Jess4163:

Wow, thanks for the explanations! Pratigya sounds right up my alley -hope it has subs or detailed summaries. Does the ML prioritize the FL above everything, even his family? Thanks again!

Yes, he does... His character is sort of like Shaurya of SAAKK... The only negative point about is that he is illiterate but I guess his character won't be be fun if he was educated. ML fell for FL at first sight while FL took a long time to reciprocate his love. 

Jess4163:

Wow, thanks for the explanations! Pratigya sounds right up my alley -hope it has subs or detailed summaries. Does the ML prioritize the FL above everything, even his family? Thanks again!

Hey! Had to  jump in here to agree. Pratigya revolves around the ML's obsession for the FL, before and after their marriage. Although I did find the ML a bit too weak post-marriage, but his love for her was a major plot point throughout both the seasons. The OTP has sizzling chemistry and the FL definitely has more say.....he hangs onto her every word, gives in to all her demands and she sets the pace of their relationship. His love only increases with time and this was the show that got me into this trope. Would definitely recommend! 

Mona Maurya:

Yes, he does... His character is sort of like Shaurya of SAAKK... The only negative point about is that he is illiterate but I guess his character won't be be fun if he was educated. ML fell for FL at first sight while FL took a long time to reciprocate his love. 

Dang, wish he was an intellectual too like Shaurya...but as long as he's manly/powerful/smart, I guess that's attractive too. Ooh, I really like a resistant FL who has a backbone and takes a long time to reciprocate. 

I caught an episode and find both leads to be extremely attractive (there's also written updates for almost every episode, yay)! Hopefully, their chemistry sizzles for me.  But the show's sooo long, like 700+ episodes! Usually series that go on this long have terrible plot threads at one point that ruin characters. Does the possessive ML, at any point, ever give up, commit noble idiocy or cheat? I hope not...thanks!

raani:

Hey! Had to  jump in here to agree. Pratigya revolves around the ML's obsession for the FL, before and after their marriage. Although I did find the ML a bit too weak post-marriage, but his love for her was a major plot point throughout both the seasons. The OTP has sizzling chemistry and the FL definitely has more say.....he hangs onto her every word, gives in to all her demands and she sets the pace of their relationship. His love only increases with time and this was the show that got me into this trope. Would definitely recommend! 

Thanks so much for your input! When you say the ML is a bit "too weak" post-marriage, do you mean he's less powerful overall or his love for the FL grows weaker (he takes his family's side more over the FL)? In addition, is the ML powerful in his own right and not wholly dependent on his family's money (if they cut him off, would he still be self sufficient)? Thanks again!

Jess4163:

Dang, wish he was an intellectual too like Shaurya...but as long as he's manly/powerful/smart, I guess that's attractive too. Ooh, I really like a resistant FL who has a backbone and takes a long time to reciprocate. 

I caught an episode and find both leads to be extremely attractive (there's also written updates for almost every episode, yay)! Hopefully, their chemistry sizzles for me.  But the show's sooo long, like 700+ episodes! Usually series that go on this long have terrible plot threads at one point that ruin characters. Does the possessive ML, at any point, ever give up, commit noble idiocy or cheat? I hope not...thanks!

I watched the show off line... So never completed it but from reviews it gets draggy because of other character's storyline... About ML, like I said he never wavered even once when it comes to FL... Like Anokhi, FL(Pratigya) is no pushover...she hated ML initially as he forced her & her family for marriage... Otherwise She knows where to take her stand as well for other needy person. ML is weak only coz of FL. His family loves him dearly like Shaurya's family. So, ML is not intimidated by anybody... U can assure of that. There is nothing like cutt of from family. It's just FL took a pretty long time to accept ML which made him somewhat inferior sometimes... There is nothing like nobel idiocy...infact ML tried to change himself for FL. No stupid sacrifice. No giving up on each other...truly loyal to each other...Overall he is like alpha Male... Give it a shot for season 1... U'll love it... Whenever u find it boring just drop it there... Simple?

Season 2 is almost everything what I hate most. Leads separation, their marriage with another people coz of their amnesia, family being the villiain etc. 

ML one liners are famous & funny... I must say... There are lots of memes of it... 

Mona Maurya:
I watched the show off line... So never completed it but from reviews it gets draggy because of other character's storyline... About ML, like I said he never wavered even once when it comes to FL... Like Anokhi, FL(Pratigya) is no pushover...she hated ML initially as he forced her & her family for marriage... Otherwise She knows where to take her stand as well for other needy person. ML is weak only coz of FL. His family loves him dearly like Shaurya's family. So, ML is not intimidated by anybody... U can assure of that. There is nothing like cutt of from family. It's just FL took a pretty long time to accept ML which made him somewhat inferior sometimes... There is nothing like nobel idiocy...infact ML tried to change himself for FL. No stupid sacrifice. No giving up on each other...truly

Thanks for your detailed explanation! Lol, I'm probably going to skip around a lot since I find the pacing to be very slow (dozens of episodes to make one minor point; already dragging the leads' first meeting for no good reason), but the romance sounds very enticing and I like both leads. I guess most Indian series isn't as fast paced as SAAKK or Gulaal.

Jess4163:

Thanks so much for your input! When you say the ML is a bit "too weak" post-marriage, do you mean he's less powerful overall or his love for the FL grows weaker (he takes his family's side more over the FL)? In addition, is the ML powerful in his own right and not wholly dependent on his family's money (if they cut him off, would he still be self sufficient)? Thanks again!

Always happy to help! He was a powerful goon in his own right but the money did come from the family. Pratigya as a character was always too bookish for my liking, she was always seeing things in black or white...practicality was not her thing. She wanted him to completely change his lifestyle, start earning an honest living, leave behind all his family businesses etc. He almost always supported her against his family but sometimes even I got frustrated and wanted her to just shut up! lol! His love never wavers but he just sort of loses his edge and becomes a henpecked, harmless puppy who's all bark and no bite... always following her around. This was also a running gag in the show, whenever he sees her going into their room he always has to follow. 

All in all, I would definitely recommend it but as you said, skip the unrelated parts. Also, Gulaal and SAAKK are also good shows in their own rights. Sadly both of them had their endings rushed due to low TRPs but the ML's were fantastic.

@raani : very well explained.. I had dropped this series after the exit of Ganga...Too much family drama for my liking... Watched it long time ago so forgot about it... Ur post reminded a lots of things. Thanx for that.... 

@Jess4163 : Sry for comparing pratigya with anokhi... Both are different... Anokhi was much more stronger. About ML... I guess Krishna's love is like crazily obsession initially... He was smitten with pratigya & wanted to possess her without regarding her feeling which was very selfish of him. Although he never hurt her but he still forced her to marry him which she never wanted in first place. While Shaurya's love was genuine.. That's y he forced anokhi to marry him only after he was sure of her feelings towards him... 

In my opinion, Krishna is more selfish & obsessive than Shaurya.... But one common trait in both MLs is that they got henpecked post marriage...FLs are always their priority even over their families. 

raani:
Pratigya as a character was always too bookish for my liking, she was always seeing things in black or white...practicality was not her thing. She wanted him to completely change his lifestyle, start earning an honest living, leave behind all his family businesses etc. He almost always supported her against his family but sometimes even I got frustrated and wanted her to just shut up! lol! His love never wavers but he just sort of loses his edge and becomes a henpecked, harmless puppy who's all bark and no bite... always following her around. This was also a running gag in the show, whenever he sees her going into their room he always has to follow.

All in all, I would definitely recommend it but as you said, skip the unrelated parts. Also, Gulaal and SAAKK are also good shows in their own rights. Sadly both of them had their endings rushed due to low TRPs but the ML's were fantastic.

Pratigya sounds very "holier than thou" which will definitely get on my nerves. 

Yeah, I prefer my MLs to never lose their edge once they fall in love...dislike ones who lose their personality and just becomes a sap. SAAKK's Shaurya never lost his alpha manliness despite falling hard for Anokhi. He just became more adorable, but is as commanding as ever when he takes charge. Sigh...such a shame about the rushed ending and lack of good romantic scenes in the the last 10 episodes.

Mona Maurya:

@raani : very well explained.. I had dropped this series after the exit of Ganga...Too much family drama for my liking... Watched it long time ago so forgot about it... Ur post reminded a lots of things. Thanx for that.... 

@Jess4163 : Sry for comparing pratigya with anokhi... Both are different... Anokhi was much more stronger. About ML... I guess Krishna's love is like crazily obsession initially... He was smitten with pratigya & wanted to possess her without regarding her feeling which was very selfish of him. Although he never hurt her but he still forced her to marry him which she never wanted in first place. While Shaurya's love was genuine.. That's y he forced anokhi to marry him only after he was sure of her feelings towards him... 

In my opinion, Krishna is more selfish & obsessive than Shaurya.... But one common trait in both MLs is that they got henpecked post marriage...FLs are always their priority even over their families. 

Well, Shaurya is also a well written character and his whole "falling in love" journey was carefully laid out. On the other hand, I find Krishna's entire character to be a sort of gag in itself. He just comes out of the gate obsessive/delusional about the FL's feelings and it's done for comedic purposes. Different types of MLs for sure...

@Mona Maurya  Same here! I lost interest when they shifted focus on the family drama. But Krishna remains my first J/P ML whom I adore!

@Jess4163  Oh her attitude gets annoying the minute she opens her mouth post marriage. Krishna did not intentionally force her into marriage, it was all a misunderstanding and she gives him attitude despite knowing that. Anyhow, I did like their chemistry despite her being little warmer than a block of ice.  Shaurya was bae the moment he got cutely jealous....but the story was all over the place by the end and they did not do justice to the couple. Instead of wasting time, they should have focused on the new couple's life...how they bridged the gap of their ideologies and principles. Anokhi was a strong character but her wishy-washy attitude did bother me...she fell in love like 3 seconds after his realization and her hot and cold treatment of him wasn't consistent. I loved the marriage track when she refused to acknowledge the wedding but then they show her wearing the sindoor and and being all giddy...she did a 180 real quick! There was some noble idiocy on her part too.... why would a bold person like her fall for that and not even tell him! Their chemistry was crackling though.....they truly looked in love! 

raani:
Shaurya was bae the moment he got cutely jealous....but the story was all over the place by the end and they did not do justice to the couple. Instead of wasting time, they should have focused on the new couple's life...how they bridged the gap of their ideologies and principles. Anokhi was a strong character but her wishy-washy attitude did bother me...she fell in love like 3 seconds after his realization and her hot and cold treatment of him wasn't consistent. I loved the marriage track when she refused to acknowledge the wedding but then they show her wearing the sindoor and and being all giddy...she did a 180 real quick! There was some noble idiocy on her part too.... why would a bold person like her fall for that and not even tell him! Their chemistry was crackling though.....they truly looked in love!

Yeah, both the GOA kidnapping plot (I know ML actor got Covid, but still, crap is crap) and the last 10+ episodes were really crappy. Several posts back, I already wrote about all the plot threads (FL revealing her past to ML; FL remaining clueless a lot longer, frustrating the ML; more scenes with leads hanging out with FL's teacher) involving the leads that should have been addressed, but never were (most likely due to TRP pressure). 

In addition, Anokhi's characterization was often sacrificed for plot convenience. Her love track was definitely a mess and much less care was put into it compared to the ML. She does do 180s pretty quick, lol. Her love realization came out of nowhere (only reason was because the ML's in love and the writers want the FL to quickly be on the same page; likely due to TRP pressure too) and she accepted the "forced marriage" too quickly. Luckily, Shaurya was everything I want in a ML and the overall romance plot was pretty satisfying despite all the wasted potential.

Cannot agree more! They compromised on the script to give the audience what they wanted....cute scenes of the couple. So despite all those blunders, it still made for an awesome show due to Shaurya. He initially gave me Mr.Darcy vibes but then went full-on ballistic.....both of which me likey! Heehee!

Jess4163:
In addition, Anokhi's characterization was often sacrificed for plot convenience. Her love track was definitely a mess and much less care was put into it compared to the ML. She does do 180s pretty quick, lol. Her love realization came out of nowhere (only reason was because the ML's in love and the writers want the FL to quickly be on the same page; likely due to TRP pressure too) and she accepted the "forced marriage" too quickly. Luckily, Shaurya was everything I want in a ML and the overall romance plot was pretty satisfying despite all the wasted potential.

Thank you so much @jess4163  for your recommendations I really appreciate it  <3 you are amazing and I love the way your wrote the  description of the dramas and ml characters I love reading it :)) I started watching roy leh sanae rai 2002 and I’m enjoying and I’m so excited to start watching all of the rest dramas your recommended :))

I have a question I started   watching shaurya aur anokhi ki kahani and I’m on episode 7 when does the male lead started to get attracted to the female lead what episode does their love story start? 

iDRAMA :

Thank you so much @jess4163  for your recommendations I really appreciate it  <3 you are amazing and I love the way your wrote the  description of the dramas and ml characters I love reading it :)) I started watching roy leh sanae rai 2002 and I’m enjoying and I’m so excited to start watching all of the rest dramas your recommended :))

I have a question I started   watching shaurya aur anokhi ki kahani and I’m on episode 7 when does the male lead started to get attracted to the female lead what episode does their love story start? 

The ML starts developing more of a soft spot for the FL after a ragging incident in episode 41. The love story really starts rolling once he gets jealous in episode 64. But, I always saw an underlying attraction and high tolerance on his part when it came to the FL much earlier on. So, you shouldn't skip any episodes as it concerns the ML's character development.

Also, glad to hear you're enjoying my other recs; hope they entertain you as much as they did for me!