sirentian:
Hello fellow historical drama fans! I'm excited to have stumbled upon this club. I have a rather specific request for recommendations: I'm looking for a historical Chinese drama that has a focus on skill with horses. Doesn't have to be set in any particular dynasty.

Possible examples: has a character who's a horse geek, has scenes where a character tames a horse, or a character explains the difference between types of horses, knows how to pass off an inferior horse as an expensive horse, or cites the teachings of Bo Le, etc.

There're also scenes in Under The Queen's Umbrella when the Princes went to buy horses as part of their race to locate down and bring back a person each. Around Episode 7-8. Btw, this is a historical Korean drama, and not a c-drama.

Thank you so much zen violet and Wish Upon a Star! Will check those out.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Hey historical crew! I'm glad to be joining everybody! Historical is my my favorite thing in the world and pretty much the only television that I watch. In fact, I'm currently being frustrated by Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty, but I'm on the penultimate episode! And I'm excited to be here. 

This is my first one, but I think time travel historical is climbing high on my list!

Knavery:

The Ingenious One at the halfway mark has been interesting and no princesses or anything yet.

I wouldn't call it commoners, maybe merchant class so rich but not noble.

The casting does suggest the second half will have royalty so we'll see. But I've been impressed. This is the first historical drama for 2023 that I've watched where I think the story and pacing and plot has been well done at the halfway mark. Every other one has had hiccups or stalled the plot with romance to drag the show to 24 or 36 episodes but at 18/36 with The Ingenious One... I've been captivated the whole way.

I put this one on my list a few weeks ago and now you've inspired me to start watching it!! I was gonna get to it after some ones that are higher but I'm getting to it sooner now! 

StrawberryButterfly:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Hey historical crew! I'm glad to be joining everybody! Historical is my my favorite thing in the world and pretty much the only television that I watch. In fact, I'm currently being frustrated by Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty, but I'm on the penultimate episode! And I'm excited to be here. 

This is my first one, but I think time travel historical is climbing high on my list!

Have you put Joy of life on your watchlist, also kinda a time travel but not quite, it is based off a time travel book to the qing dynasty. So the ML has memories of modern time, it is very good and well done.

imagine:

Have you put Joy of life on your watchlist, also kinda a time travel but not quite, it is based off a time travel book to the qing dynasty. So the ML has memories of modern time, it is very good and well done.

I haven't but I'm adding it to the list now! Thank you!!

IQ seems to have started airing Destined 

The story is pretty cookie cutter, the male lead who seems like a playboy but there is more than it seems at first glance, the plucky female lead trying to break gender roles but treated poorly by her family and by the male lead at the start. 

But it has the female lead from My Heroic Husband and the male lead from New Life Begins and the two were definitely highlights in those shows so I'm going to give it a go.

As a bit of an aside IQ seems to have removed their "Coming Soon" show list from their front page. It wasn't super helpful before but I miss being able to scroll through all the upcoming period dramas they had.

Knavery:
IQ seems to have started airing Destined 

Im loving it so far (ep 12), I love the care & teamwork of the leads!

Two new xianxia dropped today, 2nd July. They’re the long awaited The Longest Promise (Xiao Zhan and RenMin), and Divine Destiny (Angelababy and Ma Tianyu)

I've been hearing rumors about Kunning Palace finally dropping this month.... Anyone hearing something solid so far?

yeah that i wanna merry someone 

CdramaMaven4762:

I've been hearing rumors about Kunning Palace finally dropping this month.... Anyone hearing something solid so far? 

So far, no concrete news as of yet but Mysterious Lotus Casebook is rumoured to air right after Destined. Story of Kunning Palace is pushed back to September, like what this melon says. Take it with a pinch of salt coz these are hearsay.

awkward potato:

So far, no concrete news as of yet but Mysterious Lotus Casebook is rumoured to air right after Destined. Story of Kunning Palace is pushed back to September, like what this melon says. Take it with a pinch of salt coz these are hearsay.

Yeah ... I've been pinching that salt a lot lately ... lol ... I'd be as excited to see the Casebook as I would to see Kunning Palace ... If I can't have both, either will do. 

But I doubt we see either for another couple of weeks. ...

CdramaMaven4762:

Yeah ... I've been pinching that salt a lot lately ... lol ... I'd be as excited to see the Casebook as I would to see Kunning Palace ... If I can't have both, either will do. 

But I doubt we see either for another couple of weeks. ... 

I’m honestly anticipating for Mysterious Lotus Casebook and wouldn’t mind it dropping right after Destined ( ◠‿◠ ) we’ll wait and see