it during some plot thing where the FL's sister becomes the fl's brother in law's second wife. 

The ending is also satisfying. The misunderstandings b/w the fl and ml all get resolved early on and i love that they don't get seperated over and over again like other indian dramas

more shows i'd recommend 

Saraswati chandra( normal ML and obsessive villain)

ek deewana tha(2 obsessive ML's)

kumkum( a very long and old show, nice ML and obsessive villain)

pyaar ki ye ek kahaani 

Also don't waatch season 2 of pratigya at all. I don't see the point of it lmao. They make a season 2 out of nowhere after 9 years of the show's end only to ruin all characters and add the usual mix of amnesia, 2nd marriages and what not. I just ignore it altogether

I would also like to recommend Zindagi ki Mehek. The H does go batshit insane when he falls in love, is very possessive and does not take no for an answer.  He is a grey character though, does some pretty questionable things....all in all would recommend! 

Another show , my new favorite must watch 

Kyun uthhe dil chhod aye, it's quite different from the usual ones. It's historical too, set in the 40s during turbulent political times. I really love the chemistry btw the ML and the FL, the ml is nice and kind type but he isn't boring at all, he does get crazy sometimes but only when it comes to the FL which is so hot. The second ML is super possessive and villain type, he has issues and can do anything to get the FL. I love him so much and he fits right with thr FL but I'm an all time ML-FL shipper so :( 

The love triangle is INTENSE 

You can find it subbed on set tv channel

A little off topic, but a really good show right now is Imlie - it's really different than usual Indian dramas. The characters actually make decisions that make sense and the acting of the male lead is phenomenal. Also of the secondary female lead. It's on Hotstar and Hulu. I love that once he realizes his love for the female lead he legit will do anything to make it happen. Not evil, but good - but REALLY INTENSE in his goodness. lol also super hot when he's angry and he's always angry.

Any Pakistani shows that have super possessive hero? 

SKY:

Any Pakistani shows that have super possessive hero? 

Watch Khaani till episode 21. It's super good with exactly what you want. 

kshit14:

Watch Khaani till episode 21. It's super good with exactly what you want. 

Already watched it. Thanks. Any more?

glassesNeet:

A little off topic, but a really good show right now is Imlie - it's really different than usual Indian dramas. The characters actually make decisions that make sense and the acting of the male lead is phenomenal. Also of the secondary female lead. It's on Hotstar and Hulu. I love that once he realizes his love for the female lead he legit will do anything to make it happen. Not evil, but good - but REALLY INTENSE in his goodness. lol also super hot when he's angry and he's always angry.

Yeah Imlie Is addiction once ML starts falling for FL. I really love the comic role of FL. Shez just opposite of ML in every aspect which just defines their opposite attract chemistry. 

Recommendation:

Kabir Singh (movie)... Obsessive ML... 

If anyone liked Kabir singh then u should watch newly launched tv series Sirf Tum. ML is like Obsessive alpha & his obsession is FL as the title describes.

raani:

I would also like to recommend Zindagi ki Mehek. The H does go batshit insane when he falls in love, is very possessive and does not take no for an answer.  He is a grey character though, does some pretty questionable things....all in all would recommend! 

I hv seen this cooking based show... ML is bit possessive about FL but I still didn't like the way he handles the things... He basically took credit of FM's recipes without her knowledge. I don't like that type of taking advantage types love stories... Even after their marriage, FL had to suffer a lot... He was not a great support... He took her for granted... 

Mona Maurya:

I hv seen this cooking based show... ML is bit possessive about FL but I still didn't like the way he handles the things... He basically took credit of FM's recipes without her knowledge. I don't like that type of taking advantage types love stories... Even after their marriage, FL had to suffer a lot... He was not a great support... He took her for granted... 

I completely agree, he does some shitty things but this was before he actually fell for her.....he does a 180 real quick once he realizes his love....I actually started watching it after she dumps him and he grovels for ages...

raani:

OMG, I find the ML to be super hot -love the way he looks at the FL from the youtube mvs! I don't care how terrible the ML is to the FL before he realizes his feelings, but once he starts becoming aware of his love, he better act in a way where I can tell he really loves the girl and never gives up on her. 

Too bad there's no subs...

bjkan:

Another show , my new favorite must watch 

Kyun uthhe dil chhod aye, it's quite different from the usual ones. It's historical too, set in the 40s during turbulent political times. I really love the chemistry btw the ML and the FL, the ml is nice and kind type but he isn't boring at all, he does get crazy sometimes but only when it comes to the FL which is so hot. The second ML is super possessive and villain type, he has issues and can do anything to get the FL. I love him so much and he fits right with thr FL but I'm an all time ML-FL shipper so :( 

The love triangle is INTENSE 

You can find it subbed on set tv channel

Thanks for the rec! I'll check it out when I get the chance since the 2nd ML sounds right up my ally, lol! I'm always up for an intense love triangle with fireworks galore...

Jess4163:

OMG, I find the ML to be super hot -love the way he looks at the FL from the youtube mvs! I don't care how terrible the ML is to the FL before he realizes his feelings, but once he starts becoming aware of his love, he better act in a way where I can tell he really loves the girl and never gives up on her. 

Too bad there's no subs...

Oh H is ridiculously hot! it is subbed on zee5.....don't worry H is more than a little clingy! *wink*