The 2011 Seoul International Drama Awards ceremony held Aug. 31 at the KBS Hall in Seoul honored outstanding dramas, actors, directors and writers, drawing 204 drama entries from 37 countries.

The Chinese drama â??Three Kingdomsâ? won the nightâ??s Grand Prize as the â??worldâ??s best dramaâ? for 2010 to 2011.

The Golden Bird and Silver Bird Prizes were presented to two outstanding dramas in the TV movie, mini-series and series drama categories.

In the TV movie category, Germanyâ??s â??Shades of Happinessâ? won the Top Excellence Award with Irelandâ??s â??When Harvey Met Bobâ? bagging the Excellence Award.

In the mini-series category, â??Lutherâ? of the United Kingdom won the Golden Bird while â??Pillars of the Earthâ? from Germany won the Silver Bird prize.

In the series category, Romaniaâ??s â??In the Name of Honourâ? won the top prize while Brazilâ??s â??Passioneâ? was runner-up.

Afghanistanâ??s â??Eagle Fourâ? and New Zealandâ??s â??The Amazing Extraordinary Friends 5â? were given the special awards while the United Statesâ?? â??The Walking Deadâ? was honored with the invitational award.

In the individual awards, Miguel Alexandre won as best director for â??Shades of Happinessâ? while Spainâ??s Albert Espinosa bagged the best screenwriter award for â??The Red Band Society."

The best actor award went to Jianbin Chen for â??Three Kingdomsâ? while Na Moon Hee won as best actress for the Korean drama â??Itâ??s Me, Grandma."

In the Yahoo! Peopleâ??s Choice online voting, singer and actor Park Yoochun, member of boy band JYJ, won the popularity award for Korea.

Other winners are Charmaine Sheh for Hong Kong, Xiaotong Yu for China, Ryunosuke Kamiki for Japan and Man Shu Jian for Taiwan.

The best Korean dramas and actors were also awarded during the ceremony.

The top Korean drama award went to â??Mary Stayed Out All Nightâ? while â??Sungkyunkwan Scandalâ? was the runner-up.

Park Yoochun won as outstanding Korean actor for â??Sungkyunkwan Scandalâ? while Moon Geun Young won as outstanding Korean actress for â??Mary Stayed Out All Night."

The hit Korean drama series â??Secret Gardenâ? bagged three awards. Shin Woo Chul won as outstanding director while Kim Eun Sook won as outstanding screenwriter.

Singer Baek Ji Youngâ??s â??That Woman," which is part of the official soundtrack of â??Secret Garden," won as outstanding Korean drama soundtrack.

Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/332787/seoul-international-drama-awards-winners
wow fans really went all out for to vote for MSOAN & SK and its actors
I get Secret Garden winning awards......but Mary Stayed Out All Night?? Really? I mean I'm probably one of the few who actually enjoyed the drama, but by no means do I think it's deserving at an awards ceremony. I could probably list more than a handful of dramas off the top of my head for 2010/2011 that are much better.

And SKKS is a little iffy too, but I really liked that drama too so that one isn't a big deal. But it seems the judges for this awards ceremony really haven't seen a lot of kdramas. I'd like to know what the qualifications to win an award are. Is it just a group of people whot sit around in a circle and write down their favs??
Congrats to Yoochun!
I'm so happy that ''Three Kingdoms'' won the the award ''world’s best drama'' because it is the best drama in the world. :) And Chen Jianbin who plays Cao Cao in Three Kingdoms has a brilliant acting. ;)
Even Romania won a price. I'm so surprised.
I'm so happy that ''Three Kingdoms'' won the the award ''world’s best drama'' because it is the best drama in the world. :) And Chen Jianbin who plays Cao Cao in Three Kingdoms has a brilliant acting. ;)
Even Romania won a prize*. I'm so surprised.
Maybe I will have to try to watch " Mary Stayed Out All Night" again. “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” was one I loved and “Three Kingdoms” is on my list of dramas to watch. I think I will reserve judgement on the winners until I complete the those dramas. Hopefully this time I can get past the first episode of Mary.
I am surprised by MSOAN I only kept watching cos of JGS & KJW & hoping it wld improve, i wld say it was distinctly average!

I will deffo watch 3 kingdoms thats on my list.
Really? Mary Stayed Out All Night won the top Korean drama award?

And this award show's credibility has been flushed down the crapper.
hahahaha...seriously??!! MSOAL???..aah it doesn't say the best so i'll give it a benefit of doubt..may be it was the "top" drama hahaha
ahhh MSOAN ^^ it's so good drama
I barely watched 20 minutes of the first episode of MSOAN....lol