Just wondering why the hell do people watch dramas even if they hate it to the end. I am the type who watches dramas to entertain myself not to torture myself.
But to be fair, the only drama I've forced myself to finish was Big. It wasn't horrible, it had SOOOOO much potential, but it just...sucked. I pseudo-dropped Paradise Ranch for like two years, but then decided to finish it. Definitely not the worst life decision I've made. Not great, but my Changmin feels made it watchable :) Tamra Island though, no. I can and will never attempt to finish that. Ever.
even if I hate it I'll still force myself to watch it when I have free time. Sadly, summer break has ended for me T-T
I will only drop a drama in pretty extreme cases, but in general I have a very hard time dropping things, esp dramas. I don't why, but I feel compelled to finish everything I start even when they're bugging me. Plus, there's usually some sort of incentive to continue: the hope that the show will get better, a certain character or characters, a particular storyline or if one of my favs has a role in it. I have officially dropped only 1 drama so far & that was after months and months of trying to force myself to finish it. No matter how hard I tried though watching it was like torture so finally threw in the towel. There's another dropped drama on my list, but I know for sure I'll pick it back up in due course. It's slightly easier for me to drop movies. It's weird because since movies are shorter I should be able to finish them, right? Nope, if they're boring me or something about it doesn't work for me, I'll drop it. But even so this rarely happens. Rarely. I just don't like not finishing what I've started so that makes me very careful about what I choose to watch.
I like finishing everything I start. If a drama is boring, I'll just put it on hold, and finish it when I have free time, but I'll never drop a drama. Idk. I just like being able to say "Oh, hey, I watched that drama already" but I cant say that if I didnt finish it right? If i already spent half my time watching it, i mine as well finish it. Also, I can never be able to say a drama is bad until I finish it all the way through yanoe?
jdrama wrote: Also, I can never be able to say a drama is bad until I finish it all the way through yanoe?

I'm the same way. If a drama's bad and I watched it from start to finish then I feel more justified in my critique of it.
I usually force myself to finish the drama, unless its just unbearable to watch.
Hmmm...I don't know if it will be suitable for me to vote on this poll, because I never force myself to finish a drama. I'm very easy to please and I always find good thing/reason to every drama I watched. I'm also the type whose not easily be influenced by negative review of the drama. Sometimes those negative views that drives me to watch it for me to know if it's really sucks as other said. There's just one drama that I really hate. It was good until I saw the ending that made me hate that drama forever.
Chemburlee wrote: Which drama? lol

Tokyo Love Story...I really really like it, then I curse the ending..kekeke!!!
Even though after 1 week my mind can already justify the ending but my heart can't still accept it!!!
I hate the main guy!!!
Mix of option 1 and 2. Plus I only drop it if I really hate it, which is why I don't just randomly start watching any drama and only dropped 1.
I did this with anime. I just don't like to start something and don't finish it. With my dramas I'm more relaxed. If you watch 1 or 2 episodes and don't like it, it is a lot of time you've wasted. I don't have all this time :D. So I sometimes skip boring parts or even stop watching. But I still want to know how it ends, so then I look for recaps en just read.
That depends, I drop a lot of dramas, but that's only when I'm busy and don't have the time to complete it. Otherwise I always force myself to complete the drama, because without watching every single episode I don't count it as completed. So I never speed watch or skip parts either.
PrettyCarEye wrote: I'm the same way. If a drama's bad and I watched it from start to finish then I feel more justified in my critique of it.

Me too! I don't feel like my opinion count if I haven't finished the drama. I can only say that the episodes I watched sucked, but I don't have the right to judge the whole drama if I haven't watched it all. Who knows the other half of the drama might be better.
theres only one drama that i really force myself to finish and in the end i feel like slapping my self coz i already kinda know its a bad drama to begin with even the ending suck...
so from the day till now either i speed watch or dropped it.... no arguments coz i know it from the pilot epi if its worth watching or not....