so has anyone else tried this yet? i downlaoded it today and it's awesome. it seems to have most of viki's content and i dont think you have to wait for stuff to get uploaded to the app seperately. everything i looked at today was the same status as it was on viki.com this is really great for me b/c we only have one desk top at the moment so if i wanna watch something that aired recently i dont have to monopolize the computer to do it!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!? Oh my God, I need to download this ASAP. Too bad I'm currently in the process of moving. I'll have to wait until Monday~ Would love to hear more feedback though. :D Does it glitch? wowowowow, I'm way too excited, ahhahaa.
Yep I already downloaded it :D Xbox is awesome!!
the only thing i noticed was that on one episode of passionate love if the sub was two lines long the 2nd line might appear above the 1st. also, just a personal preference but i feel like the subs are too high on the screen. if you were to divide the screen in 3rds the subs sit at the top of the bottom 3rd where as i'm used to seeing subs with just enough room for 2/3 lines.
I use the app on my Kindle Fire HDX tablet and it is wonderful. I primarily use the Dramania app, though, because it has a much, much larger library. If you have an android device, I recommend using Dramania. I've used the Viki app on an X-Box 360, though, and it works very well.
oh! and it plays korean commercials! about half the commercials i've seen so far have been korean. i saw a pizza hut commercial with two of the guys fro Reply 1994 and a gmarket commercial w/ 3 members of big bang and a few others.
I downloaded it but it says viki server is down :( not working! any ideas ?
i've been having this issue too. according to xbox the app is up and running and unfortunately contacting viki's customer service department is impossible (i cant find a way to do so on the website) and they dont even mention xbox as a supported device in their unhelpful help articles. this is disapointing, but the app was free so i'm not too upset. i know i wont be purchaasing their Viki pass though, which i had considered. if there's no way to contact customer service i'm certainly not giving them any money!
I tried it once and it was ok but since the Xbox belongs to my son once is all I could do. Waiting for the Roku Viki Channel.
I was having the same issues with the xbox app. I ended up giving up after a few tries and just using my laptop. But now the xbox app seems to be working okay, and the website is giving me issues D; I just wanna watch my dramas ugh. Haven't had any issues though when it comes to the mobile app.